The Definition of Delusional: Gatorsports now requires paid subscription

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Worst case scenario is they shut it all down and The Athletic replaces Sammon with the proven Dooley.

I think people misunderstood me (or maybe not) but this would be a nightmare for me.

Replacing Sammon, who is worth the sub to TA all by himself with the useless Dooley simply because he is a long time newspaper guy, would be disastrous.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think people misunderstood me (or maybe not) but this would be a nightmare for me.

Replacing Sammon, who is worth the sub to TA all by himself with the useless Dooley simply because he is a long time newspaper guy, would be disastrous.
I just read it backwards. I read it as replace Dooley with Sammon.

Sammon is good but there are plenty more like him out there. I even like that gator country guy who is quite the pumper but knows the x's and o's.

Dooley is a product of a bygone era, when being a "sports journalist" meant going to the buffet twice, hitting the tailgates and cocktail rooms early and posting the final score the next morning. Basically one of the hordes of Vern Lundquists.

I find it astonishing that he didn't learn SOMETHING about football having done this for three decades as a career. I still don't think he can pick out basic formations.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

I understood what you meant but it’s just such a bad thought...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Kinda sh!tty (or genius) they started this at the beginning of football season.

Andreu is terrible. I get bored reading his articles. Dooley enjoys insider knowledge which is the only reason he writes anything of substance.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley enjoys insider knowledge which is the only reason he writes anything of substance.
If he does, he keeps it to himself. His articles reveal absolutely nothing different than what anyone else is saying.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley:Hey coach what time is kickoff?
Mullen:7:00
Dooley: Cool I've got a scoop for my next column.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Insider stuff is cool. But if you reveal lots of it you lose that insider info.
Oh... so he has allnthese inaider connections but he doesnt tell anyone.

Like when he wrote Gidiot Part 2 article claiming there was no way Florida was firing Butters on the day of the Ga game?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I figure he has some inside stuff by virtue of his position.
Like when he wrote Gidiot Part 2 article claiming there was no way Florida was firing Butters on the day of the Ga game?
Well, it was unprecedented............

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ok I admit it. I went to the Sun site to see the damage. It's bad. In the process I clicked onto the Mutt an Jeff (Pat and Robbie) post game. Yeah, I'm ashamed of myself but I did. It was hilarious. Even worse then usual.

Here are three lowlights:

1. Dooley starts out by observing that he is standing on the surface which he notes is Astroturf. He says I didn't realize that. Maybe I should have researched it.

2. Halfway through the 3.5 minute debacle the lights go off. They had to finish in the dark. Of course they also started in the dark...just a different kind of dark.

3. He finishes by thanking the paying customers for tuning in.

:bwahaha:

It looks like the paywall really is gone. What happens to the suckers who paid. Do they get a refund?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator