The Emory Jones Thread

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
In late on the OSU sour grapes, but few things tick me off like Big ten schools bragging about their supposed superiority. He only had to Google to learn that UF had superior scores, and the Alabama bit is hilarious.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am impressed by the strength and accuracy of his arm but he is not nearly as fast as I had hoped.

This has been covered ad nauseum. He’s faster than Tebow and he was fast enough at the QB position to make the defense respect his legs. Tebow was more of a power runner, but he had more than enough speed to keep the defense honest and extend plays.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Will was asking for people to subscribe to that website. He seems like a solid dude trying to get his foot in the door. Consider helping him out.

If he becomes a poster here, I’ll subscribe and pimp his stuff.

Unless you’re “Will”...then no way.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we are talking about Will Miles and "helping him out" means reading him, then I am in. Thoughtful writer.
That’s who it is. Seems like a good guys from the podcast. Will probably post some good content. Has already said that his goal is not access to the program, so he’s not afraid of posting unflattering analysis.

Oct 5, 2014
This has been covered ad nauseum. He’s faster than Tebow and he was fast enough at the QB position to make the defense respect his legs. Tebow was more of a power runner, but he had more than enough speed to keep the defense honest and extend plays.

Tebow couldn't run fast enough to scatter his own shyt...

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Some of you might not think Tebow was fast, but he was definitely quick. He had the ability to swivel his hips very well. This allowed him to plant his foot and hit the seam in stride, which caused him to break a ton of arm tackles, and hit LBs and Safeties before they could get their feet set. Of course, there were plenty of times in the open field that he purposely went out of his way to hit a guy! :grin:
If I recall, didn't he have the fastest shuttle time of everyone but the top WR at the NFL combine the year he was there?

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I believe Tebow ran a 4.7 40 at the combine. Pretty fast for a QB.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If I recall, didn't he have the fastest shuttle time of everyone but the top WR at the NFL combine the year he was there?
Yes, he blew every other QB away at the shuttle.

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2010/3/2/1332409/tim-tebow-blows-away-the

Tebow led the field of QB's in the vertical jump with a leap of 38.5", so if he doesn't make it in the NFL, perhaps there is an NBA team that will take a chance on him!

He finished second in the broad jump (9'7") to Tim Hiller's (Western Michigan) 9'10". 's 6.66 seconds in the 3-Cone Drill was over two-tenths faster than the second place finisher.

His 20-Yard Shuttle Drill was faster than any other quarterback and 60-Yard Shuttle time was a full half second faster than the next best finisher.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, he blew every other QB away at the shuttle.

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2010/3/2/1332409/tim-tebow-blows-away-the

Tebow led the field of QB's in the vertical jump with a leap of 38.5", so if he doesn't make it in the NFL, perhaps there is an NBA team that will take a chance on him!

He finished second in the broad jump (9'7") to Tim Hiller's (Western Michigan) 9'10". 's 6.66 seconds in the 3-Cone Drill was over two-tenths faster than the second place finisher.

His 20-Yard Shuttle Drill was faster than any other quarterback and 60-Yard Shuttle time was a full half second faster than the next best finisher.
What an absolute shame to have those kind of measurables and not progress. It wasn't the throwing motion either. There've been far worse who made a career of it. No, it was upstairs.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What an absolute shame to have those kind of measurables and not progress. It wasn't the throwing motion either. There've been far worse who made a career of it. No, it was upstairs.
Well he has a learning disability, so there’s that.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
While we're window shopping, shouldn't we see these also?

We cannot grasp the anti-QB coaching that FF & JA got screwing with their FB IQ ? Mullen just may have a fierce QB competition on his hands. We have the enjoyment of making its proceedings. We need more than one competent QB. I like FF's size in Mullen's offense.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator