The Emory Jones Thread

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
screenshot_20171221-222647-jpg.8414

:lmao2:

In 2006 the bucknuts fans bragged about how much OSU was academically superior to UF. When it was pointed out the average SAT/ACT score of incoming Freshmen was significantly higher at UF they quieted down. After the game, they quieted down even more.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I also thought the clips I had seen were less impressive than I was expecting. Not that it wasn't good, but I expected more.

Then, I found this more comprehensive video of his junior year and see where the original 5* rating came from:

It says he missed 5 games. Anyone know the injury history?

He's big and a lot shiftier than he looks. The first that impressed me the most was that he always keeps his eyes downfield, even with open space to run in (and seems to realize that when he starts to run, receivers get open). The second was a little harder, it wasn't obvious from looking at his head, but he must be doing a good job of looking off the defensive backfield, because they were often out of position, around a different receiver, and frantically adjusting back after the pass. Most HS quarterbacks stare down their receivers and try to win with their arms. Watch it again, looking at the DBs and tell me if you see the same thing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In 2006 the bucknuts fans bragged about how much OSU was academically superior to UF. When it was pointed out the average SAT/ACT score of incoming Freshmen was significantly higher at UF they quieted down. After the game, they quieted down even more.
yeah..... anyone can get the into Crackumbus.

29 might be the average for some smaller set of students, but they have many diversity programs that have special standards, no doubt they dont count those in "the average". Many kids start having to do 099 level.courses. Maybe they consider those as provional admissions or.something and dont count the stats.

Im not criticizing. It is an urban "State" school doing it's mission, but skewing their numbers to appear better is a joke.

Crackumbus isnt even one of the best state schools in Ohio. Miami and OU are better.

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
He's big and a lot shiftier than he looks. The first that impressed me the most was that he always keeps his eyes downfield, even with open space to run in (and seems to realize that when he starts to run, receivers get open). The second was a little harder, it wasn't obvious from looking at his head, but he must be doing a good job of looking off the defensive backfield, because they were often out of position, around a different receiver, and frantically adjusting back after the pass. Most HS quarterbacks stare down their receivers and try to win with their arms. Watch it again, looking at the DBs and tell me if you see the same thing.
I saw the wide open receivers too, but think it is more a result of it being HS football. It is true though that he didn't state down the receivers.

Another aspect that stood out to me was the change of velocity on his passes. He has a lot of touch on shorter, open passes but can really sling it on some of the deeper in routes (not too many in the video) or when he sees a smaller window downfield. That is something Franks still struggles with, though . . . Mac.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
:lol: I remember that very well. Those people just throw sh*t against the wall and hope it sticks. They remind me of FSU fans!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Franks got zero development here under Quiverlips and Dumpsterfire. We knew coming in he needed a year or two of development to be formidable. He has the talent so I’m excited to see if Mullen takes to him and develops him and uses him.

I would bet that almost no QB got development, and perhaps a poor s and c coach allowed the injury. I expect Trask to develop into a good backup. Perhaps against some of our lesser opponents the second string can get some real opportunities.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I would bet that almost no QB got development, and perhaps a poor s and c coach allowed the injury. I expect Trask to develop into a good backup. Perhaps against some of our lesser opponents the second string can get some real opportunities.
I’m looking forward to it for one side reason: Mullen can flat out prove how garbage of a coach Mac and Nuss were by getting development from franks and the offense in general. I honestly think we will be a top 50 offense next year with the talent we have and additional S&C. Further embarassing Mac makes me giddy

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
In general it is very difficult to get into UF as well. In fact folks can get into Bama who we can't take. So I take this with a truck load of salt.
What is low class thing to post about a kid. If it's true, his ACT score should not be broadcast to the world. If it's not true, it's a scurrilous lie. The person who posted that is nothing but a dirtbag. Welcome to Gainesville, Emory. Go Gators!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I find it hilarious that clown claims the average ACT score at bucknut U is 29. What a crock of sht. The max score you can get on an ACT is a 36. Geting a 29 on the ACT is like scoring above 1400 on the SAT (max score 1600). Sorry but the average for both ACT and SAT at ANY school other than Ivy league universities is WELL below 29 or 1400. You score a 29 on the ACT and you are considered a step or two below :nerd:

Now maybe the kid did score a 16, who knows, I sure dont. But I also bet that Mullen did his homework on the kid so I doubt whatever his scores may have been, that he wouldnt be able to qualify at UF. What I do know though is the average ACT score for bucknut students is nowhere near a dang 29.

:lmao2:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I find it hilarious that clown claims the average ACT score at bucknut U is 29. What a crock of sht. The max score you can get on an ACT is a 36. Geting a 29 on the ACT is like scoring above 1400 on the SAT (max score 1600). Sorry but the average for both ACT and SAT at ANY school other than Ivy league universities is WELL below 29 or 1400. You score a 29 on the ACT and you are considered a step or two below :nerd:
OSU is a community college. Not kidding. Plenty of kids there that couldn't get into anything better than Santa Fe. I know some personally.

They have ALWAYS taken kids that cant get into Meatchikin or ND. Both of those schools can rightfully claim to have higher standards, though I don't know how high these days.

Play and interview of Maurice Clarett on youtube and tell me how tough it is to get into Crackumbus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator