The fake

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
i don't want to hear the "oh we weren't expected to win this game anyways" or the "to be that close with our backup QB was a miracle" BS. That fake field goal was inexcusable and so painfully obvious. I couldn't really sleep and if will probably haunt me all week.

Other notes:
-DBU better never call themselves that again
-Poole, wth are you doing kid?
-that was our ball when fournette fumbled
-everyone played their hearts out which was awesome
-treon was good enough to win outside of those last two drives but there were guys wide open most plays that he was just not getting the ball to. Hopefully that improves in time or we are in trouble
-game was lost because of the defense, but conversely the defense is the only reason we stayed in it
-**** that scrawny ass kicker
-you shouldn't be able to throw a pass forward with your knee on the ground
-Calloway is a monster
-seriously we lost on that ****ing fake again???!?!!!???!!!???!!!

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Worse yet my boss is a Michigan state fan and will be talking about how awesome their win was blah ****ing blah diaf ****boy

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The pass from the knee was a lateral but I get your point. The fumble was ours. We fought back like we always do with this team. No quit in them. We are at least a year or two ahead of schedule but I am still amazed at the improvement

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it was a lateral dude, the angle they kept showing shower the ball moving forward.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[h=2]The fake = :puke::angry::gah::boom:[/h]

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Any current or future UF coach needs to stop trying to block LSU kicks. If it is a kick off be prepared for on-sides. If it is a punt play safe for the fake. If it is a filed goal same thing. Miles has made a living screwing UF on fake kicks of all sorts. That was piss poor by the coaching staff.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Our special teams has been one of our biggest weaknesses all season. We need to put more emphasis in that area moving forward. I was surprised to see how poorly LSU ranked in returns, as well.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
MatthewM.;n299310 said:
i don't want to hear the "oh we weren't expected to win this game anyways" or the "to be that close with our backup QB was a miracle" BS. That fake field goal was inexcusable and so painfully obvious. I couldn't really sleep and if will probably haunt me all week.

Other notes:
1-DBU better never call themselves that again
2-Poole, wth are you doing kid?
3-that was our ball when fournette fumbled
4-everyone played their hearts out which was awesome
5-treon was good enough to win outside of those last two drives but there were guys wide open most plays that he was just not getting the ball to. Hopefully that improves in time or we are in trouble
6-game was lost because of the defense, but conversely the defense is the only reason we stayed in it
7-**** that scrawny ass kicker
8-you shouldn't be able to throw a pass forward with your knee on the ground
9-Calloway is a monster
10-seriously we lost on that ****ing fake again???!?!!!???!!!???!!!

I numbered them for ease of reply.
I agree with all of this basically.

3- yes it was. There is video of grabbing in bounds.
5. this simple comment will get you grief. Its a simple fact/comment, but look out. All three observations in this I fully agree.
6. yeppers.
8.That kneeling holder throwing conjecture is a rules criticism but, I think they are given special dispensation that allows this and not being 'down'. Like sometimes 'y' as a vowel ). This needs to be researched for clarity, but I would agree it does;t 'seem' like it should be allowed but its standard trick playery.

THE FAKE...How many years/fakes have we seen form them. Somebody needs to gather them all up on tape and give it to Mac.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We needed that 2nd fumble recovery. It would have been one of my keys to winning fulfilled (2TOs). It would have been a game changer but it was taken away.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If LSU kicks the field goal instead of faking it they still would have won.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n299351 said:

This is probably true. The closest we got to kicking a FG the rest of the game would have been about a 52 yarder for Hardin. And well, it would have been a 52 yarder for Hardin.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Bernardo de la Paz;n299351 said:

This is true, but not the point. They could have scored 21 more and the fake Fg would still be a point of annoyance after all these times.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I always have a problem with that on a knee and throwing the ball rule just as much as I think the quarterback going to the line to spike the ball to stop the clock is truly intentional grounding.

And I had just told my wife Miles likes to fake FGs right as they were lining up. Why was that not anticipated I'll never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n299310 said:
-seriously we lost on that ****ing fake again???!?!!!???!!!???!!!
how-to-control-anger-postiveattitudematters-com.jpg

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah LSU seems to do that to us every single year and we just can't stop it

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Loogis;n299361 said:
And I had just told my wife Miles likes to fake FGs right as they were lining up. Why was that not anticipated I'll never know.
Amazingly, we pay a dude, some dude named Nord, to do nothing but be a ST coordinator. However, he apparently didn't get the memo that Miles likes to fake FGs and punts.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Furthermore, if we WERE prepared for it and STOPPED IT, the game would be 28-28, and we'd have the ball back on our 20-ish.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
THIS to the entire thread. That play made me sick to my stomach.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think you'll ever catch Mac again off guard on Miles. From what I seen thus far, he's attention to detail and knows he got burned. They may try it again one day but I am sure Mac will be looking for it. And as far as the knee on the ground I found this:

b. When any part of the runner’s body, except his hand or foot, touches
the ground or when the runner is tackled or otherwise falls and loses
possession of the ball as he contacts the ground with any part of his
body, except his hand or foot. (Exception: The ball remains alive when
an offensive player has simulated a kick or is in position to kick the ball
held for a place kick by a teammate. The ball may be kicked, passed or
advanced by rule) (A.R. 4-1-3-I).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.