The National Signing Day Thread

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Tom Loy isn’t a slouch and has been plugged into this recruitment. Might swing back to the good guys but for him to cb him to OLe Miss makes me nervous
I have to say, I never really understood Corral to UF honestly. He's a West Coast kid, previously committed to USC then under rumors of character issues de-commits and verbals to Mac? He's got the talent to go almost anywhere, and Pac 12 would seem the obvious choice based on Geography and the fact that they put as many or more QB's in the NFL than any league. So Pac 12 would seem to make by far the most sense, and yet it seems a lot of programs weren't recruiting him for reasons that don't seem to be publicly discussed.

And I definitely found this a little concerning from his Dad “I just want Matt to be happy, settled down, comfortable where he’s at and knowing that he’s wanted there.” What does "knowing that he's wanted" mean? Of course he's wanted, that's why a program would be recruiting him as a cornerstone of their class. Does Dad want to be shown just how much he's wanted, or tangible proof that we want him more than the others?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ole Piss was still buying players since that's the way it has always been done there. They just may have perfected how to do it with no connection at all to the program and coaching staff.

I've never been confident that he would end up in our class, and still will be surprised (and happy) if he does.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I dunno man, we're dealing with 17/18yo kids.
It could be that Shea Patterson is gone and that has opened the door for him to step in and play right away. Of course if he comes here and gets after it he could step in a play here as well.
Go Gators!!!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have to say, I never really understood Corral to UF honestly. He's a West Coast kid, previously committed to USC then under rumors of character issues de-commits and verbals to Mac? He's got the talent to go almost anywhere, and Pac 12 would seem the obvious choice based on Geography and the fact that they put as many or more QB's in the NFL than any league. So Pac 12 would seem to make by far the most sense, and yet it seems a lot of programs weren't recruiting him for reasons that don't seem to be publicly discussed.

And I definitely found this a little concerning from his Dad “I just want Matt to be happy, settled down, comfortable where he’s at and knowing that he’s wanted there.” What does "knowing that he's wanted" mean? Of course he's wanted, that's why a program would be recruiting him as a cornerstone of their class. Does Dad want to be shown just how much he's wanted, or tangible proof that we want him more than the others?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ole Piss was still buying players since that's the way it has always been done there. They just may have perfected how to do it with no connection at all to the program and coaching staff.

I've never been confident that he would end up in our class, and still will be surprised (and happy) if he does.
I would assume he means that the school actually wants his kid there...unlike the perception that maybe Mullen doesn't really want him here...or the reason why it seems no other major programs are beating down the door for this kid that is so talented of a passer...he is wanted for some reason or another

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

USC screwed him over because he beat up one of Greztky's stuck up brats. There was a ton of info on the USC board about what happened. The gretzky kids are known arseholes and the kid deserved the beating. That set the domino's off and Wayne is somehow largely involved in USC athletics. USC pulled his offer or they both went their separate ways. Corral decided on us shortly thereafter. A hard commit and a big recruiter. Not the way I want the DM era to begin. But hey trust the coaches...never heard that before. But I am sure Dan is different.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Uhhh...Bama? Mich? A&M? USC? UCLA? You don't possibly believe that the only two colleges interested in him are us and Ole Miss, do you?

If so he sure isn’t visiting a lot of places. I’ve said from the beginning. Something doesn’t add up with this kids recruitment

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Uhhh...Bama? Mich? A&M? USC? UCLA? You don't possibly believe that the only two colleges interested in him are us and Ole Miss, do you?

I don’t think he has committable offers elsewhere. He wouldn’t be serious about Ole Miss otherwise IMO. Or at least that’s what I’ve been led to believe via twitter and people claiming to be in the know.

Regardless, it’s not important and wasn’t the point of my post :)

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From 23 mins ago.
@corral_matt: The type of assumptions you all make is all pro to whatever school you are a fan of.. lol none of you know anything.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
From 23 mins ago.
@corral_matt: The type of assumptions you all make is all pro to whatever school you are a fan of.. lol none of you know anything.
giphy.gif

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’d be more worried if he wasn’t taking his official visit here after Mullen and Johnson went in-home with him. The kid is solid in my opinion. He’s said numerous times that he’s coming here. Why would he waste years of eligibility to go to a program on probation?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@InsideTheGators: Former four-star dual-threat Logan Bryd transferring from UNC. Prototypical Mullen quarterback

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I actually really want Corral to stay. I know he isn't the prototype QB for Mullen, but I think he is talented and Mullen can make it work. I also think he is athletic enough to run the ball some, just not in a Tebow/Prescott mold.

The key thing to me is that he seems to have a ton of leadership (based on how recruits flocked to him). I want him here helping to recruit others and I want a QB with that type of energy again.

We currently do not have any QBs on the roster that I think are good enough to help our offense improve. We need a couple high caliber guys.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
@InsideTheGators: Former four-star dual-threat Logan Bryd transferring from UNC. Prototypical Mullen quarterback

247 has him listed as a 3 star pro set QB. 40 time of 4.9 sucks if we are expecting him to run but maybe that time was from a few years ago and he's gotten faster? Why is he leaving UNC, not as good as the QB's ahead of him?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

If he’s a prototypical Mullen QB then so is Corrall. I’d argue Corrall os actually more athletic.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I just don't want to start off his tenure with a moment that we can look back on and say that was his downfall years from now if we miss on him and never recover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.