The National Signing Day Thread

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It's amazing how lazy Butters and his staff were compared to Mullen so far. It seemed liked hee haw waited till the last minute to recruit players and had to settle for the sun belt level recruits.
The staff followed butters approach. I forgot where I read it but guys from being the scenes said he kept saying no to elite kids and told the staff to wait on others. We had elite qbs WANT to commit and he said no. He basically didn’t do his job on purpose

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The staff followed butters approach. I forgot where I read it but guys from being the scenes said he kept saying no to elite kids and told the staff to wait on others. We had elite qbs WANT to commit and he said no. He basically didn’t do his job on purpose
That beggars the imagination! Really?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
You have friends? Who knew!!
giphy.gif

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
I don't think anyone has linked to this, so sorry if it is MOM, but this article about Drew Hughes is really interesting. He was on Muschamp's staff and dealt with the transition between Muschamp and Butters. Said that he made some notes afterward about what to do with recruiting and a coaching change, and was able to put them into effect this time, which allowed Mullen to hit the ground running. It is little things like this that seemed to have an impact. http://floridagators.com/news/2017/12/19/scott-carter-gators-ready-for-early-NSD.aspx

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't approve of Drew Hughes remaining employed after the disaster that recruiting has been through the last two regimes.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I don't approve of Drew Hughes remaining employed after the disaster that recruiting has been through the last two regimes.
Agreed. Recruiting from a ranking standpoint was very good with Champ but we didn’t target oline, qbs, or skill position guys. Who is the director of all of that? And we recruited Derrick Henry as a Linebacker :facepalm:

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. Recruiting from a ranking standpoint was very good with Champ but we didn’t target oline, qbs, or skill position guys. Who is the director of all of that? And we recruited Derrick Henry as a Linebacker :facepalm:
:facepalm: I was THIS close to purging that from my memory. We spent countless visits trying to convince him that he had no future at RB.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like they're already all over the 19 class too. I bet it's a top 5 class in 19.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like they're already all over the 19 class too. I bet it's a top 5 class in 19.
It should always be a top 5 class at least til we get so stocked we cant land a large class.

Hostorically, 7 is "average". I know people want to grade on a curve now after Butters classes.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It was, under awful coaching and play on the field.

I think it's better than many perceive(d). We are still the flagship Gators in a heavily populated recruiting hotbed. Gotta give Hughes a little love even if it was just making note of how awful the last transition class went and what to do the next time. He obviously paid attention. Hats off to Mullen and crew as well.

We'll still have to do it on the field but we are stepping in the right direction.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach told me that was a myth. I had to pull the SI interview with Henry to prove it. Henry grew up a Gator. Course he says the same thing about the Clintons.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The bashers, dumpers, haters and complainers don't like to get called out ESPECIALLY when they are wrong. Go back and read the threads when Mullen was first hired. They HATED the Mullen hire. OWNED and DESTROYED thus far. Go Gators!! In Mullen We Trust!!
For the love of God, please find a new shtick. This one was old and tired years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator