The National Signing Day Thread

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
No idea who gave Mac the QB guru monikor, it could not have proved to be more opposite.

We have actually seen Mullen develop QBs so that is part of the difference.

The other part that I can see is Mac and his "dead fish" team matched personalties; Mullen is high energy. I have hope, and at this point, it is more than I expected.

GO GATORS!!!!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
No idea who gave Mac the QB guru monikor, it could not have proved to be more opposite.

We have actually seen Mullen develop QBs so that is part of the difference.

The other part that I can see is Mac and his "dead fish" team matched personalties; Mullen is high energy. I have hope, and at this point, it is more than I expected.

GO GATORS!!!!
All I can say is that your avatar is a cute dog.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
My amber girl! She is a rescue from Husky haven in Houston. I love her so much.

The first 6 months i had her she would cower down on the floor if I got close to her, she had been abused. I took it slow and steady and she does hops when I get home from work nowadays, it is so rewarding!!!!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

The first 6 months i had her she would cower down on the floor if I got close to her, she had been abused. I took it slow and steady and she does hops when I get home from work nowadays, it is so rewarding!!!!
We have gotten a dog from the pound, rescued one ourselves (kept her when unclaimed), but I our present dog has a more dramatic story. A relative bred two Aussies with the intent to sell the puppies and then found she was too picky to sell to the people who were prepared to pay. Gave the dog to a seemingly sincere man who wanted the dog with the caveat that they would check on the dog. An impromptu visit revealed that the man appeared to be running a dog fight operation and had apparently taken her to be killed by his vicious dogs. Needless to say, the dog was just taken back by the original owner from whom we got her. Smartest dog I have ever seen.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Same here. My house was in a secluded area of Georgia and on 10 acres to boot. The wind would often leave my back porch-door gaped open. Came home, one day and there she was curled up as a perfect fit in that circled bent-oak chair, perfect for her snoozing. As I approach to pet her, she panicked like in an air-raid. She thrust her terrorized trembling lil body into the farthrest corner of the porch. So I stopped. All week I left her bowls of water & food by the door, 12 feet away. Everyday I came home from work, everytime the far-corner trembling.

On weekends, I left the back door to the house wide open hoping she would approach me. My sister phoned to alert me she was coming over (giving me time to cower in the far corner of the porch). I heard her car door shut and went out the garage entrance to greet. It was my sister & my niece and there, raced out to greet them, was the lil pup, Boogidy, excitedly wagging her tail.

From the above event, I knew Boogidy's story. This is rural Georgia, remember? Here it is. This pup, whom I haven't gotten close to yet, lived with a single Mom & her little daughter. But Mom had a typical live-in mean boyfriend. The pup got love from Mom and lil girl but hatefullest abuse from redneck boyfriend. So Boogedy ran away ... to slip through my open porch door. Me being a male, also she couldn't trust me.

One weekend, door open, I was studying in the living room. Almost unnoticed Boogidy slipped in, jumped up on the far-far end of the couch about 8' away. I pretend not to notice. She slept. I went to my computer room to work.Down that quiet hallway I heard her come searching for me. Her urgent paw-gallopping sounded like boogidy-boogidy to me and thus she named herself.

When she let me hold her, I checked her out. Her little body bore 3 cigarette burn scars, recent enuf to represent the "last-straw". Away she ran probably scared as hell, not knowing the big world. She became the most loving dog, as only rescued dogs can be. However, I witnessed the saddest imprint of early abuse: she was too perfect, too accommadating. She would look up at me for a sign of permission on everything she could do (that's an ugly fear for man's best friend to be harnessed to). I tried to teach her to be "bad", tried to get her to take my sock off the floor to run away with it. She stare at my gestures, grabbed the sock but run only 2 feet, dropped it, & turned with the stare "is that okay? I don't feel safe doing this "bad stuff". So she trained me in compliance to her comfort zone.

That residue of early abuse endured. Whenever a stranger-male visited, along with a girl or two. I could see Boogidy's body make frantic micro-shivers. But now she had bravery, and she made it a point to meet the male first, challenge him into showing if he's gonna hurt her or not. Once assured by making him allow her to curl up in his lap for 5 minutes most, she then went to the females for her best loving. There's plenty of adventure stories onward with Boogidy, in spite of the handicaps she suffered.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac's gone, hopefully we're through recruiting dogs.
If Butterteeth had even tried to recruit a QB that OSU and Bammer wanted, think he would have even answered the phone when Ole Quiverlips called?

Last edited:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Similar story. Many years ago as a young man I got my first dog. Went to the shelter and picked the one dog that wasn’t barking and going apesh*t. In fact, she had her back turned to the front and looked scared to death. Took her home (renting a trailer with 2 other Marines) and she spent the next couple of months showing absolutely no emotion...and she was scared of her own shadow. We did everything to show the dog love and then finally one day someone knocked on the door and she barked. We went crazy...it was like she emerged from a coma. She became an awesome dog and I took her everywhere. I even took her running with me even though she was a small dog. Friends started commenting that she was starting to pack on a few pounds and I agreed and decided to step up her game. Got home one evening and took her on a 5 mile run. I took a shower and went out drinking. Came home sh*tfaced to a trailer full of puppies. Total idiot I was and didn’t live that down for awhile. But damn I loved that dog.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Similar story. Many years ago as a young man I got my first dog. Went to the shelter and picked the one dog that wasn’t barking and going apesh*t. In fact, she had her back turned to the front and looked scared to death. Took her home (renting a trailer with 2 other Marines) and she spent the next couple of months showing absolutely no emotion...and she was scared of her own shadow. We did everything to show the dog love and then finally one day someone knocked on the door and she barked. We went crazy...it was like she emerged from a coma. She became an awesome dog and I took her everywhere. I even took her running with me even though she was a small dog. Friends started commenting that she was starting to pack on a few pounds and I agreed and decided to step up her game. Got home one evening and took her on a 5 mile run. I took a shower and went out drinking. Came home sh*tfaced to a trailer full of puppies. Total idiot I was and didn’t live that down for awhile. But damn I loved that dog.

She was on deck before my first wife. She was also on deck after my first wife. So there’s that.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Rescue dogs are the greatest. Would never buy another dog. Currently have 3 (and two cats my wife swindled me into thanks to our crappy neighbors abandoning them when they left), but the first one we got was still the greatest. How he was with my son the first year of his life was amazing. Where my son was he was right next to him. Was crushed when he passed.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
When Boogidy learned that she could use that love on me that she never could feel to express, she amazed me. She never wanted to leave my side. One extremely hot day after us exploring the woods in my yard, and wading through the stream. I was sweaty dirty. I got in the shower. Scrubbing away I looked down and saw this teletale shadow silhouette through the shower curtain. "Can't be, I thought." Pulled back the curtain and there was Boogie, standing expectantly, paws on tub's rim asking me to help her into the tub! I lifted her in, water showering down all along, and I lathered her up and we finished my shower together. I've had some amazing personality dogs. None would do that.??

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Last Tuesday I had to put down my 12 year old lab / chow mix. She wandered onto my property over 10 years ago and I nursed her back to health. She slept next to my bed at night and next to my chair in the daytime and she was my best friend and protector. I had just put down my little lap dog about 3 months prior and really havent gotten over her yet when this happened. I love my dogs like children. Its been a very sad and empty feeling over the last week....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.