The National Signing Day Thread

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Bama's freshman QB Tua Tagovailoa is good enough to win a Heisman there when he gets his chance. I really think he's that good. If his younger brother is anywhere close to that talented, I hope we can get him here. He'd be a good fit in Mullen's system. He'll figure out how to spell Gators and the chomp.
I personally can't wait for a LB verbal. We are in desperate need. 4 star, 5 star LBs should be flocking here with the immediate playing time that's available and the stage they'll get to showcase their talents in Grantham's system. I like Reese, Joseph and Moon. But we need like 4-6 LBs and or DEs.
Mcelwain left the LB position in the same shape that muschamp left the O line. You can't have one position group become that thin at a major program like UF. No excuses for not getting good LB here

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Same here. My house was in a secluded area of Georgia and on 10 acres to boot. The wind would often leave my back porch-door gaped open. Came home, one day and there she was curled up as a perfect fit in that circled bent-oak chair, perfect for her snoozing. As I approach to pet her, she panicked like in an air-raid. She thrust her terrorized trembling lil body into the farthrest corner of the porch. So I stopped. All week I left her bowls of water & food by the door, 12 feet away. Everyday I came home from work, everytime the far-corner trembling.

On weekends, I left the back door to the house wide open hoping she would approach me. My sister phoned to alert me she was coming over (giving me time to cower in the far corner of the porch). I heard her car door shut and went out the garage entrance to greet. It was my sister & my niece and there, raced out to greet them, was the lil pup, Boogidy, excitedly wagging her tail.

From the above event, I knew Boogidy's story. This is rural Georgia, remember? Here it is. This pup, whom I haven't gotten close to yet, lived with a single Mom & her little daughter. But Mom had a typical live-in mean boyfriend. The pup got love from Mom and lil girl but hatefullest abuse from redneck boyfriend. So Boogedy ran away ... to slip through my open porch door. Me being a male, also she couldn't trust me.

One weekend, door open, I was studying in the living room. Almost unnoticed Boogidy slipped in, jumped up on the far-far end of the couch about 8' away. I pretend not to notice. She slept. I went to my computer room to work.Down that quiet hallway I heard her come searching for me. Her urgent paw-gallopping sounded like boogidy-boogidy to me and thus she named herself.

When she let me hold her, I checked her out. Her little body bore 3 cigarette burn scars, recent enuf to represent the "last-straw". Away she ran probably scared as hell, not knowing the big world. She became the most loving dog, as only rescued dogs can be. However, I witnessed the saddest imprint of early abuse: she was too perfect, too accommadating. She would look up at me for a sign of permission on everything she could do (that's an ugly fear for man's best friend to be harnessed to). I tried to teach her to be "bad", tried to get her to take my sock off the floor to run away with it. She stare at my gestures, grabbed the sock but run only 2 feet, dropped it, & turned with the stare "is that okay? I don't feel safe doing this "bad stuff". So she trained me in compliance to her comfort zone.

That residue of early abuse endured. Whenever a stranger-male visited, along with a girl or two. I could see Boogidy's body make frantic micro-shivers. But now she had bravery, and she made it a point to meet the male first, challenge him into showing if he's gonna hurt her or not. Once assured by making him allow her to curl up in his lap for 5 minutes most, she then went to the females for her best loving. There's plenty of adventure stories onward with Boogidy, in spite of the handicaps she suffered.
Damn I hate people.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Bama's freshman QB Tua Tagovailoa is good enough to win a Heisman there when he gets his chance. I really think he's that good. If his younger brother is anywhere close to that talented, I hope we can get him here. He'd be a good fit in Mullen's system. He'll figure out how to spell Gators and the chomp.
I personally can't wait for a LB verbal. We are in desperate need. 4 star, 5 star LBs should be flocking here with the immediate playing time that's available and the stage they'll get to showcase their talents in Grantham's system. I like Reese, Joseph and Moon. But we need like 4-6 LBs and or DEs.
Mcelwain left the LB position in the same shape that muschamp left the O line. You can't have one position group become that thin at a major program like UF. No excuses for not getting good LB here

I’m really curious to see which if any of our DE’s can move to LB or flex between the two.

I’ve read speculation that Burney may move up to OLB.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It's probably safe for us to sign as many as 4 or 5 more OL's?

From Goldkamp, UF's current OL board (w/ Ivey still listed and the two new signees):

Offensive Line
Players:

Andrew Mike, RSR
Kavaris Harkless, RSR
Martez Ivey, SR
Tyler Jordan, SR
Fredrick Johnson, SR
Noah Banks, RJR
Nick Buchanan, RJR
T.J. McCoy, RJR
Jawaan Taylor, JR
Stone Forsythe, RSO
Jean Delance, RSO
Brett Heggie, RSO
Kadeem Telfort, RFR*
T.J. Moore, RFR
Chris Bleich, FR

Pending further attrition, we’ve got room for 4-6 more recruits in this class. But I do expect others to leave either for the NFL, bad fit transfers, academics, etc.

15 is a solid number of bodies on the OL - if 8-10 can really play. 2-3 more in this class would be nice if we’re talking Barnes, Petit-Frere & Martilius but I don’t think we need 5-6 more OL when we need elite talent at CB, LB & DE.

TheAlumni

Oct 29, 2017
Driskel has done nothing in the NFL. Cincy signed him solely for his physical traits after SF cut him for Driskeling in the pre-season. QB is the one position some NFL teams will keep you around a year or two based on just physical traits even when you show you can't play the position well.

But the fact remains he made an NFL roster and has been on one for a couple of years, that alone says the guy has something the NFL deems worthy of a roster spot and being paid

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(from GN) A school-by-school look at the SEC early signing period:

Alabama: 14 signees, including one five-star recruit and 10 four-star prospects
Arkansas: 8 signees, including two four-star prospects
Auburn: 15 signees, including 11 four-star prospects
Florida: 13 signees, including seven four-star prospects
Georgia: 20 signees, including six five-star recruits and 12 four-star prospects
Kentucky: 20 signees, including two four-star prospects
LSU: 19 signees, including one five-star recruit and nine four-star prospects
Mississippi State: 15 signees, including four four-star prospects
Missouri: 16 signees
Ole Miss: 14 signees, including two four-star prospects
South Carolina: 19 signees, including four four-star prospects
Tennessee: 13 signees, including five four-star prospects
Texas A&M: 9 signees, including five four-star prospects
Vanderbilt: 16 signees, including three four-star prospects

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
So, basically, we have the 4th best SEC class to this point behind Georgia, Bama, and Auburn.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
A look at recruits in the Under Armour Game:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature...-all-american-targets-for-the-florida-gators/

Now that the holidays have past, college football fans around the country will turn their attention to bowl games and high school all star games.

The Florida Gators in particular will have five commits and several other big targets playing in the Under Armour All-American game in Orlando, Florida on January 4th.

Prospects arrive in Orlando on Saturday to prepare for the game with practices beginning on Sunday for the players.

GatorCountry.com will be live in Orlando to bring you updates starting on Saturday but here we preview who to look for in the game.

Team Highlight

Team Highlight will feature two commits who have signed on its team when quarterback Emory Jones and defensive back Trey Dean strap it up in Orlando.

Jones and Dean will have several key targets to recruit for the Gators while in Orlando as they will be teamed up with four targets of the new coaching staff.

Receiver Jacob Copeland will be catching passes from Jones as the once Gators commit is still very high on Florida with Alabama and Tennessee hot on the trail for the receiver.

Receiver Ja’Marr Chase is another receiver in this game but isn’t expected to play due to an injury suffered this year. Chase hasn’t received a lot of attention from Dan Mullen and his staff yet but that could change soon.

Another guy that will be catching passes from Jones next week is receiver Tommy Bush who just received an offer from Florida before Christmas. Bush has said he may visit Florida in January as Georgia looks to be the team to beat right now.

Kentucky linebacker commit Xavier Peters will also play on team highlight as he’s someone that is expected to visit in January as well. Peters has some academic hurdles to meet but if everything checks out than the Gators are a team to watch for.

Team Spotlight

Team Spotlight will feature three Florida commits on its team and they will also have several targets to recruit for the Gators during the week.

Offensive line commit Richard Gouraige and tight end signee Kyle Pitts will be on the offensive side of the ball. Kicker signee Evan McPherson will handle the kicking duties for Team Spotlight.

Gouraige will have two targets working in his position group during the weekend including a good friend of his in offensive lineman Nick Petit-Frere. Petit-Frere looks to be favoring Ohio State and Alabama at this time as the Gators try to get a visit in January from the lineman.

Florida State offensive line commit Christian Meadows will line up besides Gouraige as well. Meadows took an unofficial visit to Florida in December and plans to return in January. Meadows is looking hard at Florida and Miami as they try to flip him from FSU.

Receiver Anthony Schwartz is planning to announce his decision at the game and Auburn looks to be the favorite to land the speedster.

Auburn defensive line commit Coynis Miller will be in the game and is expected to visit Florida, Alabama and others in January. Miller is close to running backs coach JaJuan Seider and that is a big reason for the visit.

One of the Gators top linebacker targets will be in the game in Alabama linebacker commit Quay Walker who has talked about visiting Florida in January. Walker is also looking at Auburn and Tennessee.

Another interesting linebacker target in the game that Florida may try to get in with is linebacker Nik Bonitto who defensive coordinator Todd Grantham visited with in December.

Stay tuned to GatorCountry.com for updates on the Under Armour game starting on Saturday.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The current recruiting board (from the guy at gatorcountry's recruiting board, he does very good work):

Who is on the Board? These are the ones I am aware of. I am sure I have forgotten some and more names could get added in the next few weeks. Perhaps the mods will sticky until NSD.

QB: None I am aware of

RB: None I am aware of

TE: Glenn Beal, LSU lean

OL: Richard Gouraige commit to UF

OL: William Barnes

OL: Ed Montilus

OL: Nick Petit Frere, UF/ND/Bama

OL: Christian Meadows, commit to FSU, will visit UF

WR: Jamarr Chase, LSU lean and former UF commit

WR: Jacob Copeland, Bama/UF/Vols

WR: Corey Gammage, UF commit

WR: Anthony Scwartz, Auburn lean and will announce at UAAAG

WR: Tommy Bush, UGA lean

WR: Marquez Ezzard, FSU lean, May visit UF

F7: Noah Jefferson, UF lean

F7: Dorian Gerald, Vols lean IMO

F7: Coynis Miller, Auburn commit, will visit UF

F7: Andrew Chatfield, Cane lean, will visit UF

F7: Nik Bonnito, Texas lean, may visit UF

F7: Xavier Peterson, UK commit, will visit UF

F7: Quay Walker, Bama commit, may visit UF

F7: Chauncey Manac: Cincinatti commit

F7: Nesta Silvera, Cane lean, may visit UF

DB: Mario Goodrich, LSU lean, may visit UF

DB: Patrick Surtain Jr. LSU lean

DB: Tyson Campbell: Cane lean

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
But the fact remains he made an NFL roster and has been on one for a couple of years, that alone says the guy has something the NFL deems worthy of a roster spot and being paid

Not imo - it just shows Cincy wasn't too bright signing him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A look at recruits in the Under Armour Game:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature...-all-american-targets-for-the-florida-gators/

Now that the holidays have past, college football fans around the country will turn their attention to bowl games and high school all star games.

The Florida Gators in particular will have five commits and several other big targets playing in the Under Armour All-American game in Orlando, Florida on January 4th.

Prospects arrive in Orlando on Saturday to prepare for the game with practices beginning on Sunday for the players.

GatorCountry.com will be live in Orlando to bring you updates starting on Saturday but here we preview who to look for in the game.

Team Highlight

Team Highlight will feature two commits who have signed on its team when quarterback Emory Jones and defensive back Trey Dean strap it up in Orlando.

Jones and Dean will have several key targets to recruit for the Gators while in Orlando as they will be teamed up with four targets of the new coaching staff.

Receiver Jacob Copeland will be catching passes from Jones as the once Gators commit is still very high on Florida with Alabama and Tennessee hot on the trail for the receiver.

Receiver Ja’Marr Chase is another receiver in this game but isn’t expected to play due to an injury suffered this year. Chase hasn’t received a lot of attention from Dan Mullen and his staff yet but that could change soon.

Another guy that will be catching passes from Jones next week is receiver Tommy Bush who just received an offer from Florida before Christmas. Bush has said he may visit Florida in January as Georgia looks to be the team to beat right now.

Kentucky linebacker commit Xavier Peters will also play on team highlight as he’s someone that is expected to visit in January as well. Peters has some academic hurdles to meet but if everything checks out than the Gators are a team to watch for.

Team Spotlight

Team Spotlight will feature three Florida commits on its team and they will also have several targets to recruit for the Gators during the week.

Offensive line commit Richard Gouraige and tight end signee Kyle Pitts will be on the offensive side of the ball. Kicker signee Evan McPherson will handle the kicking duties for Team Spotlight.

Gouraige will have two targets working in his position group during the weekend including a good friend of his in offensive lineman Nick Petit-Frere. Petit-Frere looks to be favoring Ohio State and Alabama at this time as the Gators try to get a visit in January from the lineman.

Florida State offensive line commit Christian Meadows will line up besides Gouraige as well. Meadows took an unofficial visit to Florida in December and plans to return in January. Meadows is looking hard at Florida and Miami as they try to flip him from FSU.

Receiver Anthony Schwartz is planning to announce his decision at the game and Auburn looks to be the favorite to land the speedster.

Auburn defensive line commit Coynis Miller will be in the game and is expected to visit Florida, Alabama and others in January. Miller is close to running backs coach JaJuan Seider and that is a big reason for the visit.

One of the Gators top linebacker targets will be in the game in Alabama linebacker commit Quay Walker who has talked about visiting Florida in January. Walker is also looking at Auburn and Tennessee.

Another interesting linebacker target in the game that Florida may try to get in with is linebacker Nik Bonitto who defensive coordinator Todd Grantham visited with in December.

Stay tuned to GatorCountry.com for updates on the Under Armour game starting on Saturday.

I like the focus on the linebackers. Thanks for sharing.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The current recruiting board (from the guy at gatorcountry's recruiting board, he does very good work):

Who is on the Board? These are the ones I am aware of. I am sure I have forgotten some and more names could get added in the next few weeks. Perhaps the mods will sticky until NSD.

QB: None I am aware of

RB: None I am aware of

TE: Glenn Beal, LSU lean

OL: Richard Gouraige commit to UF

OL: William Barnes

OL: Ed Montilus

OL: Nick Petit Frere, UF/ND/Bama

OL: Christian Meadows, commit to FSU, will visit UF

WR: Jamarr Chase, LSU lean and former UF commit

WR: Jacob Copeland, Bama/UF/Vols

WR: Corey Gammage, UF commit

WR: Anthony Scwartz, Auburn lean and will announce at UAAAG

WR: Tommy Bush, UGA lean

WR: Marquez Ezzard, FSU lean, May visit UF

F7: Noah Jefferson, UF lean

F7: Dorian Gerald, Vols lean IMO

F7: Coynis Miller, Auburn commit, will visit UF

F7: Andrew Chatfield, Cane lean, will visit UF

F7: Nik Bonnito, Texas lean, may visit UF

F7: Xavier Peterson, UK commit, will visit UF

F7: Quay Walker, Bama commit, may visit UF

F7: Chauncey Manac: Cincinatti commit

F7: Nesta Silvera, Cane lean, may visit UF

DB: Mario Goodrich, LSU lean, may visit UF

DB: Patrick Surtain Jr. LSU lean

DB: Tyson Campbell: Cane lean

I’m assuming that F7 means “front seven”?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I’m assuming that F7 means “front seven”?

Yep, defensive side of the ball. I'd like to see more names on the list. Some Plan B's need to show up. I can't imagine whiffing on DT this year, like Butters class two years ago.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Since we are likely to see more 4-3 than 3-4 this year the term F7 is a good one.
Also. We could actually use the recruiting forum and perhaps it would cut down on the extraneous conversations.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Since we are likely to see more 4-3 than 3-4 this year the term F7 is a good one.
Also. We could actually use the recruiting forum and perhaps it would cut down on the extraneous conversations.

Why would we see more 4-3 under Grantham? You think he will do that to hide our weakness at LB?

I think we see more 3-4, that’s his MO

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why would we see more 4-3 under Grantham? You think he will do that to hide our weakness at LB?

I think we see more 3-4, that’s his MO

Not sure which one of you guys is right, but if it's "more" 4-3 I'd imagine it's because we don't have the personnel to run a proper 3-4. We need bigger DE's to run a proper 3-4 and we need more LB's of any damn size!

It may be another year or two before we see the 3-4 fully implemented. If we can get another transfer DT and/or a JUCO we could run it, but without much depth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.