The National Signing Day Thread

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
My amber girl! She is a rescue from Husky haven in Houston. I love her so much.

The first 6 months i had her she would cower down on the floor if I got close to her, she had been abused. I took it slow and steady and she does hops when I get home from work nowadays, it is so rewarding!!!!
Can the both of you take Butters QB to the PM?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is a big thread a lot of people are keeping an eye on. Let’s keep it on topic.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(from the guy from the gatorcountry recruiting board):

New and Notes

Jacob Copeland: Sent out a funny tweet to fsu fans. It said “Don't no more FSU fans ask me about FSU...they haven't contacted me since that staff has gotten together. I'm in FSU back yard still no contact. That's why I haven't cared twice about them.”

Greg Knox: rumored to be coming to UF after MSU plays their bowl game. I got more confirmation after I began putting this together-straight from a member of the team.

Xavier Peters: Keep an eye on this one. The 4* linebacker is a stud and current UK commit. He did not sign early and was visited by the staff just prior to early signing. I believe he will OV to Gainesville. Peters would be a great fit in a 3-4 at 230 lbs.

Andrew Chatfield: Coaches went in home back on Dec. 8th. Chatfield is torn between the Canes and UF but the American Heritage guys have apparently all agreed to sign the same day even if not to the same school. The threesome of Campbell, Silvera and Chatfield will visit the Canes soon. If I had to predict today it would be the Canes for Chatfield.

Adarius Lemons on twitter: Every since Mullen came to Florida, Florida starting to look like a power house

These Gators will play in the UAAAG

QB - Emory Jones

TE - Kyle Pitts

DB - Trey Dean

OL - Richard Gouraige

K - Evan McPherson

Bobby Wolfe: UF offers the Texas 2019 CB; Wolfe is only a 3* but already has an impressive offer list. LSU the current leader but that was prior to a UF offer. One to watch and I bet he will get that 4th star eventually.

Trevon Grimes: the latest Gator will pursue a hardship waiver to be eligible immediately. I’m told the staff expects him to get one.

Mario Goodrich: The 4* athlete could play WR or Corner. The LSU lean was a Nebraska commit at one time. UF is trying to get him in for a visit. 6’2 180 and #4 ranked Athlete. I believe the staff will try to sell him on being the elite corner for UF.

Jeremiah Peyton: The 2019 4* WR from Neptune Beach #4 NR WR, He either has or will be offered by the new staff. 247 has him CB’d to UF 100%.

FSU: People have asked what happened to the noles with early signing day. According to many recruits Fisher and staff quit contacting recruits. Once Fisher left for A&M and Taggert came on board a lot of damage had already been done. In addition, there was no guarantee of which coaches would be retained from Fishers staff that recruits were familiar with. Add it all up and you get a below normal fsu class. That said, I think they will do OK this year but there just aren’t enough highly ranked guys for them to rise into the elite area this year.

FSU part 2: S&C coach will be leaving, but to where is not clear. He has put his home up for sale.

Christian Meadows: There does seem to be legitimate interest from the big O-lineman. Meadows visited on Dec. 9th on an unofficial and will apparently return in January for an OV. It presents an Interesting conundrum for UF O-line class if he wants in. I think @Notoriousgator has some inside on this that I do not. Hopefully he will chime in.

Here’s the Conundrum: How many do you take? UF has two signed, one committed and three highly ranked guys that it is not a stretch to call leans. Add Meadows to the mix and that is seven guys. Now some would say you could drop Montilus but he and Barnes seem to be a package deal. You don’t say no to NPF who is the top ranked OT. Good problem to have and we shall keep an eye on developments.

Speaking of Barnes: The big guy has announced two OV’s for January. UF was not one of them. Most people are not reading too much into that at this point. Barnes has always maintained a NSD announcement and could just be having fun with the process. Still it has to be troubling to the staff. Barnes has been to UF so many times he may not feel he needs an OV.

LSU: The Tigers hit as expected with 5* WR Terrace Marshall and are now the favorite for Chase. That is a good WR haul right there, however they lost out to Kansas (I know) for RB Pooka Williams. The kitties still seem to think they get the above mentioned Goodrich and Surtain Jr. and 4* safety Kelvin Joseph and they might. Joseph was offered early by the previous staff but nothing ever happened. He committed to lsu an then de-committed. I watched his film (it’s good) and could see him at corner. If lsu gets that class the DBU debate will continue on for some time.

Surtain Jr: listed at 95% to lsu by 247.

Canes: signed a good class but are looking at potentially only getting Silvera in at DT. Fans are crying about DL coach lack of recruiting and I had a flashback. Canes are hoping for an American Heritage package deal. We shall see, and one last thing on the Canes, looks like they may take former UF commit Nigel Bethel. They are waiting to see if they get Campbell (probably) and Surtain Jr. (probably not). They did get burned by Josh Jobe who flipped to Bama on ESD.

Dennis Briggs: The 255 pound 4* out of Kissimmee is listed as a DT. Regardless he has announced a final four of fsu, canes, cock and cardinals. 247 have the Canes as the favorite. UF was never in on Briggs for whatever reason.

Adventures in Aggie Land: With DC John Chavis bolting or being pushed out, who know for sure? The rumors are that it will be Mike Elco. Elco is the current DC at ND and has only been there for this year. Prior to that, he was at Wake and thus the ACC connection with Jimmy. It makes some sense as Kelly has a reputation of being hard to work for. The other possibilities are Schiano and cough cough Bud Foster.

What Next for UF: UF should announce a coach or two in the next week. Watch who schedules visits and where they schedule them.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Not feeling it for Barnes and his shadow so taking meadows is the play here.
I like our chances with anybody that hasn’t signed with Miami.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not feeling it for Barnes and his shadow so taking meadows is the play here.
I like our chances with anybody that hasn’t signed with Miami.
I like avoiding recruits from Miami or anyone attracted to that lifestyle.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Gators offer 2019 4 Star qb, younger brother of Bama freshman qb Tua. Bama with 100% crystal balls but it’d be weird to follow your bother and be his back up, no? No idea if this kid is down to forge his own path, but keep an eye on it nonetheless

Edit: Gaters? He ain’t coming here :facepalm:

Edit two: Chop chop???? Good lord I don’t even want him now

GatorWarfare

Nov 11, 2017
Gators offer 2019 4 Star qb, younger brother of Bama freshman qb Tua. Bama with 100% crystal balls but it’d be weird to follow your bother and be his back up, no? No idea if this kid is down to forge his own path, but keep an eye on it nonetheless

Gaters...ugh. Lol he is from Hawaii though which is basically a world away so maybe he has never heard of us

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gaters...ugh. Lol he is from Hawaii though which is basically a world away so maybe he has never heard of us

Regardless, Gainesville is a lot closer to a surfable surface than Tuscaloosa. Jax Beach, a nice weekend on the Atlantic.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Edit two: Chop chop???? Good lord I don’t even want him now

He's 5'11 202lbs? Treon?

I can't imagine this kid coming to UF, but looks like he has the size to be a very good Safety!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.