The National Signing Day Thread

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe better to say the recruiting rankings are generally accurate but are not necessarily predictive of success for a particular individual. There are 5* busts and 3* gems, but on balance a higher % of 5* and 4* players will succeed.

I do think it’s correct to say 3* athletes are generally P5 caliber.

By the way, UCF’s highest class rank the last 4 years was 55th last year. They signed 3 4* guys over those 4 years. I’m not suggesting that means “stars don’t matter” but it does mean they have done an awful lot with what they do have.
They also played against lower ranked talent. They had the 77th SOS I believe. They also had some great coaching and a good scheme.

AU should have trounced them, but they were still celebrating the iron bowl.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Hopefully this is the first of many leading to a commitment...

upload_2018-1-8_16-4-54.png

Knowles is trash with predictions so hopefully some others start popping up.

Last edited:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully this is the first of many leading to a commitment...

Knowles is trash as predictions so hopefully some others start popping up.

Who said what to who?

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
(from the guy on gatorcountry's recruiting board, candy - does a great job):

This and That

Thanks for all the activity on the board. This is going to be a good class IMO. Thanks for posting and the heads up.

UAAAG: No commits but a lot of good work done by our guys. Jones will be a leader.

OL Concerns: There legit, but I do feel confident UF will come out ok.

SOW: They had a major De-commitment in CB Kenyatta Watson. A 4 * corner that has had contact with UF. Watson is quoted as wanting to evaluate the academics of the various schools recruiting him. He has visits scheduled to UT and Notre Dame. UF may get in the mix but right now I would guess one of those two will get him. SOW still has a strong DB class.

SOW 2: Poor Willie, part of what made Taggert appealing was the potential staff he would bring. Thus far he seems to be having some trouble in that department.

SOW 3: S&C coach Irele Oderinde will join the SOW staff as expected. If he didn’t join the sow, Cristobol would not have retained him. Oderinde was suspended last year one month without pay after 3 Oregon players were hospitalized. It seems there is a strong difference of opinion on S&C between Cristobol and poor Willie.

LSU: Filled one of 4 slots picking up 4* safety Kelvin Joseph as I predicted last week.

LSU 2: Some crazy stuff started going on between TA&M and the Tigers. The aggies offered LSU DC Dave Aranda. LSU countered with a 10 Million (no it’s not a typo) 4 year deal. I asked my lsu contact how they could justify such a thing. Now we all know that Louisiana the state has budget problems but my guy knows one of the big wigs with the TAF and says that even though they are paying Miles a lot of money and now Canada a lot of parting money they have no money shortage when it comes to LSU athletics. He also told me that he has heard they are prepared to pay big bucks for the next OC.

TA&M: Jimmy lost a 4* linebacker who flipped to the Sooners. DaShaun White will join the Sooners. I guess after watching the Dawgs run all over the Sooner defense he saw playing time galore. Lincoln Riley has done a great job at OU. I was one, who felt Stoops retiring would be more negative but it seems that is not the case.

TA&M 2: The Aggies did hire DC Mike Elko away from ND as I predicted last week. I’m unsure why, if Jimmie had Elko lined up he offered Aranda. Perhaps the two are friends and Jimmie sure knows how to use other schools to get a raise. Regardless it will cost lsu big bucks.

T&M 3: Jimmie is starting to get it that he is not at sow anymore. All the Texas schools, lsu, Oklahoma and to a lesser extent the other sec schools are after the same guys. Now he will do ok, but I don't think Jimmie will have the highly ranked classes like he did at sow.

Jaylen Hall: I only mention him as he was linked with Matt Corral at one point that seems decades ago now. Hall is all but committed to the Ducks. Oregon fans are getting less and less upset that poor Willie spurned them for the sow.

Chauncy Manac: The Gators offered on Dec. 3rd, he committed to Cincinatti on Dec. 5th, De –Committed January 7th. Manac is a big talent but I’ve heard whispers of qualifying issues. Now those could be nothing or legit concerns.

Justin Watkins: pencil him in.

Candys Projected WR class: Jefferson, Grimes, Copeland, Watkins, +1 of several top guys. So you may ask what about Corey Gammage. The honest answer is I don’t know but I place him at 50/50 at best. He did visit Iowa State but the only chatter I’m detecting is from scum.

scUM: After a strong early signing class, it seems as if CMR may take some guys he was not planning on. Nigel Bethel is being slow played. Gammage has been offered but it depends on what others do or don’t. I do believe they get Silvera. Campbell is iffy and Surtain is a loooong shot. Chatman is a question mark on what he will do. In other words, not a lot of certainty in finishing out their class.

Noah Jefferson: He visits the 19th and I expect him to commit after the visit.

Xavier Peters: Visits the same week. I was told it is thought he will qualify or he would not be allowed to visit. If it gets cancelled, then you know where the problem is.

Quay Walker: is scheduled on the 12th. I don’t expect a public commit. I do think when he leaves the staff will know what his intentions are.

CB: Goodrich and Griffin are scheduled the same week. I can tell you lsu feels confident in Goodrich. Regardless, if they both make their visits, UF will IMO sell them on playing together. If only one makes it in, you sell them on being the jewel of an already very good DB class. After watching Trey Dean, I’m not worried about corner this class.

Walk Ons: I know for a fact that at least a few kids have been approached as preferred walk on status. I can’t say more than that right now.

2nd QB: Unless something changes, I do not see a second QB in this class.

Parting thoughts: With an exception or two, everyone left on the board is a high 3 * or better. Lieutenant Dan is going after the top guys and I respect that.

Loosing Hughes: With coaching changes you sometimes lose some good people. The Vols are doing some nice things in Knoxville and Hughes will be an asset for the program. The East is going to be a lot tougher to win going forward. IMO Pruitt has done a very good job in righting the shipwreck up there.

BMF...thanks for all the info you bring to the board everyday it seems!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
BMF...thanks for all the info you bring to the board everyday it seems!

I just read and if I see something interesting I try to post it up here. This is a great - ALL opinions are heard - message board. Glad you found it....and keep posting!!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting: Gators welcome 8 mid-year enrollees to campus

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-mid-year-enrollees

Gators welcome mid-year enrollees
The Florida football team will receive some new additions this week.

Eight signees are scheduled to enroll Monday and begin classes at UF. The Gators welcome quarterback Emory Jones, running backs Dameon Pierce and Iverson Clement, offensive linemen Noah Banks (JUCO) and Chris Bleich, linebacker/safety Amari Burney and defensive backs Trey Dean and Randy Russell.

All eyes will be on Jones in spring practice as he competes with quarterbacks Feleipe Franks, Kyle Trask and Jake Allen. However, the top-50 overall recruit is not the only incoming player who addresses a position of need for Florida coach Dan Mullen.

Pierce and Clement are both talented ball carriers with skill sets that differ from Florida’s current backs. Banks and Bleich will help the numbers along the offensive line, while Burney, Dean and Russell give the Gators some much-needed depth on defense.

“Just the general philosophy of enrolling early I think gives you a jump-start in your college career,” Mullen said after the early signing period. “They also get to go through an offseason conditioning program and to get to go through spring ball. I do think it helps them with the foundation of building for their future, and certainly with the opportunity to get on the field early in their career.”

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I like that they are at least offering these guys late. Maybe 1-2 will flip.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Quay walker was suppose to visit florida this weekend but has now decided to visit tennessee instead.

Hes going to visit UF february 2nd now. Huge weekend for the good guys

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Lee Begley, Florida’s new director of recruiting operations, shared a photo of the Gators’ first team meal of the new semester:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, UCF’s highest class rank the last 4 years was 55th last year. They signed 3 4* guys over those 4 years. I’m not suggesting that means “stars don’t matter” but it does mean they have done an awful lot with what they do have.
You ILUVBUTTERS BCSTARSDONTMATTER people are relentless. Yeah UCF was 13-0 despite having no talent, bc they played 12 teams who have even less.

I do think it’s correct to say 3* athletes are generallyP5 caliber.
The definition is basically that they are P5 depth.

There is a reason we dont have any kids who make ALLSEC (except kickers). Many of kids just arent SEC caliber players. They start, but being better than the other players we stole from FAU isnt saying anything.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's a crystal ball, Corry Knowles is a "recruiting insider" and is saying he believes that Quay Walker (4* LB '18) will end up at UF.
Thats Silkk. Nice guy, seems connected to a lot of alum but he is a huuuuuuge homer.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Holy **** how is this still an argument? Stars absolutely matter. It cant be argued. Its a fact with data to prove it. Anomalies happen, like this year

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Lee Begley, Florida’s new director of recruiting operations, shared a photo of the Gators’ first team meal of the new semester:

I love that they get three simple choices of Lean/Gain/Maintain. Wish my life was so laid out for me.

GatorWarfare

Nov 11, 2017
That's big for Quay Walker to swing by Gainesville and then flip his official to the last weekend before signing day.

I'm starting to think it's the following:
1. WR Jacob Copeland
2. WR Justin Watkins
3. OL Richard Gouraige
4. OL NPF, Will Barnes, Ed Montilus, or Christian Meadows
5. DT Noah Jefferson (JUCO)
6. DT Malcolm Lamar, Coynis Miller, or Nesta Silvera
7. DE Dorian Gerald (JUCO)
8. DE Andrew Chatfield, Chauncey Manac (JUCO), Jamarcus Chatman, Caleb Tannor, or Malik Langham
9. LB Quay Walker or Xavier Peters
10. DB Olaijah Griffin or Mario Goodrich

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.