The National Signing Day Thread

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Average 10 wins a year? Yeah i would take that. I love Spurrier as much or more than the next guy but he was a lucky break in 96 from being our "Richt" and never winning a NC.
How many SEC Championships did Richt win?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How many SEC Championships did Richt win?
I'm not really trying to say Richt is as good as Spurrier but he had a 10 win average at uga i believe just like SOS had here. We got the championships and he didn't. But to say being a Richt is bad for Mullen? Averaging 10 wins a year would be great and we'd be in the fight for the SEC almost every year. The hope being that 10 being average is that you're going to have some years with a few more wins and making a playoff.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm not really trying to say Richt is as good as Spurrier but he had a 10 win average at uga i believe just like SOS had here. We got the championships and he didn't. But to say being a Richt is bad for Mullen? Averaging 10 wins a year would be great and we'd be in the fight for the SEC almost every year. The hope being that 10 being average is that you're going to have some years with a few more wins and making a playoff.

The "10" win average is a lot different than the Spurrier era. And to be clear, Richt averaged 9.3 wins (closer to 9, than 10). When Spurrier got to UF the season was 11 games...w/ no SEC championship game. Then in 92 we got the SEC championship game, along w/ the - still - 11 game season. When Richt got hired the 12th game was an experiment, then was added as a permanent fixture. The 12th game for most schools was used to add a gimme home game to help pay for woman's sports (which is why we play UAB, Presbyterian, etc). So the 12th game was basically a free win. Not discounting Richt's record completely, but winning 9 games/year in the 90's is = to 10 wins in the 2000's. Now there's the playoff to add wins (for example, UGA won 13 games for the first time in program history this year....but played 15).

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let me clarify, me calling Mullen Richt is not a bad thing. I think he has a high floor and will make us respectable. But until he wins something as a HC, i’m Not going to think he will.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Richt lost to UF. That's why he rarely played in the SECCG. If Mullens is our Richt, then we'll rarely play in the SECCG because we'll lose to UGa. A 10 win season would be unbearable. I'd rather have an 8 - 9 win season and beat the leghumpers...at least then we have a chance to be in the SECCG.
Just beat the leghumpers.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Richt lost to UF. That's why he rarely played in the SECCG. If Mullens is our Richt, then we'll rarely play in the SECCG because we'll lose to UGa. A 10 win season would be unbearable. I'd rather have an 8 - 9 win season and beat the leghumpers...at least then we have a chance to be in the SECCG.
Just beat the leghumpers.
That's a good theory and all but winning 8-9 games a year including uga means nothing if uga or any team in the east wins more. Lose to a Tenn and a west opponent (like we almost always do) and you don't control your destiny. You think bama really gives a **** about losing to auburn now? It may motivate them more for that single game next year but that loss meant nothing now

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let me clarify, me calling Mullen Richt is not a bad thing. I think he has a high floor and will make us respectable. But until he wins something as a HC, i’m Not going to think he will.
You can't win the big one until you do... like sully in baseball you want to keep putting yourself in position... enough bites at the apple and you might eventually win some and that's what we hope Mullen can do... if not then you go get the next guy

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Average 10 wins a year? Yeah i would take that. I love Spurrier as much or more than the next guy but he was a lucky break in 96 from being our "Richt" and never winning a NC.
LOL. Yeah I remember when Richt dominated the SEC for a decade..... seems like just yesterday.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
College kids dont even remember Creyer. They were in 2nd grade then.

I think they remember it better than you think because of Tebow. Tebow was such a dynamic presence and public figure that they remember Tebow and the titles. That isn't going to last much longer.

I get that you want an offense that gives 300+ passing yards a game. I personally just want an offense that scores points. A balanced offense is the hardest to stop, and I would love to see 150+ rushing and 250+ passing be the average. That is a nice 400 yard average that would most likely be a very very effective offense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The "10" win average is a lot different than the Spurrier era.
Yeah, so funny when people start spouting "TEN WINS". Ten wins was a big deal when you were 10-2. It doesnt mean squat at 10-4.

Last edited:

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Me thinks Mullinz blew this one.

WiFi sucks in the Odome.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I Iet that you want an offense that gives 300+ passing yards a game.
Actually I want 400-600, but 350 would be ok, I guess.

A balanced offense is the hardest to stop
No its not, not against unbalanced defenses which are staffed and designed to stop the run. Plus the simple fact is it is alot hard to cover the width and depthof the field than it is to cover the 8-10 yards between the tackles.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I seen that NPF got crystal balled to us today. That's 3 this month.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Miami thinks we get Chatfield too. Could be an insane close to a transition class
I seen that NPF got crystal balled to us today. That's 3 this month.

Boykin - check

Chatfield - check

NPF - check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check......................

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator