The National Signing Day Thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
there's a zero percent chance he's messing around. he's been saying the same thing since 05.
Im absolutely not kidding.

577431b274ea8.image.jpg

Gator football is about playing pitch and catch. 350 yards is a mehhhh day. 200-230 yards is a Notre Dame kinda day.

The SEC is full of teams designed to stop the run that are mediocre to pathetic at stopiing the pass. So, again, we are going to try to run run run into the teeth of the defenses.

I know you are a young boy and your pants being so tight probably affects your thought processes, but here is what Gator football looks like:

Last edited:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

577431b274ea8.image.jpg

Gator football is about playing pitch and catch. 350 yards is a mehhhh day. 200-230 yards is a Notre Dame kinda day.

The SEC is full of teams designed to stop the run that are mediocre to pathetic at stopiing the pass. So, again, we are going to try to run run run into the teeth of the defenses.

I know you are a young boy and your pamts being so tight probably affects your thought processes, but here is what Gator football looks like:

If i could take 90-2001 spurrier back but bargain is Mullens entire family is wiped out? Id take prime spurrier back in a heart beat. Bye bye Mullens.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

577431b274ea8.image.jpg

I know you are a young boy and your pamts being so tight probably affects your thought processes, but here is what Gator football looks like:

That Gator brand died a long time ago. No college age kids remember it. UFs brand is Meyer/Mullens with Tebow/Harvin (which is why we haven't been able to get a "real" QB. Hopefully, Mullen can get us competitive (while boring the **** out of the fan base) and in 5-6 years we can find a new version of "Spurrier".

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we get this kid:

So he is a legacy to Bama, but Bama hasn’t made him feel like it. Playing percentages, you say if Bama offers, he commits. But, people are also finicky. He may be taking a different mindset and saying I’m not a Plan B and i’m going somewhere else to prove it. It happens. Bama slow playing has gotten him motivated to at least look at other schools, so anything is possible. Just matters if he feels slighted, and you know the other schools are going to make him feel like he is slighted.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That Gator brand died a long time ago. No college age kids remember it. UFs brand is Meyer/Mullens with Tebow/Harvin (which is why we haven't been able to get a "real" QB. Hopefully, Mullen can get us competitive (while boring the **** out of the fan base) and in 5-6 years we can find a new version of "Spurrier".
That’s been my feelings on Mullen. He’ll be our Richt. Hope he’s more, but that’s my thought.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

You do realize that Danny graduated two decades ago and Spurrier hasn't coached here since 2001, don't you? Perhaps it's the drinking, or perhaps it is the senility of your age, but that is what Gator football LOOKED LIKE ... past tense, and only under that ONE coach. I think that nearly all of us (save Meyer's fanboy, Ox) would say that was the BEST that Gator football looked, but it is not the total of what Gator football looks like. Do we have any other coach that created passing games of the 350+/game you yearn for? Has any school outside the defense hating Big12?

I get the desire to return to the Glory Days (or for Jerry Jones, the "Glory Hole Days"). But to state that is what Gator football looks like is a mypoic and selective view. Reality is Gator football is what it is...Pell, Zook, Meyer, and unfortunately even Muschamp and MacNuss - all in addition to SOS. We had a great run under Spurrier, but it isn't our entire history....only the best part of our history.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You do realize that Danny graduated two decades ago and Spurrier hasn't coached here since 2001, don't you? .
Yeah I remember what winning and domination looked like and what the rest of the 5 loss shyt has looked like. I will take the former.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

577431b274ea8.image.jpg

Went to maybe 90% of every home game from 1990 to 2009. Every georgia game but 4 during that time. I went to the 96 national title and 96 SEC title. Went to the 2000 SEC title game. I saw Spurrier, Meyer, and Zook. Sat in the swamp as maybe 1000 people were left during a beat down to LSU under Zook. Was there for the erruption against FSU in 97. Im not too young for ****. I bet im in the top 5% here for the amount of games theyve been to. Ive seen it all. I dont care if its Spurriers style or Meyers/Mullens. They were both fun and we won a ton. Thats all I want

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(from seccountry):

Florida DC visits top targets
Florida defensive coordinator Todd Grantham was a busy man Tuesday, visiting recruits in four different states.

Grantham met with defensive linemen Caleb Johnson (Columbus, Ga.), Malcolm Lamar (Tampa, Fla.), Malik Langham (Huntsville, Ala.) and Fabien Lovett (Olive Branch, Miss.).

Grantham and defensive line coach Sal Sunseri secured an official visit from Lamar and will host him this weekend, according to 247Sports’ Blake Alderman.

Johnson visited last weekend and the Gators are now considered the team to beat in his recruitment. Langham is taking his trip to Florida this weekend and Lovett will visit on Feb. 2.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You do realize that Danny graduated two decades ago and Spurrier hasn't coached here since 2001, don't you? Perhaps it's the drinking, or perhaps it is the senility of your age, but that is what Gator football LOOKED LIKE ... past tense, and only under that ONE coach. I think that nearly all of us (save Meyer's fanboy, Ox) would say that was the BEST that Gator football looked, but it is not the total of what Gator football looks like. Do we have any other coach that created passing games of the 350+/game you yearn for? Has any school outside the defense hating Big12?

I get the desire to return to the Glory Days (or for Jerry Jones, the "Glory Hole Days"). But to state that is what Gator football looks like is a mypoic and selective view. Reality is Gator football is what it is...Pell, Zook, Meyer, and unfortunately even Muschamp and MacNuss - all in addition to SOS. We had a great run under Spurrier, but it isn't our entire history....only the best part of our history.
UF has at least in recent years been innovative on offense. Muschamp and McElwain failed on that. SOS was innovative, Meyer was innovative, even Graves was innovative. If Mullen can be innovative and tweak his offense enough, then we’ll have a shot.

The other thing UF has, but never got a lot of outside credit for is great defense. SOS’s best teams had great defenses, Meyer too. I’d prefer we started with a solid offense but really ramped up the defense. Give EJ and others some time to develop over the first year or two before really opening things up.

Two problems: our defense needs a lot of help and can Mullen build a high power offense? So my expectations are progress on both sides, and a few years before we can truly be a year in year out contender

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@onlygators: I’ve also heard Florida #Gators assistant Ja’Juan Seider is leaving the program. @FootballScoop reports the destination will be Penn State. Seider was a top-notch recruiter and the lone staff holdover. Moved from RBs to TEs. Big loss for UF.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
@onlygators: I’ve also heard Florida #Gators assistant Ja’Juan Seider is leaving the program. @FootballScoop reports the destination will be Penn State. Seider was a top-notch recruiter and the lone staff holdover. Moved from RBs to TEs. Big loss for UF.

Not the NFL? Weird. I would love to hear the story on that one.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That’s been my feelings on Mullen. He’ll be our Richt. Hope he’s more, but that’s my thought.
Average 10 wins a year? Yeah i would take that. I love Spurrier as much or more than the next guy but he was a lucky break in 96 from being our "Richt" and never winning a NC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator