The National Signing Day Thread

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So I guess we never found out what the "imminent good news" that Fields was referring to? Probably just screwing with us. Assuming one of these QB's commit, they are eligible to sign in December right? Can only an early enrollee sign in December?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So I guess we never found out what the "imminent good news" that Fields was referring to? Probably just screwing with us. Assuming one of these QB's commit, they are eligible to sign in December right? Can only an early enrollee sign in December?

The FNL experience doesn't end for a lot of the recruits until Sunday evening.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Zach's article with a little clarification around Fields "last visit" statement...

Florida recruiting: 5-star QB Justin Fields shows off his skills at Friday Night Lights

Class of 2018 quarterback Justin Fields goes through throwing drills during Florida's Friday Night Lights.
Jordan McPherson/SEC

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Justin Fields knew he didn’t have to go through drills to make an impact at Florida’s Friday Night Lights recruiting showcase.

His main goal for coming to Gainesville, he said, was simply to hang out and get one last visit in before his senior year at Harrison High in Kennesaw, Ga.

But that didn’t stop the 5-star dual-threat quarterback and No. 1 overall prospect in the Class of 2018 from putting on a show — just like he has throughout his entire recruiting process.

“I just like playing football,” Fields told SEC Country. “I just like being out here and throwing to different guys and meeting different guys.”

Fields went through every drill with fellow quarterbacks in Jim McElwain’s Next Level QB Camp and spent time learning from offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier. Fields said he liked that Nussmeier runs an up-tempo practice and takes a hands-on approach with the quarterbacks.

“He’s very insightful,” Fields said of Nussmeier. “We played around in the pocket-moving drills. He tried to knock the ball out, but we were just having fun going through drills.”

The Gators are hoping to sway Fields to come to Florida and lock up one of the top recruits since potentially Tim Tebow. The Elite 11 MVP has visited five schools since de-committing from Penn State: Florida, Florida State, Auburn, Georgia and Alabama.

Field said he would like to make a decision as soon as possible, but may need to take some official visits before he’s ready.

“I kind of want to commit because I want to recruit other guys, but right now I don’t know,” Fields said. “This will be my last visit for the summer and then I’ll probably go to some games"

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Also early enrolles don't sign NLIs.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here is a list of Steve Wiltfong's predictions, they are in order, with the most recent on top:

Matt Corral UF
Nicholas Petit-Frere UF
Justin Fields Foggy
Tyreke Johnson UGA
Kyle Pitts UF
Dante Stills UF
Micah Parsons OSU
Malcolm Lamar UF
Jacob Copeland UF
Amari Burney UF
William Barnes UF
Richard Gouraige UF
Curtis Dunlap UF
Channing Tindall USCe

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here is a list of Steve Wiltfong's predictions, they are in order, with the most recent on top:

Matt Corral UF
Nicholas Petit-Frere UF
Justin Fields Foggy
Tyreke Johnson UGA
Kyle Pitts UF
Dante Stills UF
Micah Parsons OSU
Malcolm Lamar UF
Jacob Copeland UF
Amari Burney UF
William Barnes UF
Richard Gouraige UF
Curtis Dunlap UF
Channing Tindall USCe

Parsons would be a great get for us. As would Stills. If we could bring those two guys in, that would shore up our defensive line class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.