The National Signing Day Thread

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
@ZachAbolverdi: BREAKING: New Florida coach Dan Mullen visiting 5-star QB Justin Fields on Tuesday http://sec.news/2zAmzSn

I hope DM has already had a long conversation with Corral to get everyone on the same page. I seem to recall Corral and Fields had previously made comments during the summer football camps that they wouldn’t mind signing with the same team, so maybe it’s not a big deal(?).

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope DM has already had a long conversation with Corral to get everyone on the same page. I seem to recall Corral and Fields had previously made comments during the summer football camps that they wouldn’t mind signing with the same team, so maybe it’s not a big deal(?).
Like I said in the chat. If Corral can visit Bama, UF can visit Fields.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Like I said in the chat. If Corral can visit Bama, UF can visit Fields.

I totally agree, but 18 year old kids sometimes don’t see it that way. Hopefully, Corral understands. I can’t say how well he’d fit DM’s offense, but he’s been such a great Gator commit to this point that I’d hate to lose him.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So im going to ask this again because I asked before and was told yes, but it still doesn't make much sense to me. Is he coaching miss state in the bowl game or is he officially a UF employee now and done with state completely? And if the answer is in fact yes, he's coaching them, then I have some follow ups:

1) how is that not viewed as a conflict of interest?
2) why would he or UF be alright with that considering the amount of time bowl game prep would take away from the monumental task in front of him of salvaging this class and getting a staff together to try and get the best class possible.

I think everyone inside and out of the program knows full-well he's gonna need every single second leading up to signing day.

Anybody?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So im going to ask this again because I asked before and was told yes, but it still doesn't make much sense to me. Is he coaching miss state in the bowl game or is he officially a UF employee now and done with state completely? And if the answer is in fact yes, he's coaching them, then I have some follow ups:

1) how is that not viewed as a conflict of interest?
2) why would he or UF be alright with that considering the amount of time bowl game prep would take away from the monumental task in front of him of salvaging this class and getting a staff together to try and get the best class possible.

I think everyone inside and out of the program knows full-well he's gonna need every single second leading up to signing day.

Anybody?

I would think he is here. Not Mississippi State anymore. He’s been removed from their website and they are actively looking for a new coach.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Maybe Corral is ahead of the curve, planning to move to TE? :grin:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I would think he is here. Not Mississippi State anymore. He’s been removed from their website and they are actively looking for a new coach.
I hope so, ppl in the box during the presser yesterday said he was going to coach state in their bowl and i was like wtf?!?!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is here. Already hired two staff members and cut some of the staff.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I really hope this does not scare Corral away, and then we wind up without either one.

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
With all of the "news" about Mullen contacting recruits, not one word about him talking to Corral. May have happened without the requisite follow Twitter-post, but I have not seen anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.