The Todd Grantham Award

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
This is the best Grantham defense. Better than I ever IMAGINED on his best night today. I expected sacks but I expected them to run all day on us.
Stopping the run as effectively as we did was the most impressive thing he did. He basically taunted Nix into trying to win the game. Couldn’t believe we stopped Malzahn’s offense like that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How many gd times did they bail us out tonight due to the offense’s turnovers?

What an excellent game he called and a lot of praise goes to our oline for keeping a (somewhat) clean pocket for Trask. Damn kid has gotta figure out how to get rid of the ball and not fumble it.

Without the turnovers, that’s an easy victory for us....4 or 5 tds.

And that’s the rub on Trask. We’re gonna have a better offense – but we’re going to have turnovers. That’s just the way it is.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Greenard deserves 100 game balls. So glad he transferred to UF. He is an absolute game changer.
That kid is a gamer. Love his quickness, love his motor even more. He's all over the field. Great pickup.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Now that looked like a Gator D. Great job by Grantham! The Swamp seemed electric and the D was flat out nasty! Can't wait until next Saturday night. Man this is fun.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
True, and that was my first thought when I read your post lol I figured you’d toss that out there early. Hope he doesn’t crash back to reality next week.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
3rd and Grantham was HUGE today. We held AU to 2/14 on 3rd downs. On the year we give up 33% of 3rd downs so that will drop big time now. We dump on Grantham all the time but he showed yet again that we have a great defense. The 3 INTs were HUGE today too. Go Gators!! :chomp:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That kid is a gamer. Love his quickness, love his motor even more. He's all over the field. Great pickup.
I saw Shuler at DT a bunch tonight and he was BEATING the center.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Count me as another Grantham hater who was super impressed by him and the defense today.

The discipline was astounding. I don't think we've been that disciplined on defense since 2012.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I've been as critical as anyone with Grantham, but he freaking killed it today. I mean straight up assassin level killed it. Defense was unbelievable!!!

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
3rd and Grantham was HUGE today. We held AU to 2/14 on 3rd downs. On the year we give up 33% of 3rd downs so that will drop big time now. We dump on Grantham all the time but he showed yet again that we have a great defense. The 3 INTs were HUGE today too. Go Gators!! :chomp:
Not one boneheaded long distance 3rd or 4th down conversion. Amazing. You could almost guarantee one a game coming into today.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Grantham looked like the best defensive coordinator in college today. Never thought we would be disciplined enough not to let Auburn fool us with their offense. I was terribly wrong.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
You almost wonder if our guys found a tell or something. That defense was so dominant and disciplined. Hope we did our homework on LSU as well as we did today.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I kept looking for flashes of greatness from the over-hyped freshman. I didn't see it.

Our own untested quarterback toughed it out and severely outplayed him, turnovers and all.

Kyle Trask's gritty determination is the new quiet, understated leadership of this team.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
After today's win :
Hoping our d-backfield reached an epiphany enough to intercept LSU 3 times.
Hope we don't fumble at all.
Hope Pierce is 100%..... Zuniga too.
Hope Trask is 100%. Completes more long passes, at least 2+ for TDs..
Hope our D knows they're good.
Hope LSU goes in overconfident and gets ambushed by gators.
Hope I don't run out of hope?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.