Things are lining up nicely for the eventual hire of Chip Kelly

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I'm not one that is turning yet, but the play calling better improve and the recruiting has got to get better or I will. No recruitee, no winee!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I cant think of anything better than watching LDR, Franks, Trash, whomever running the option 90 times a game.

He could bring his champion runnerup legacy here. Yee haw!
Spurrier struggled just a bit in his first NC game and was a runner up...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Back on topic, this thread is about the impact the hiring of Chip Kelly would have on the program.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One loss? Have you reviewed our last 8 games or so?

I'm not openly calling for his firing, I'm simply skeptical at this point that he's the long-term answer. I'll continue rooting for Florida in the meantime.

I'll keep rooting for you too, Claw. You're my favorite poster.

I'll wait for you to give me a coach that could win last year with Treon at QB and that O line which 3/5 were freshman and 1 was a grad transfer from an FCS school. Sure, Saturday was disappointing against Tennessee, I was very annoying at the play calling in the second half but I think for Mac it will be a lesson learned to never take the foot off the gas, unlike Muschamp who never learned and was stubborn in his ways. I also think it was a bad idea to have Nuss come down to the field, send him back to the box so he can see things better. Regardless, seems like many are calling for his firing and getting the pitch forks ready. I'm not completely sold on him either and he may not be the answer, but it's a long season and with improvement we can still win 10+ games this year.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Does anyone think Kelly would even come back to college ball? May be a moot point

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
2-2 in postseason when your overall record is 49-5 means your gimmick **** can be gameplanned for a bowl/playoff game. Not to mention that was in the Pac 12, not the SEC.

Dream candidate? I'm not off the Mac Train yet like most others after an SECC game appearance last year with no QB for the last half of the year. So I won't begin theorizing about that until needed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone think Kelly would even come back to college ball? May be a moot point
Well, he's going to get thrown out of the NFL soon, yes. He won't be offered another job in the NFL, so he has no choice.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Chip Kelly looks like a fat, mongoloid version of Hugh Freeze. No thank you.

Butters n' Nuss are here for two more years, like it or not!

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Also, Kelly's offense won't work against the likes of Alabama's defense IMO.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Chip Kelly looks like a fat, mongoloid version of Hugh Freeze. No thank you.
Who gives a crap what he looks like? Are the coaches entered in pageants or something?

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Honestly I'm just not a fan of that offense. I prefer a drop back QB as opposed to a dual threat type guy.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I have ZERO interest in Chip Kelly. Talk about lack of game management skills. As I was in the car today, I heard something very interesting. I do not watch a lot of NFL, but when Kelly was in Philly, his teams burned the least amount of time between offensive plays and were last in the league in TOP. Well we know how that worked out. 3 weeks into the season, SF is averaging 25 seconds between offensive plays, the fewest in the league, but SF's defense has been on the field for more snaps than any team in the league. Conversely Philly's defense has been on the field for the fewest snaps of any team. I believe Philly is 3-0. Not drawing any conclusions, just repeating something I heard. But I personally have no interest in Chip Kelly being the head coach of any team I root for. Game management and all 3 phases helping each other. That is not Chip Kelly's M O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator