Things are lining up nicely for the eventual hire of Chip Kelly

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The only offenses that work against Saban is going spread and uptempo. Chip Kelly at florida would be sabans kryptonite.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I have ZERO interest in Chip Kelly. Talk about lack of game management skills. As I was in the car today, I heard something very interesting. I do not watch a lot of NFL, but when Kelly was in Philly, his teams burned the least amount of time between offensive plays and were last in the league in TOP. Well we know how that worked out. 3 weeks into the season, SF is averaging 25 seconds between offensive plays, the fewest in the league, but SF's defense has been on the field for more snaps than any team in the league. Conversely Philly's defense has been on the field for the fewest snaps of any team. I believe Philly is 3-0. Not drawing any conclusions, just repeating something I heard. But I personally have no interest in Chip Kelly being the head coach of any team I root for. Game management and all 3 phases helping each other. That is not Chip Kelly's M O.
Saban's shcit didn't work in the nfl either.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly I'm just not a fan of that offense. I prefer a drop back QB as opposed to a dual threat type guy.
Marcus mariotta couldnt drop back and pass it good enough for you?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Chip Kelly looks like a fat, mongoloid version of Hugh Freeze. No thank you.

Butters n' Nuss are here for two more years, like it or not!
If Foley were staying I would agree with you. But the new AD has no history or ties to this staff and may want to make his own hire and statement if Mac ain't cuttin it.
I believe once he gets his players in it has a better shot than Kelly's would.
You mean his roster of 3 stars and a 2 star QB? Those players?

Mac's best team was last year when he had Grier and he effed that up. He loses the entire starting defense next year. He has no LB's coming and a bunch of DB's that aren't the caliber we're used to.

Mac has 3 5 stars on the entire team and none currently committed. The 3 5 stars we have are CeCe who rides the pine, Ivey who can't beat out Sharpe and Clayton who is too skinny to play. We have a bunch of undersized TE's and a stable of solid but slow running backs that aren't a threat to take one to the house. These are Mac's players. This is the future of Gator football.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I love this idea. Let's keep flip-flopping from trying to build a power/pro-style offense to a spread/speed type offense. That's should keep us on this downward trajectory for decades to come.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I love this idea. Let's keep flip-flopping from trying to build a power/pro-style offense to a spread/speed type offense. That's should keep us on this downward trajectory for decades to come.
What does it matter? We're at downward trajectory anyhow.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Meyer won a National Championship with Zook's pro style players. A good coach can win with good players.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Oh sure he could. I just prefer to drop back without all the stand-still read option. Just my preference.
Who's the last team that ran a pro-style offense that beat bama? LSU 6-9 maybe? Can't think of any others since he's been at bama.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer won a National Championship with Zook's pro style players. A good coach can win with good players.
This. Great players can play in any system. With the exception of qb. Its why you see saban and meyer fighting over some of the same players.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This. Great players can play in any system. With the exception of qb. Its why you see saban and meyer fighting over some of the same players.
FFS. Why do we keep using Saban and Meyer as examples? Newsflash...there's exactly two of them and they aren't coming to Florida. Everyone else in the country is second tier, at best. David Shaw, Harbaugh, Dabo, Jimbo, Dantonio, Petrino and possibly Stoops are in the second tier. The rest are...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why Chip when Urb's is only 2 years(this and next) from hauling ass out of Columbus.....thanks to this guy
Meyer recently kicked Saban's ass in the NC game. Why would he be scared of Jim Harbaugh, who has never won a championship of any kind?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who's the last team that ran a pro-style offense that beat bama? LSU 6-9 maybe? Can't think of any others since he's been at bama.
Well, with everyone else from Atm to Kentucky running spreads, its not much of a question.

Id say the real question is what percentage of option or other running teams have beaten them, and it is pretty damn low.

Other than Crackumbus, all the teams that have either beaten Bammers or threatened them have been passing teams. Their secondary is always very suspect vs the pass. They are built to stop the run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.