Thinking about next year's OL depth chart

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n126600 said:
Honestly, I'm really keeping my fingers crossed in hopes of getting another Max Garcia-type from a Maryland-type school than some kid from UAB or UH.

That's just me.

I agree, but let's take a page from the Crimson Rag on this one and get a look at everyone we can then sweep off the cream and toss the rest back.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n126613 said:
The main good about the OL idea of using Ray Finkle is that he would obviously opt to use his academic
scholarship and save us an extra football scholarship. :whistle:

This is why Rog gets paid the big bucks!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n126422 said:
While it does appear to be an issue, I don't see NFL teams playing 10 OL men nor having massive injuries. I like to have the same 5 in the same positions.
It's a great plan, I just don't remember it ever happening. The OL will get dinged up and miss games, at least. There's is a pretty good chance we'll lose one or more for the season.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law, I don't know why, but the stepped on burger just looked tastier. Maybe it's because it looked more like every one I've ever seen in real life. This one just looks like a photo-shopped silicone version of the real thing. In real life, there's always one side a little bigger than the other, things don't quite line up right, and she's got a little look of wear to her. Those imperfections just make it seem like it'll taste all the better.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n126631 said:
Damn, my Big Mac gets complaints no matter what I do.

Kinda like being the HBC, huh?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Damn, my Big Mac gets complaint no matter what I do.

BoomTown;n126627 said:
Law, I don't know why, but the stepped on burger just looked tastier. Maybe it's because it looked more like every one I've ever seen in real life.
Yes, they do look like the floppy one in real life, huh?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sharpe looked to have a lot of potential. Big, athletic, and a mean streak.
Johnson is legit.
Thurman played better than both Moore or Brown at Guard. Pleasant surprise, but needs to improve
Kelleher was rumored to be pushing for a lot of playing time. So if he's out like Octavius Jackson, it's a blow.
Taven Bryan was pushing Cox in the Spring. He was a surprise in the Spring. I'm assuming he was able to RS (hopefully not a medical RS)
Dillard, Dorsey, and Harkless were all recruited by other major programs.
As for Mike, he was recruited by McElwain, doesn't mean squat but interesting. He also had several other major programs interested.
We should have a solid freshman recruiting class. One or two may be able to crack the rotation.

Looking back at Muschamp, He definitely seemed to value experience over talent. Most young players really only saw the field if the other options weren't that good. We won't be thin at line, but we won't be experienced. Hopefully they'll come together early in the season. Summers will have his hands full

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kenyatta Walker. That's the last first round pick OT we've had.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Riles saw the field in mop up time this year. Not sure how well he played, but he definitely got on the field.

Bryan needs to gain weight, but he impressed in the spring at DE.

Maybe a Graduate transfer will come in? JUCO's are needed for sure. Savary was a bust. I know CSU recruits JUCO's more than we do, so maybe we'll get one or two from the JUCO's.

Has Humphries officially declared? He has been significantly disappointing his entire career (after being a 5-star).

I wouldn't hold my breath for the UAB transfers....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n126864 said:
I know CSU recruits JUCO's more than we do, so maybe we'll get one or two from the JUCO's.
That's a great point. Never thought of that.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
I'm flipping back and forth between the ACC and Big Ten games, and the Big Ten game especially piques my interest. I'm thinking back to last year, when we had all those injuries and went 4-8. Well, Ohio State's 3rd string quarterback is destroying a top 15 team. Our 3rd string quarterback last year, not to mention our 1st and 2nd string quarterbacks, have barely been able to complete a forward pass. I know I'm :deadhorse:, but it's still insane to think people defended Muschamp after his 4-8 season.

​Now to connect this thread to our current team. Whether we have an experienced 5-star athlete or inexperienced 3-star freshman starting on the offensive line, good coaches will do their job by maximizing each player's performance. I giving McElwain the benefit of the doubt that he will do what's necessary in order to ensure competent performance from our offensive line.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n127064 said:
I know I'm :deadhorse:, but it's still insane to think people defended Muschamp after his 4-8 season.
Every reasonable person knows this well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.