Thinking ahead to post-Mullen

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Boy... this didn’t age well... Kerwin has a long way to go. They’ll be lucky to get more than 100 yards to go with zero points tonight. I like the general scheme but this USF offense is in shambles.

I agree they were bad tonight. But this is also vintage Charlie Strong, unfortunately. I love him for his time at UF, but he is simply not a great HC, and definitely not if it means rebuilding a team. I think he can take a decent team and keep them moving. But that seems to be his ceiling. Wisconsin is good but tonight was pathetic, and just a continuation of last year’s close.

There are millions out there who couldn’t be a successful DC, so there’s no shame in that. To me, that’s what he is.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I agree they were bad tonight. But this is also vintage Charlie Strong, unfortunately. I love him for his time at UF, but he is simply not a great HC, and definitely not if it means rebuilding a team. I think he can take a decent team and keep them moving. But that seems to be his ceiling. Wisconsin is good but tonight was pathetic, and just a continuation of last year’s close.

There are millions out there who couldn’t be a successful DC, so there’s no shame in that. To me, that’s what he is.
Agree on Strong but I still wish we would’ve given him a shot over Chump.

And while Strong has offense issues, KB made it clear he was running the offense as a part of his hire. That show was on him tonight. My guess is they’ll improve as the season wears on - Wisky is just a better team in every aspect.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

That game was pretty unwatchable. Mrs G came in when it was like 28-0 and asked if I wanted to watch a movie. I said sure and we watched an old Barbara Stanwyck flick. Came back in time to watch the Badgers make it 49 zip. Flipped over the HS game between Marietta and St. Joe’s prep. Was actually far more entertaining.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

And while Strong has offense issues, KB made it clear he was running the offense as a part of his hire. That show was on him tonight. My guess is they’ll improve as the season wears on - Wisky is just a better team in every aspect.

I’ve always said a seamless handoff to Strong in late 2009 would’ve been the best for all parties. The talent we were bringing in alone would’ve kept us solid and given a much better snapshot of Strong’s ability as a a head coach. I still don’t think it’s in the cards for him, but it would’ve been a much better chance than a disaster in Austin and what’s likely a last chance at USF.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That game was pretty unwatchable. Mrs G came in when it was like 28-0 and asked if I wanted to watch a movie. I said sure and we watched an old Barbara Stanwyck flick. Came back in time to watch the Badgers make it 49 zip. Flipped over the HS game between Marietta and St. Joe’s prep. Was actually far more entertaining.

The same, only kids. Three episodes of Captain Underpants later, the score was worse.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Boy... this didn’t age well... Kerwin has a long way to go. They’ll be lucky to get more than 100 yards to go with zero points tonight. I like the general scheme but this USF offense is in shambles.

Looks like I'll be eating crow for some time.

I really hope he can shine D1

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
Let's imagine for the heck of it that he gets the heave-ho after yet another Richtian season in 2021.

And this guy wants back in.

Would you accept him with open arms?

Doesn't he look splendid in Gator colors?
I’m a slut , would take him back today

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The dropped passes were ridiculious there was a great article in either the Tampa Bay Times or one of the offshoots Saturday, this is starting to look less and less like a coaching issue. It's a management issue, USF play decently when not on prime time. Then looks like URG trying to reach the top shelf in prime time situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator