Thinking ahead to post-Mullen

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I will not argue with this. I am what I am.
One of those straight-faced IT guys who laughs every 10 years whether you need to or not?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
F'no. Whenever I get around the IT guys I feel like I need to shower.
Confession. I'd been plotting this thread from the moment I saw that pic of Meyer and Sankey in the box at the UM-UF game. It's compelling to see Urbs in Gator garb again if for no reason than the appearance of something it really isn't. Social media went crazy over it.

You should know by now I'm tried and true troll at heart.

;-)

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
this part is true tho... the fact that it sucks i mean...

You're irked because you can’t get them to do what you want. I hated all the Florida Regulations…BUT I still love Florida.

It’s okay…Louisiana is like Raw Oysters. When I was a kid I said OOOOOHHHHH YUCK. Then my Dad got me to eat one….Then he was pissed because I ate all his oysters.

What is great about the USA…YOU DON’T HAVE TO LIVE HERE or like it…I’m cool with that.

74cac5b66e2efeb870b19fe80cfc341d--the-state-beautiful-places.jpg

YellowFinTunaFishingChartersVeniceLaVooDoo.jpg

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Well ... sh!te in sh!te out. Did you expect anything else with the moron thread you created? Was it actual deep thought you put up or just some random thought you had while sitting on the toilet? You probably should have just wiped it and flushed it instead of leaving it here for everyone to see.
th

Love Ya Brother.​

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Confession. I'd been plotting this thread from the moment I saw that pic of Meyer and Sankey in the box at the UM-UF game. It's compelling to see Urbs in Gator garb again if for no reason than the appearance of something it really isn't. Social media went crazy over it.

;-)
We’ll never get you for lack of candor.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think something got lost in translation. Yes, I believe an AD should always have a constantly updating list of potential football coaches and Urbs is the great example. Nobody saw that coming and Foley wasn't prepared and as you note, had to beg Urbs to stay another year. Mullen seems to be in great health, but who knows, right? What I do think is premature is a thread talking about the next coach. I can't imagine we would have done that at the beginning of Urbs 2nd season or that of SOS. IMO - CDM did much better than expected last season, and while the scUM win was ugly, it was an ugly win. I, for one, am more than willing to give him this season and next to see where he can take the program and am not going to speculate on who we should have instead - especially since none of us ever seem to have a good answer the question of who (realistically) would you rather have/hire. As you mention, it would be awful if we missed out on the next SOS or Urbs, but given how rare those guys are, it's more likely you end up with another Chimp or Butters. The great thing about finding a replacement for Butters was we knew there was no where to go but up. Not true with CDM. We could easily end up in a worse place. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course and if a bunch of chatterers want to speculate on the next coach, by all means, speculate away.

GbM,

I think we are more inline than not. My statements which have very little to do with our game against Ox's favorite food, and more to do with Mullen and the perceived ceiling and the expectations of UF being a top 5 job. Where has SOS and Meyer were unique talents at the position, any AD's job is to be ready for what if this goes wrong. Foley's biggest failures in my opinion is not being ready for SOS departure and not being prepared for Meyer's departure. That is just poor management. In 3/4 years if Mullen has gotten us an SEC Championship, with the needle still pointed up most of us will be happy. If in three years, he has maxed out as a 3/4 loss guy with very good but not great recruiting then Stricklin will be on the clock to show what kind of AD he is.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

;-)

My wife had a different reaction, she saw him in Gator gear and wanted to stab him in the throat.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
Oh please do not be naive. I bleed orange & blue but realized years ago college football and the concept of student athletes has been corrupted for several decades. At the big programs it is one big hypocrisy. If we need Urbs and he wants it then I am all for it.

Then why should anyone be worried about whether we discipline and/or dismiss anyone from the team who has any off field issues if they can be successfully covered up? Seems counterproductive for UF to discipline much less dismiss any players who have had incidents with women unless it is absolutely necessary because they are convicted of a crime. If it is better to embrace the hypocrisy then we should be biasing our decisions toward player participation especially if they are top tier talent. That is certainly what we got with Meyer and it definitely did contribute to the success that was achieved during his tenure.

I for one believe hypocrisy of this nature exists in any large organizational structure especially one as federated as the NCAA. I just don't think an organization has to embrace that hypocrisy to be successful and I personally would prefer my university be a trend setter against those lowered standards than being just another enabler. I admit it is harder to win that way, but I'd rather UF take that harder road toward success while maintaining its integrity than to resort to employing situational ethics just to try to win football games. At the end of the day, football success on its own is a pretty trivial objective when compared to the overall mission of the university as a whole (funding implications notwithstanding). Since my love of the Gators grows out of my love of UF, I therefore prefer that my football team would strive to reflect the highest standards for UF instead of intentionally lowering that standard just to make it easier to succeed. Otherwise I feel that I might as well be a fan of "the U".

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
My wife had a different reaction, she saw him in Gator gear and wanted to stab him in the throat.

That will get all kinds of hate. So who would be your ultimate coach? No Really...I'm talking Christmas, Santa, Tooth Fairy...Wish list.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Illinois. It's a state between Indiana and Iowa.

Actually, it is between MO, IA, WI and IN.

And Florida is that state that Hurricanes love.

With Chicago is nothing like the Quad Cities. Nor Miami like Tampa or Gainesville. And no where else is like

th

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Then why should anyone be worried about whether we discipline and/or dismiss anyone from the team who has any off field issues if they can be successfully covered up? Seems counterproductive for UF to discipline much less dismiss any players who have had incidents with women unless it is absolutely necessary because they are convicted of a crime. If it is better to embrace the hypocrisy then we should be biasing our decisions toward player participation especially if they are top tier talent. That is certainly what we got with Meyer and it definitely did contribute to the success that was achieved during his tenure.

I for one believe hypocrisy of this nature exists in any large organizational structure especially one as federated as the NCAA. I just don't think an organization has to embrace that hypocrisy to be successful and I personally would prefer my university be a trend setter against those lowered standards than being just another enabler. I admit it is harder to win that way, but I'd rather UF take that harder road toward success while maintaining its integrity than to resort to employing situational ethics just to try to win football games. At the end of the day, football success on its own is a pretty trivial objective when compared to the overall mission of the university as a whole (funding implications notwithstanding). Since my love of the Gators grows out of my love of UF, I therefore prefer that my football team would strive to reflect the highest standards for UF instead of intentionally lowering that standard just to make it easier to succeed. Otherwise I feel that I might as well be a fan of "the U".
The moment most of these players step on campus we have already sold out. You want the “best for your university” but are ok with admitting athletes that are way below the academic standard. Please. We get what we sow. I’m ok with tougher players, hungrier players with fire in their bellies. Its the only way to compete in todays landscape. Go Gators!

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
The moment most of these players step on campus we have already sold out. You want the “best for your university” but are ok with admitting athletes that are way below the academic standard. Please. We get what we sow. I’m ok with tougher players, hungrier players with fire in their bellies. Its the only way to compete in todays landscape. Go Gators!

College football is where affirmative action and winning at all costs meet.

The affirmative action part satisfies the academic types who want to promote diversity; the winning at all costs satisfies the fan base with money in their pockets. It's where we are now. It's essentially minor league pro football.

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018
Our next coach is the OC at USF.. I like both the HC and the OC at USF but the OC is my choice.

That's Kerwin for you youngsters. The "Throwen Mayoen".

I'm ready for the: Drunk, Stoned...But I bet with our WR/TE we have right now...Bell would have lit up "Camper's World".

As for Urban...ND is calling.

:rolleyes4:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator