Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
* sigh *
43ea34c94fb76aa720432e0899d5e317.jpg

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
If you want to get: Stoned, Dislikes, Drunk....on this site, All you have to post is:

Pro- Play-offs
Anti-UF Elitism (Trying to be Duke)
Recruiting
Pro-Kerwin Bell
Anti-Urban
UF Facilities

I like Mullen...The Topic was our next coach...which is lame because we are just starting season 2 with Mullen.

Many on here opine for the Fun and Gun Days...but if you mention a "Wide Open", Offensive Minded former Gator, Coach (Kerwin) who puts up 70 points, y’all go bananas

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I don’t think CUM would have the same level of success returning the same why I didn’t think SOS returning would amount to returned glory days. He still has questionable ethics, questionable integrity, a serious case of GERD and a fear of all things ending in -ama or -aban.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
If you want to get: Stoned, Dislikes, Drunk....on this site, All you have to post is:

Pro- Play-offs
Anti-UF Elitism (Trying to be Duke)
Recruiting
Pro-Kerwin Bell
Anti-Urban
UF Facilities

I like Mullen...The Topic was our next coach...which is lame because we are just starting season 2 with Mullen.

Many on here opine for the Fun and Gun Days...but if you mention a "Wide Open", Offensive Minded former Gator, Coach (Kerwin) who puts up 70 points, y’all go bananas

Bingo: 30 Seconds and get a dislike...Thanks for playing

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I know, I know NOLA is Drunk, Stoned...But few coaches can do this...let's just see what he does at USF before you give the idea a :facepalm:

I was hoping Muschump would have considered him over "Coach Cooler".

Former Gators QB Kerwin Bell leaves Valdosta State to take OC job in Florida

Former Florida QB Kerwin Bell’s Valdosta State team just won a Division II championship averaging 52 points per game. The Gator great now wants to show his offense can work at the FBS level.

As a redshirt freshman, Bell earned SEC Player of the Year honors at Florida in 1984, leading the Gators to a 9-1-1 season.
(First SEC for UF) He was first-team All-SEC in 1985, when UF again went 9-1-1....

Bell served as a graduate assistant at
Florida in 1990

https://www.thedailystampede.com/20...l-as-offensive-coordinator-dii-charlie-strong

His offense in particular set the DII world on fire by averaging a nation-best 52 points per game while putting up 523.9 yards per game on 7.89 yards per play.

Gulf South Conference, which many have labeled as the toughest conference in Division II. (Note from Nick: I cover the University of West Georgia in Carrollton, who had a top-ten defense in the country and were national title contenders in their own right...Valdosta still dropped 47 points and nearly 600 yards

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Given that Mullen is 14 games into his tenure (and is 11-3 which is pretty remarkable considering), this whole thread seems crazy premature. I realize that if recruiting does not improve, the team will not improve and possibly/probably will not even sustain where they are now and it will end after 4 seasons or so. As for Urbs, assuming he’d even come, I suspect it too would not end well. The old saying of you can never go home again seems apt here.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not surprised by the thread. We fired him as soon as we got word that he was gonna get hired. We also fired him about 74 times last season too. We fired him about 12 times during the Miami game so there is more to come!

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Given that Mullen is 14 games into his tenure (and is 11-3 which is pretty remarkable considering), this whole thread seems crazy premature. I realize that if recruiting does not improve, the team will not improve and possibly/probably will not even sustain where they are now and it will end after 4 seasons or so. As for Urbs, assuming he’d even come, I suspect it too would not end well. The old saying of you can never go home again seems apt here.
Last night I listened to the HBC answer a recruiting question at a local Gator Club gathering in Pensacola with an immediate comment about our facilities needing upgrading. He didn't hesitate. He said, for example, that it's difficult to compete in recruiting when the weight room is the same as it was in the 80's.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

He is one game better than Butters after 14 games... Right now it's about the eye test. The question is valid, because we are about 2 years from when the rubber will meet the road in evaluation.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
He is one game better than Butters after 14 games... Right now it's about the eye test. The question is valid, because we are about 2 years from when the rubber will meet the road in evaluation.
Disagree about the validity. Mullen inherited a bigger mess than Butters did and is dealing with a better SEC east than Butters did. The S&C program is light years ahead and there seems (from the outside anyway) to be a lot more discipline. I will never be one to say “trust the coaches,” but I do believe in giving CDM a chance. If this season or next they fall on their azz, there will be plenty of time then and it will be more timely

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Disagree about the validity. Mullen inherited a bigger mess than Butters did and is dealing with a better SEC east than Butters did. The S&C program is light years ahead and there seems (from the outside anyway) to be a lot more discipline. I will never be one to say “trust the coaches,” but I do believe in giving CDM a chance. If this season or next they fall on their azz, there will be plenty of time then and it will be more timely

You are only as good as your possible replacements. Are you saying there are not some replacements on the market that are just as good or better? Once you except your first paycheck, you are on the clock. Especially in a high turn over job like college coaching at a premier team. He had a 10 year resume, and with each piece of new data that resume and the decision of him verse his replacement is going to be in question. Saying well look at what he has done, look what he has done. What has he done beat a bad SEC East last year? Lets not pretend the East is so much better last year than the garbage it has been the last decade. Until he is adding to the trophy case, he hasn't done schit.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You are only as good as your possible replacements. Are you saying there are not some replacements on the market that are just as good or better?

Okay Doug:

Who is on the market...that will come to UF? Not some wish list...be realistic.

Why did LSU go with a local coach? And before you go there...They just added a Fantastic Football Facility.

Poor Louisiana with Corn Dog Eating Fans and playing in a "DUMP" like Baton Rouge.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_df238eac-ae32-11e9-ba41-d74154bfb612.html

The nearly $28 million project, paid for with private donations to the athletic department, includes the addition of nearly 25,000 square feet, with a new training room, offices, locker room, players lounge and cafeteria.

LSU's new football facility - Bing video

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You are only as good as your possible replacements. Are you saying there are not some replacements on the market that are just as good or better? Once you except your first paycheck, you are on the clock. Especially in a high turn over job like college coaching at a premier team. He had a 10 year resume, and with each piece of new data that resume and the decision of him verse his replacement is going to be in question. Saying well look at what he has done, look what he has done. What has he done beat a bad SEC East last year? Lets not pretend the East is so much better last year than the garbage it has been the last decade. Until he is adding to the trophy case, he hasn't done schit.
In theory, you are correct, but reality is a different story. Any coach you hire is pretty much guaranteed to get 3 years minimum unless they have a colossal disaster of some kind. As far as Mullen’s resume, it was only important during the hiring process. Once he’s on board, I’d argue it’s irrelevant. The only that matters is wins and losses. And ultimately it had better be enough wins to compete and somewhat consistently win championships. Right now, given where he started, I’d say Mullen is doing well. If he doesn’t take up a notch in the next year or two, he’ll be gone soon after. As for potential replacements, I’m sure there’s somebody better out there who we could get. However, I have no idea who they are; do you? I’d love to hear some names.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Okay Doug:

Who is on the market...that will come to UF? Not some wish list...be realistic.

This statement "be realistic" coming from you is rich.

First we know Urban Meyer is on the market... how does his resume stack up to Mullens?

Whose on the market, everyone. Who could we possibly get, well Mullen is the 7th highest paid coach, so there is a pool of 113 right there, not counting those currently out of a job.

Why did LSU go with a local coach? And before you go there...They just added a Fantastic Football Facility.

Poor Louisiana with Corn Dog Eating Fans and playing in a "DUMP" like Baton Rouge.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_df238eac-ae32-11e9-ba41-d74154bfb612.html

The nearly $28 million project, paid for with private donations to the athletic department, includes the addition of nearly 25,000 square feet, with a new training room, offices, locker room, players lounge and cafeteria.

LSU's new football facility - Bing video

Not all management belongs in management... We may have some questionable leadership, but using LSU is an example is exactly why Durty buttfcks you every time you post. If our management is considered average, LSU's is a considered the NOLAGATOR of the SEC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator