Ticket Sales Down Considerably

How many rushing yards with UF have in Week 1?

• 299 or less

Votes: 72 66.7%
  • 300 or more

Votes: 36 33.3%

• Total voters

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm taking my family to the Colorado State game. My kids' first game and my first since the Spurrier era. I'm doing my (small) part.

Will you make the tailgate?

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
When you've sat through 8 seasons of poor offense, which is partly what brings in fans, it will hurt. Two losing seasons in 5 years also hurts. The sad thing is the University and their complicit media (Fooley, Crucial, etc.) will have you believe it's mostly TV's, air conditioning, and a lack of WiFi. That's bull****. Factor? Maybe, but no where near the level you'll hear some talk about it.

Example, Atlanta United of MLS who started play last year, averages over 50k a game (At least one 70k attendance). They were doing that at the beginning of last season at Bobby Dodd stadium that has not of that. Then they move halfway through the season and it did get bigger. Why? An exciting offensive style of play that wins games and makes the playoffs. I have not talked to one ATL fan who decided not to go to Bobby Dodd, but go to Mercedes-Benz for A/C and wifi. If that team sucked and didn't play excited offense, I am sold that no one would go, 10-20k max.

Point is, Stricklin, Fuchs, anyone else, you want ticket sales to increase? Stop increasing your prices while giving an awful product and trying to tell fans its gold. You have to show us that your Ford Pinto doesn't explode when it is rear-ended anymore. Show them why they want to come, then they will come. Do amenities help? Yes. Although, I don't think anyone is making the decision to drive to the Swamp from Tampa, Orlando, Jax, etc. based on Wifi. No, as a partner at the firm told me, "I stopped going because I didn't want to watch the awful offense anymore"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly.

This is Fooley's Fvkkups Part II, III, and IV, plain and simply.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I told you dont go full retard.

I’ve stated how I felt about the hire (not thrilled). And yet, I’m going to give him a chance and see how it goes.

Or I could come on here and whine daily. Still deciding which way to go.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We could play in a stadium that hasnt seen an upgrade since 1956 but pack the house every week if we had an offense and won.

It's the offense, stupid.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Well, it's not as if there is great news from practice. We have a coach that might be telling the truth when he indicates the offense is not coming around quickly. People want to watch winners and leaders and our choice for QB is a known and unknown, neither expected to be great. Would you invest in the season expecting Franks to make you feel good during the games or more feel like it's not worth going to be disappointed?

The truth is we did not hire Urban Meyer or Steve Spurrier, we hired a former UF OC with a mixed record as HC who also had a losing season in 2016. It's not that exciting, is it? A decent>good season and win at fsu followed by a good close in the recruiting class should reinvigorate. The collective mind of the fanbase is telling us something.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Will you make the tailgate?

I don't know, maybe. Depends on what the wife has planned. And I kind of like being anonymous on the internet - it would be weird seeing you people in person, like when you see a radio DJ in real life.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve stated how I felt about the hire (not thrilled). And yet, I’m going to give him a chance and see how it goes.

Or I could come on here and whine daily. Still deciding which way to go.
ok

jayboss

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

It might be hard to remember on this board but one year ago today:

1. UF was the two time defending SEC East winners.

2. McElwain the reputed "QB whisperer" finally had a "stocked" QB depth chart with two RFR, a graduate transfer from UND, Del Rio still etc and no Treon type QBs. So the offense was expected to break out.

3. The OL going to be better.

There were lots of reasons for hope.

One year later:

1. UF is coming off a 4 win season.

2. McElwain has been replaced by no UF fan's first choice who runs more of a running offense.

3. No one believe the OL will be much better.

So taken in total it is hardly surprising UF ticket sales are down. The UAA did nothing to excite the fan base after a surprisingly terrible season last year.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know, maybe. Depends on what the wife has planned. And I kind of like being anonymous on the internet - it would be weird seeing you people in person, like when you see a radio DJ in real life.

That means you are either famous, or running from the law. Which is it?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There's only one thing that sells seats.

Free beer.

I like the idea. It just can't be too hoppy, and definitely no IPAs, or we'll just end up with an influx of hipsters in the stadium. Next thing you know, we're rushing them out with heat stroke from wearing beanies in 90 degree heat, and the words of "We are the boys" are changed to "So, We are the People".

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's only one thing that sells seats.

Free beer.

My brother has season tickets to Colorado in the section that sells alcohol there...they suck something awful and never sell out yet he sells all but 2 games for enough money to pay for his tickets and the cost for him to attend 2 games. Beer sells and UF should do the same. LSU is this year

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The seats that are perpetually empty are the top of the student sections and the Sunshine Seats. Everything else is typically full, save for the occasional visiting team who doesn't bring enough fans. So however they can get more students to get tickets and more people to sit in the worst seats in the house, that'll solve it.

Do like they used to do prior to 2000 or whatever year it was and let students sell their tickets to anyone

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Actually the number is about half that from what I read yesterday. It was originally reported down 9k but should have said down 5k. One of the beat writers posted on Twitter. I can’t remember who explained the mixup.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Actually the number is about half that from what I read yesterday. It was originally reported down 9k but should have said down 5k. One of the beat writers posted on Twitter. I can’t remember who explained the mixup.
They will donate the rest of those tickets soon and it will be a "sellout".

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This will be my first year in the last 5 or 6 that I will not be going to games and that is by choice. yet I never bought season tix and have never had any issue with buying tix outside the stadium on gameday for well BELOW face value. Everyone knows the reasons and I will not rehash them, but sometimes with a new staff, there is a bit of a pickup. But we hired a coach in Cousin Eddie that really does not create any reason to think we are going to be a championship caliber team under his regime. And I base that thought on his tenure as a head coach. No disrespect, but a small % think he is a top flight coach. The majority think he is just another guy. So if the staff turnover can't shake things up, then you are stuck with high prices, poor product, hot as hell in a dump of a building and an extremely transient fan base. Not too mention the game of football has changed and for those of us who love football, the game is just not as enjoyable, regardless of who one roots for. I understand some of the changes but it has gone way too far in my opinion.

As for the FSU question I happen to hear on the radio yesterday an ad for tix to the opening game against Va Tech for every section are available including their A/C'ed champions club or whatever it is called. And they are opening against a real team in a conference game, not some below average high school team playing 8 man football.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's not really about winning, it's about having an entertaining product. Mac won 10 games and yet you wanted to gouge your eyes out watching that team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's not really about winning, it's about having an entertaining product. Mac won 10 games and yet you wanted to gouge your eyes out watching that team.
And yet, or listen to him, ya know what uh mean, before or after that game? It wuz wunna those kinda deals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.