Ticket Sales Down Considerably

How many rushing yards with UF have in Week 1?

• 299 or less

Votes: 72 66.7%
  • 300 or more

Votes: 36 33.3%

• Total voters

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Part of this might be costs and TV. If I want to go see the Gators destroy Vandy (I used to do this every opportunity) it costs several hundred dollars and not that much travel. I can see the game better at home on a big screen TV. I have done it so many times that the experience is the same. I bet this is part of the issue. They probably need packages at less than robber baron prices for hotel, food, and tickets.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I know a UGA Prof who's on a waiting list.

They told him he needed to donate more money.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
forgot about that. so ill hammer the point one more time. point me towards a top coach that has had a losing season. ill wait.
No, no no, he was at MSU, no one can win there....he had a better record and was more in demand than James Franklin.... don't pay attention to the fact that after 9 yrs he showed no progress in conference record (lost 9 conference games his first 2 years, lost 9 conference games his last 2 years).....look at all the games he is going to win at MSU this year, l learned here that he gets credit for all their wins this year..... ticket sales have nothing to do with apathy toward this hire, everyone is FIRED UP over Mullen but they aren't buying tickets in protest toward Mac. Did I miss anything?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, no no, he was at MSU, no one can win there....he had a better record and was more in demand than James Franklin.... don't pay attention to the fact that after 9 yrs he showed no progress in conference record (lost 9 conference games his first 2 years, lost 9 conference games his last 2 years).....look at all the games he is going to win at MSU this year, l learned here that he gets credit for all their wins this year..... ticket sales have nothing to do with apathy toward this hire, everyone is FIRED UP over Mullen but they aren't buying tickets in protest toward Mac. Did I miss anything?
Yes. Just win, baby.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I figure another 10 years and I’ll be where some of you are already. I’ll be in my 70’s and the thought of traveling, bar tabs, heat, ticket prices, hotel rooms and such is less fun than staying home and yelling at kids to get off my lawn while I watch the games in air conditioning.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I figure another 10 years and I’ll be where some of you are already. I’ll be in my 70’s and the thought of traveling, bar tabs, heat, ticket prices, hotel rooms and such is less fun than staying home and yelling at kids to get off my lawn while I watch the games in air conditioning.

Wanted to like this more than once. I actually stopped going to games after failed back surgery and major discomfort being jammed into small spaces on hard bleachers. It sucks to get old. No kids on the lawn out here though..

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Wait. I thought you were fully on board with this hire? :lol:

I can't tell you how glad I am that we get to start figuring out this hire over the next few weeks. You're one of the posters whose posts I always make it a point to read, but man, it's been a brutal past 9 months. And I'm not even in total disagreement with you. And it's beyond frustrating that we're having this type of 50-50 approval rating for the 4th time in 5 hires. I'm just ready for the speculation and and hypotheticals to be over with.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Why would a UGA professor Be trying to get season tickets for the Gators?
Really?

It's hard to get tickets at UGAand LSU

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Could it be the new tax laws? I understand my donation/season tix are no longer deductible.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
With respect, look who is in the seats

Look at the student section 3rd qtr

In my day we stayed until 0:00 and we did not have wifi, jumbo tons, or even an SEC CHAMPIONSHIP

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
A lot of schools are struggling with attendance--it isn't exclusive to us; but every fanbase has their own issues, distractions, and expectations.

For us here at Florida, the offense has been consistently below par for most of the last decade and at a certain point, it gets irritating.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Wait. I thought you were fully on board with this hire? :lol:

I can't tell you how glad I am that we get to start figuring out this hire over the next few weeks. You're one of the posters whose posts I always make it a point to read, but man, it's been a brutal past 9 months. And I'm not even in total disagreement with you. And it's beyond frustrating that we're having this type of 50-50 approval rating for the 4th time in 5 hires. I'm just ready for the speculation and and hypotheticals to be over with.
I'm even getting tired of my posts. I'm going to try not to say anything else negative about this hire until at least after the first game. See you guys in a week:D

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we come out of September 5-0 -- obviously a big if -- the Swamp will be rockin' for LSU.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
With respect, look who is in the seats

Look at the student section 3rd qtr

In my day we stayed until 0:00 and we did not have wifi, jumbo tons, or even an SEC CHAMPIONSHIP

True. Even the younger half of my crew poses a dilemma every game...if th game is over..win or lose...they want to leave early to beat the lines at the bars. I can’t. I just can’t. I have to stay to the end. I tell them I’ll see them when I see them. Just tell me where you’re at.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Humans are humans. The more distractions you provide, the more ADD they become.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Wanted to like this more than once. I actually stopped going to games after failed back surgery and major discomfort being jammed into small spaces on hard bleachers. It sucks to get old. No kids on the lawn out here though..
Had a laminotomy on my L3-L5, had 100% arthritis last year. This weekend will be my first game to The Swamp in about 8 years. Went with the Champions Club tickets. I'll let you know how the chairbacks and buffet are...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.