Tim Tebow Preseason Part Deux

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've come to the conclusion that Mark Sanchez sucks.

Discuss.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm on about a ten minute tape delay, but I'm looking forward to the fail.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Sanchez is on fire tonight, unfortunately...

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Holy crap Dirty Sanchez looks good. The Eagles line, receivers and backs all look great. Too bad by the time Timmy gets in, he'll be running for his life with the WR's running the wrong routes like last week. I'd love to see what TT could do with the one's.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How Sanchez looks doesn't matter - he's made the team. Matt Barkley is who matters, and he certainly isn't setting the field on fire tonight.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. Barkley in now. Tebow coming in as 4th QB. He'll be playing with bag boys, forklift operators, and delivery men.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Barkley finished 6/14 for 86 yards. Sacked once.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sanchez had more yards than Tebow did the whole time he made the playoff run. Doesn't look good for our boy.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n264507 said:
Sanchez had more yards than Tebow did the whole time he made the playoff run. Doesn't look good for our boy.

So exactly what is your problem with one of the greatest Gators of all time who lead us to a NC, was part of another, won the Heisman trophy and did nothing less than give every ounce of what he had on every single play?

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n264514 said:
So exactly what is your problem with one of the greatest Gators of all time who lead us to a NC, was part of another, won the Heisman trophy and did nothing less than give every ounce of what he had on every single play?

troll gonna troll

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I want Tebow to succeed as much as anybody, I watch him any time he is playing, I follow practice reports....I want him to succeed. I want to see all the naysayers have to eat sh*t. But damn, he just can't read a defense to save his life. He has every quality to be a success, I don't even have a problem with his throwing ability. Its the space between his ears that are lacking. He just cant process whats happening in front of him fast enough to play consistently well. And it kills me to say that. I still hope he makes the team even if its just to be a battering ram in short yardage situations, but I just dont see this working out for him.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I watched his first series and couldn't watch anymore. I know he was playing with the scrubs, but he had time and just stood in the pocket and looked like he was lost when his primary receiver wasn't open. Maybe they keep him on for gadget plays and 2 pointers, but he's not an NFL QB.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Gatormac2112;n264534 said:
He just cant process whats happening in front of him fast enough

This ^

There were several guys that were open but he didn't see them, tucked and rolled out and either ran or just threw the ball away.
One guy was wide open in the end zone as he was rolling out but he tucked it.
It could be that he needs more reps with the first team but being 3rd-ish on the depth chart - that ain't happening.

I hope he makes the team but most teams don't carry four QBs - unless they are shopping Barkley or Sanchez.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n264556 said:
This ^

There were several guys that were open but he didn't see them, tucked and rolled out and either ran or just threw the ball away.
One guy was wide open in the end zone as he was rolling out but he tucked it.
It could be that he needs more reps with the first team but being 3rd-ish on the depth chart - that ain't happening.

I hope he makes the team but most teams don't carry four QBs - unless they are shopping Barkley or Sanchez.
Unfortunately correct. Only way Tebow makes it is if Sanchez or Barkley gets dealt, and that only happens unless a starting QB elsewhere in the league goes down in the next week or so.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Not throwing to the wide open receiver crossing at the back of the end zone was likely the death knell. damn.

Improving his throwing motion does not make up for a glaring inability to see routes coming open downfield.

The only hope is if Barkely gets dealt for one reason or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator