Time Right for Richt Exit

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is now the right time for Mark Richt to leave Georgia? It's looking more and more like the smartest move for him to leave face with Georgia and turn around a terrible Miami team. He'd bring back a lot of prestige to Miami and I'm sure has a great relationship with previous players he played with.

To the coach’s critics, though, that’s what their program was, not what their program is. At the moment, Mark Richt is an iPhone 4 in a 6S world.

Here's a good article as well.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-mark-richt-to-part-ways-hopefully-with-class

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I'm all for whatever it takes to keep him there.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
It a tough call. Stick with him and continued above average mediocrity, or dump him, swing for the fences, jump on the coaching carosel, and end up like TN for 15 years.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Just looked to me like he wasn't even trying to win yesterday, nor did it look like he was bothered when they lost. Probably realizing Mac is going to control the East for the next few years and mulling over greener pastures.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Uga should dump him and back up the brincks truck for Tom Herman, won't happen but that be the smart play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Without some kind of commitment from the administration at Miami towards improving facilities, they will be getting a second tier coach. Some might consider Right a second tier coach so who knows. But Miami is about 10 years behind other power 5 schools in the arms race. No stadium, no IPF, old locker rooms and training facilities are not going to attract the talent needed to compete like Miami did in the 80's and 90's.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Concrete Helmet;n305514 said:
Just looked to me like he wasn't even trying to win yesterday, nor did it look like he was bothered when they lost. Probably realizing Mac is going to control the East for the next few years and mulling over greener pastures.

totally agree. he looked tired and unmotivated. and that kind of malaise sets in with players too.

putting in bauta was like throwing himself on his own sword.

the guy from memphis is going to have a host of enticing options to choose from in the offseason.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If Richt is a goner, UGA brings Kirby Smart 'home'. A calculated risk. Richt would never take the scUM job. South Carolina on the other hand......

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
ufgator812;n305507 said:
I'm all for whatever it takes to keep him there.
Sign me up as well. maybe foley can give their AD some advice about extending his contract:proud:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
LongTooth;n305519 said:
putting in bauta was like throwing himself on his own sword.
I think we spoiled the party when we only rushed 4 and kept our backers at home during the 1st half. It kept Bauta in the pocket instead of bolting upfield and picking up big chunks of yardage. I never thought I'd see a day when Richt wouldn't have at least an average throwing QB.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Concrete Helmet;n305527 said:
I think we spoiled the party when we only rushed 4 and kept our backers at home during the 1st half. It kept Bauta in the pocket instead of bolting upfield and picking up big chunks of yardage. I never thought I'd see a day when Richt wouldn't have at least an average throwing QB.

everyone goes on and on about UGA's rushing attack but Mark's teams have always needed a Stafford or Murray to really compete.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n305514 said:

I'm in the "something was going on we don't know about" school on this one. Was is a silent suspension of a player? Were the players getting out of control and needed to be taken down a notch? There's no way they go with that 3rd string QB against the Gators the whole game without something else happening.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
UGA's Commits reaction after loss.

Darion Anderson, 2016 3-star wide receiver (UGA commit) — “It was a tough loss. The offense just couldn’t score any points.”

Davion Curtis, 2016 3-star wide receiver (UGA commit) — “I’m lost for words. We need to do better against the next team. Our offense just wasn’t there today.”

Charlie Woerner, 2016 4-star wide receiver (UGA commit) — “It just wasn’t their day.

Randrecous Davis, 2016 3-star wide receiver (UGA commit) — “Well, I’m shocked.

Chris Barnes, 2016 3-star offensive lineman (UGA commit) — “It ain’t good.”

Deejay Dallas, 2017 4-star athlete (UGA commit) — “I have to respectfully decline answering that question.”

Trey Blount, 2017 4-star wide receiver (uncommitted) — “It was tough looking at the game today. I really thought they would come out and play better than they did.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
UGA needs to go hire Muschamp. He's the best candidate for the job. At least that's the rumor I'm trying to spread...

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I can't imagine any Gator fan wanting Richt to leave UGly. He is 5 - 10 against UF and 3 if those wins were vs. Mushcramp. Fire Richt? Hell no!

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Notice to Georgia: Take a look at what happened to Tennessee when they fired Phil Fulmer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He's not getting fired. He should explore other options, but he won't so he'll be their coach next year unless he decides to retire...which is a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator