MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n305571 said:
He is only 55, he won't retire.
It's been rumored for several years that he and his wife want to spend more time on missions due to their devout religious beliefs. He's not a money guy, so if he thinks he's not wanted I could see him walking away to do other things.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n305517 said:
Without some kind of commitment from the administration at Miami towards improving facilities, they will be getting a second tier coach. Some might consider Right a second tier coach so who knows. But Miami is about 10 years behind other power 5 schools in the arms race. No stadium, no IPF, old locker rooms and training facilities are not going to attract the talent needed to compete like Miami did in the 80's and 90's.

Hey, nothing a couple o' boatloads of coke couldn't pay for.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Even though Richt is from Boca Raton, and he is a Miami alum, I just don't see St. Mark going to a place that has more hotels than churches.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n305572 said:
It's been rumored for several years that he and his wife want to spend more time on missions due to their devout religious beliefs. He's not a money guy, so if he thinks he's not wanted I could see him walking away to do other things.

I'd say it's pretty clear God doesn't like him so why would he go on missions?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n305510 said:
It a tough call. Stick with him and continued above average mediocrity, or dump him, swing for the fences, jump on the coaching carosel, and end up like TN for 15 years.

Especially in a year where it looks like a LOT of teams will be looking for new HCs. That's not a good year to go shopping. You'll find yourself picking from the leavings, or in a bid war with other power conference teams.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n305598 said:
Especially in a year where it looks like a LOT of teams will be looking for new HCs. That's not a good year to go shopping. You'll find yourself picking from the leavings, or in a bid war with other power conference teams.

This is what I'm thinking.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n305580 said:

You answered your own question. He obviously needs to do much more to get into the good graces. :lol:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n305559 said:
Richt has beat us 5 times....better than Goof or Donnan.

He also got 4 of those wins against Zook and Muschamp. His record against Spurrier was 0 wins, same as Goof and one less win than Donnan.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
NVGator;n305580 said:

Maybe God is directing him towards mission work.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I hope they keep him for obvious reasons but putting that aside, the smart move for Georgia is to keep him. There are too many high profile openings this year and as those get filled the carousel will get worse. Stand pat for one more year and you're probably not competing against as many high profile openings next year. With that being said, I don't think Georgia would fire him at the end of this season anyway. Whether he voluntarily leaves to do something else may be a different story. And yes, you are correct that the time for him to move on is certainly near. Seems like things have gotten stale with their program.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n305604 said:
You answered your own question. He obviously needs to do much more to get into the good graces. :lol:

Didn't think about it that way.

:lol: :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n305526 said:
Sign me up as well. maybe foley can give their AD some advice about extending his contract:proud:
McGarity is a Fooley protege. Two extensions between now an the end of the season are definitely possible. Word on the street is he is very happy with the direction of the program and loves working with Richtrolled.

Could you imagine us hiring a Dwag to be the AD?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n305579 said:
It is hard to fire a coach with a record like this
His resume basically says "Thanks Fooley for hiring Zook and Chimp."

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope they never get rid of him. Unless they hire Muschamp in his stead. Then I'm all for it.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n305526 said:
Sign me up as well. maybe foley can give their AD some advice about extending his contract:proud:
Should be an easy learning process. McGarity worked for JF for 18 years and took the head Bawllikker job when the other dude got popped at 3AM on a traffic stop wearing his girlfriends panties as a necktie. I wonder if McGarity has reached out to Foley for his thoughts on the UGA situation.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n305627 said:
There are too many high profile openings this year
Who? The Vandycocks? USCw? USCw generally looks at a different pool of coaches. Ugly would be the best job open on the east coast this year. The only thing that changes that is if Strong gets fired by UTw.

If they wait until next year, they are definitely playing second fiddle to UTw.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia fan overheard talking at the bar after the game:

"I want Richt to preside at my funeral..... that way he can say some really nice things then proceed to let me down one more time"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator