Time Right for Richt Exit

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Law98gator;n305706 said:
Who? The Vandycocks? USCw? USCw generally looks at a different pool of coaches.

They do??? Guys like Lane Kiffin and Steve Sarkisian now fall into the category of "a different pool of coaches"? Maybe you can try and explain that one b/c you're full of she-at...AGAIN.

Law98gator;n30576 said:
Ugly would be the best job open on the east coast this year. The only thing that changes that is if Strong gets fired by UTw.

I didn't say anything about the competition being limited to the east coast. I said they are facing competition from several high profile programs. That includes the entire country, including Southern Cal and quite frankly Miami, to name a few. USCw is hands down a better job than UGA, USCe is probably similar to the UGA job and if Miami is willing to pony up the same dollars as UGA for a head coach I would say the Miami job is the better gig, facility issues notwithstanding. I expect Miami will realize the need to pay up this time to get somebody decent. There is more talent in South Florida than in the entire state of Georgia so recruiting would be a heck of a lot easier for a good head coach. And don't tell me that everybody recruits S. Florida. The same can be said of the state of Georgia. Everybody recruits this state. That and the fact that the road to a conference title and the NC playoffs would be much easier at Miami than UGA due to the schedule make Miami a better gig than people want to admit. UGA has to beat out Florida and Tennessee for the east, by beating not only the east teams but some good teams from the west, JUST to get to an opportunity to face (take your pick) Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, TAM, etc to win the conference title and maybe make the playoffs. Miami basically has to beat FSU to win the conference. The schedule they play is more conducive to running the table than UGA's. As it stands, UGA is 3rd fiddle in the east behind us and TN. Maybe you can explain to us how a program as great as Georgia's is relegated to having to hire a DC, Jeremy Pruitt, who had all of one year experience as a DC and was all of 6 or 7 years removed from being an assistant coach at a high school before UGA hired him and an OC whose accomplishments in the NFL were next to nothing when UGA hired him? Bottom line is that a good coach will have Miami contending for a NC title lot sooner than UGA will be contending for a NC title.

Law98gator;n305706 said:
If they wait until next year, they are definitely playing second fiddle to UTw.

Texas isn't firing Charlie Strong this year and most likely aren't next year either. If you knew a 10% of what you think you know about football, you might actually bring some value to the board. As it stands, your belief that Muschamp was a great hire when it was first announced and your belief that McElwain was a bad hire when first announced, both of which are well documented, let us know just how little you really know.

Bottom line is the Georgia job, while not as clownish of a job as you are a poster, isn't the great job you would have us believe.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: Panties in a wad?

Yeah, USCw hires west coast guys like Sarkisian and Kiffin. No the Vandycocks aren't as good as Ugly. Nor is Vatech. Every year there will be a many midlevel jobs open like Vatech and Vandycock, whether ugly fires him this year or next.

Miami is going to pony up? I'll believe it when I see it. I'd be less surprised if they folded their program altogether.

Strong is a dead man walking. We all may like him but he has already plowed the iceberg.

Pruitt? How do I explain it? I don't know how to explain Pruitt (or his protege Collins). As for Pruitt though, never look a gift horse in the mouth. Just be glad he's there.

FWIW, I don't think Fooley Jr fires Richt.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Go ahead, fire him, he wouldn't be unemployed long. Look at all the vacancies. Buyer's market.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Law98gator;n305799 said:
:lol: Panties in a wad?

Not at all. Quite the contrary, I'm enjoying pointing out more of your BS that you wished wasn't memorialized on the web, what with all of the personal attacks and insults you've hurled at many on this board, including me, while being wrong about so much of what you've posited. How's that 4-8 prediction for our 2015 season working out for you? Or McElwain being a bad hire? Or Martez Ivey most likely not seeing the field this year b/c he came from a run oriented high school, wouldn't be able to pass block in the SEC and was most likely too tall to effectively run block at the collegiate level? etc., etc., etc.

Law98gator;n305799 said:
Yeah, USCw hires west coast guys like Sarkisian and Kiffin.

Oh, thanks for clarifying your reference was a geographical one. I didn't realize until you enlightened me that the University of Tennessee was now on the west coast or that Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, New England and all those other places Pete Carroll coached at prior to USC were also on the west coast. I guess I should ask for a refund from the schools I went to because it seems they did a poor job teaching me about the layout of the U.S.A. But, yeah, I clearly see now that you pointed it out that USCw clearly limits their coaching hires to "west coast guys".

Law98gator;n305799 said:
I don't know how to explain Pruitt (or his protege Collins).

You're not referring to our DC Collins, are you?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
GatorInGeorgia;n305788 said:
Maybe you can explain to us how a program as great as Georgia's is relegated to having to hire a DC, Jeremy Pruitt, who had all of one year experience as a DC and was all of 6 or 7 years removed from being an assistant coach at a high school before UGA hired him and an OC whose accomplishments in the NFL were next to nothing when UGA hired him?

I can't explain the OC hire, but the DC hire was simply someone getting tricked. During the whole FSU title run every, and I mean every publication I read talked non-stop about how Pruitt was the next big thing in coaching and it was a matter of time before he racked up titles. Hell when they hired him many predicted them to win the national title just on him alone. Basically everyone got way ahead of themselves on the shiny new toy before knowing if it worked and it's now biting them in the behind. Auburn is in the same boat this year. Go all in on the D-Coordinator that really isn't that good.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n305817 said:
Not at all. Quite the contrary, I'm enjoying pointing out more of your BS that you wished wasn't memorialized on the web, what with all of the personal attacks and insults you've hurled at many on this board, including me, while being wrong about so much of what you've posited. How's that 4-8 prediction for our 2015 season working out for you? Or McElwain being a bad hire? Or Martez Ivey most likely not seeing the field this year b/c he came from a run oriented high school, wouldn't be able to pass block in the SEC and was most likely too tall to effectively run block at the collegiate level? etc., etc., etc.

Oh, thanks for clarifying your reference was a geographical one. I didn't realize until you enlightened me that the University of Tennessee was now on the west coast or that Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, New England and all those other places Pete Carroll coached at prior to USC were also on the west coast. I guess I should ask for a refund from the schools I went to because it seems they did a poor job teaching me about the layout of the U.S.A. But, yeah, I clearly see now that you pointed it out that USCw clearly limits their coaching hires to "west coast guys".

You're not referring to our DC Collins, are you?

:beating:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2061572-you-mad-bro.jpg

Oh, he mad. He seems quite psychologically involved in this thread. If it makes you feel any better GIG/PDS, I will sign the petition to keep Richtrolled. You're not a big buddy with McGarrity also are you?

We have an odd dynamic with so many people being so angry about winning.

I think he is still mad at me making fun of his Stetson degree.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n305824 said:
2061572-you-mad-bro.jpg

Oh, he mad. He seems quite psychologically involved in this thread. If it makes you feel any better GIG/PDS, I will sign the petition to keep Richtrolled. You're not a big buddy with McGarrity also are you?

So Law, you calling him a mad Hatter ?

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt he's stupid enough to go to Miami. He still has splinters on his bottom from riding the bench back when he was there. He IS pitiful however. Even their message board fellow, aptly named Leghumper, was wishing they had Mac, already ruing Mac's future dominance that was on display Saturday. Funny.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
backstop13;n305543 said:
UGA needs to go hire Muschamp. He's the best candidate for the job. At least that's the rumor I'm trying to spread...
Even Georgia is not stupid enough to hire that clown.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
How's that 4-8 prediction for our 2015 season working out for you? Or McElwain being a bad hire? Or Martez Ivey most likely not seeing the field this year b/c he came from a run oriented high school, wouldn't be able to pass block in the SEC and was most likely too tall to effectively run block at the collegiate level? etc., etc., etc.
:burn: I gotta give this one a BAZINGA..............times 5. And still mad about making fun of his Stetson degree.........I almost spit my SPecial K on that one, Now would that be the Stetson Law degree or undergrad cause I heard that Stetson was a great school .........just weak in football :lmao: but I think they have a win over UF ...........in the early 1900s

THIS THREAD DELIVERS..........

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
So, this year and last year were 2 of the worst coached games I've seen (excluding Muschamp). However, can we start a Kickstarter fund to get UGA to keep Richt?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;305824 said:
2061572-you-mad-bro.jpg

rogdochar;305842 said:
So Law, you calling him a mad Hatter ?

:rimshot:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n305517 said:
.............. . But Miami is about 10 years behind other power 5 schools in the arms race.

- No stadium,

- no IPF,

- old locker rooms

- and training facilities
are not going to attract the talent needed to compete like Miami did in the 80's and 90's.

I'd say that puts them a lil' more than just 10 years behind in today's world...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator