Gator Basketball Todd Golden new Florida Men's Basketball Coach; hires Taurean Green

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is just a Boring hire...............

I find myself thinking, "I'm not surprised by anything Strickland does."

I don't think I'll live long enough to see UF BB relevant again.... Crackers!!!!!

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Like any new coach we hire, I will give them a chance. But the initial impression is this is a stretch hire. Something you do after a Billy D type leaves not after a Mike W leaves.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's the Michael Strahan gap. High schoolers are going to flock to play for this guy.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
His wife is a 6 at best. Does not make me feel giddy about his confidence level.

Gotta research everything these days...internet and all.
That’s a good point. I never thought of it that way. I always considered a man with a < 6 wife meant he was all in on his job. But, you raise an interesting point.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Perhaps Golden Shower is a great recruiter but while at USF did he bring in any players such as some of the other USF coaches like a Bill Russell, KC Jones, Bill Cartwright, Quinten Dailey, Winfred Boynes, etc? Okay Okay I get it different era and some these guys were great NBA players and some were well great prisoners. but hey they could all ball.!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The guy oozes masculinity. :lol:

WTF is stuck between his front teeth?

Skinny trousers? Have we hired a soy boy?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’m intrigued. Analytically driven with a modern flare. Polar opposite of White.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m intrigued. Analytically driven with a modern flare. Polar opposite of White.

I'm intrigued as well. Seems to be a strong gameday coach, which was not White at all. We'll know in the next couple years if he can recruit well enough to be successful.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Who really knows if he will cut it here, but I was ready for something different. This appears much different, so we shall see.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I hate him.

The gap in his teeth.

The double "wtf" hands.

Skinny trousers??

Tennis shoes with a suit?

His name is gay. I can hear the Golden Showers cat calls already.

SS really screwed up this hire.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
I like the hire. Lets give him a chance.

Article in the athletic.

The tenants of Golden’s philosophy is mining analytics to “find incremental advantages against our opponents, whether it’s in-game or macro level.” That process includes:

• Not auto-benching players with two fouls in the first half, because first-half minutes are just as valuable as second-half minutes.
  • Open 3s are a priority, but uncontested midrange jumpers for some players are preferable to step-back contested 3s.
  • Stressing practice data with players to chart their scoring strengths and development.
  • Tracking deflections and defensive rotation errors.
  • Intentional fouling in advantageous one-and-one situations.
  • Crediting “virtual” assists when ballhandlers made the proper pass regardless of whether the resulting shot went in.
  • Using data to chart player value on the AAU circuit.

“Just like with Billy Donovan, there’s some NBA potential for Todd down the line as well,” a source said. “The Warriors have been to his practices. The Lakers know about him, too. He has a Steve Kerr vibe to him.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator