Gator Basketball Todd Golden new Florida Men's Basketball Coach; hires Taurean Green

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
While it's looking more like he got the football hire right, he may be 1-2 after this hire. Let's hope it's 2-1.

Stricklin's seat shouldn't be cool. That's for sure.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think the gap in the teeth is the dealbreaker. That's the kind of thing that enrages people, just the sight of it.
Oh, he'll be spitting tobacco juice through it once we southernize him...lol. Or.. they'll make it go away. Remember how they whitened Mac's teeth after he got here?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sean Miller goes to Xavier.

Kevin Willard from Seton Hall to Maryland.

Chris Jans from NM State to Mississippi State.

All three hires light years better than ours.

Thanks you Starkville dip****.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Meyer was a huge splash. We went toe to toe with with Notre Dame and stole Urban from them. It was a big deal at the time.

Other than that, you are correct. Nothing said clunker hire like Ron Zook following Spurrier.

Excuse me but it was not a huge splash. Many, many, many posters on whatever board we were on at the time condemned Meyer and the hire because he did not have SEC level experience.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Sean Miller goes to Xavier.

Kevin Willard from Seton Hall to Maryland.

Chris Jans from NM State to Mississippi State.

All three hires light years better than ours.

Thanks you Starkville dip****.

Sean Miller was never going to happen. Hell, it may not happen for another year for Xavier if the NCAA drops the hammer and suspends him. (I've seen a few games up to a year suspension talked about).
Kevin Willard has made the Big Dance 6 times in 15 years!
You may be right about Jans, but he's by no means a sure thing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Excuse me but it was not a huge splash. Many, many, many posters on whatever board we were on at the time condemned Meyer and the hire because he did not have SEC level experience.
Nationally it was a huge splash. A few asshats on message boards didn't change that.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Nationally it was a huge splash. A few asshats on message boards didn't change that.

More than a few. It was probably half of the board. It was the gator sports board and several of them have posted here and probably still do. You were probably one of them.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Before we argue any more about splash hires, it might be helpful to differentiate between the different types.

Green Splash Hire
Tidal Splash Hire
Belly Splash Hire

Meyer to UF was a greenie, Saban to Bama was a tidal, and Kelly to UCLA … for sure a belly splash.

Thanks.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Before we argue any more about splash hires, it might be helpful to differentiate between the different types.

Green Splash Hire
Tidal Splash Hire
Belly Splash Hire

Meyer to UF was a greenie, Saban to Bama was a tidal, and Kelly to UCLA … for sure a belly splash.

Thanks.

I am not against this.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The guy oozes masculinity. :lol:

WTF is stuck between his front teeth?

View attachment 41320 View attachment 41321 View attachment 41322

Look at the bright side, it's hard to narrow down one thing to make fun of him about. I like that Stricklin is keeping the options open with this hire.

Slevin pants? Check
Bushy eyebrows? Check
Radar dish ears? Check
No cheekbones or square jaw? Check
Crooked smile? Check
Tooth gap? Michael Strahan for days

It's like this hire was tailor-made for GatorChatter and our notorious nicknames. Can't wait!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Look at the bright side, it's hard to narrow down one thing to make fun of him about. I like that Stricklin is keeping the options open with this hire.

Slevin pants? Check
Bushy eyebrows? Check
Radar dish ears? Check
No cheekbones or square jaw? Check
Crooked smile? Check
Tooth gap? Michael Strahan for days

It's like this hire was tailor-made for GatorChatter and our notorious nicknames. Can't wait!

So in other words, we just hired Slevin.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Sometimes it's hard to be open about a hire. Real hard. But welcome to Gainesville Coach Todd Golden. Now how's that. Billy Napier you better come through big time boy. That's all I've got to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.