Gator Basketball Todd Golden new Florida Men's Basketball Coach; hires Taurean Green

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Since UF and the UAA actually profited $9million or so to end the Mike White error of UF basketball, I say they use the money to reimburse fans who bought tickets to Gator BBall games under White.

It's an excellent gesture to reignite the fan base.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Great news about White. Nice guy so I won’t denigrate him, but do wish him continued mediocrity in leg humper town.

BUT, seriously, there is no way UF will consider Pitino. And Shaka couldn’t do anything at UT; why would things be different at UF?

Rick Barnes also didn't do much at Texas... And look at him now.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
So I think its relevant, since we were all regularly bombarded with Billy/Mike comparisons for years, to provide a final nail in the coffin that was the Mike White error of UF basketball.

Billy - .715 UF winning percentage; 7 SEC reg season titles; 14 NCAAT appearances and two NCs; 35-12 NCAAT record; 1 consensus All-American players; 24 players with NBA experience; career 17-29 record vs Kentucky

Mike - .617 UF winning percentage; 0 SEC reg season titles; 4 NCAAT appearances and 0 NCs; 6-4 NCAAT record; 0 consensus All-American players; 2 players with NBA experience; career 4-10 record vs Kentucky

Biggest stat to gauge success - NCAAT record. Billy was 25-5 in his last 30 games in the Dance.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pitino only has a few years left so that works against us in recruiting. Scott Drew would be great but I don't see him leaving there and what he has built at Baylor. McMahon should be the guy we are targeting. He is young and can relate with the young generation of players. He would be able to recruit and bring renewed excitement into the program.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
A pox on the puppies...I can't believe their fans are even the least bit happy about the fact they replace one loser with another...AND we didn't have to pony up any more shekels to get him gone...GO Gators...:jog:

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Yes we hate UGly, but GAWD DAMN I can't help but love them for seeing something in Mired in Mediocrity Mike. I just saw the news and literally thought it was a joke. Thank you Jesus!!!!!
Took the words right outa my mouf

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Since UF and the UAA actually profited $9million or so to end the Mike White error of UF basketball, I say they use the money to reimburse fans who bought tickets to Gator BBall games under White.

...Or use that money to make sure we attract the HC who will revive Florida Basketball.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

You are correct. The era was an error.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
well other than the fact that he's the will muschamp of college bball, he'd be a great hire.
You're probably right. I just remember scar always playing us very tough back before my apathy began setting in. Not really a recommendation, just thinking out loud...

Speaking of recommendations, maybe strick should call Billy for some advice.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

giphy.gif

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Brad Underwood. Although he had penalties put on Okie State in his 1 season there, so admin may steer clear. Enfield at USC just got an extension so he's out of the running I suppose, but he might want to return to Florida where he was before USC.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rick Barnes also didn't do much at Texas... And look at him now.

Rick Barnes did very well at Texas other than his tournament performance most years.

He recruited extremely well and always had his teams ranked and good seeds in the tournament.
His only weakness was the tournament, which became a glaring weakness over time.

I am NOT endorsing Barnes by any means for several reasons including his tournament record but you just can’t say that he didn’t do much at Texas because he did.

He is performing at the same level at Tennessee in both the regular season and the tournament.
He’s a really good coach I just don’t think he’s as good as we need right now but most schools would love to have him.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So, he thinks we should've been HAPPY with white's dismantling project of the House that Billy built? What's he been drinking?

All kidding aside, it’s time for a media intervention or something.
I have thought that Buddy was a washed up clown for quite some time but now he’s crossed the line to where he is a danger to himself and to the media as a whole.

Is there a local media Star Chamber or secret monitoring system that can help this poor man find his way to a beach chair somewhere?

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I've stated several times Bennett is a no brainer. That guy can flat out coach'em up and the fact that he has been sooo competitive in the ACC and won a natty with that admin office at UVA is nothing short of miraculous. Even Moses realizes that winning a natty at UVa is tougher than parting the red sea. He's not going to stay at Uva for much longer. If he were to take the Louisville job at some point....look out..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.