Toney & Hendo both get the coveted #1 jersey

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I like the tradition that Notre Dame, Penn State, and the Military Academies have of not putting numbers on their jerseys to show that it's "all about the team, not the individual." I think we should adopt a tradition of not having numbers on our jerseys as well. That would solve this problem.

I think you mean 'not putting NAMES on their jerseys', as they have to have numbers in order to assign penalties and stats.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So I just finished figuring out how many times Toney either lost yards or was held to no gain on a touch last season. You ready to have your minds blown?

He had exactly TWO plays last year where he lost yards on a touch, once against Vandy and once against South Carolina.

He also had exactly TWO plays last year where he gained no yards on a touch, once against UGA and once against Michigan.

Add those to the one play he lost against Miami and he's had 5 touches the last two years where he either failed to gain a yard or lost yards. That's 5 out of 50 touches on scrimmage plays (so not counting punt or kick returns). So can we put this weird episode to bed now?

I am way too lazy to validate your findings so I guess I will accept it as truth. I will wipe the slate clean in my mind for him and reset my attitude towards his play. I can't help disliking the guys that dont get downfield fast and have always thought those are the guys you get the ball to at the 2nd level and not behind the LOS ... but he is who he is and I guess that isn't who I thought he is.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
2nd&11@MIA37 = -6y run for loss

To return to Toney's last touch of the game - it occurred at 12:20 mark of the 3rd quarter, coaches never went back to him. Reading IAKOW, the inference is that coaches weren't too pleased he went Toney on the play rather than executing the run around the end as designed. Maybe he'll improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.