Total Eclipse USA

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
On April 8th (2024) there will be a total eclipse across parts of North America. People are going crazy to travel to the best spots. You can view what it will look like from your area at Total solar eclipse of April 8, 2024 - Information about the Great North American Eclipse | eclipse2024.org

Western KY will have a path of totality but Lexington is not in it. If the weather is clear we will only show a sliver of the sun at the peak. Delta has two flights from DFW to Detroit to view the eclipse in the air. Hope you get the correct side of the plane! By popular demand: Delta adds second eclipse path-of-totality flight

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Eclipse mania grips Texas! Austin declares state of emergency as AirBnbs rent for $1,000 a NIGHT with thousands flocking to see rare total eclipse on April 8​

• At least a million visitors are expected to travel to Central Texas to view the eclipse
  • Travis County, home to Austin, is the latest to declare a state of emergency ahead of April 8
  • Towns and cities are expected their populations to double or triple ahead of the celestial phenomenon

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m heading to the Ozarks to see it.

Experiencing a total eclipse is a real wonder.

I saw the 2017 on the top of Blood Mountain…with 250 of my closest friends. If not more.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
The one in 2017 went right over the property we now own in WY. Would loved to have been there to see it. We did get to go to my wife's hometown in NE to see it very well, but it would have been cool on our own homestead.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just be careful…

Keeping Up With The Kardashians No GIF by E!

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I will not have the opportunity to view the April eclipse since I am in Hawaii for the next few weeks. Of course though, if we finish and I get back home in time then
giphy.gif

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
IMG_6738.jpeg

In Lexington we will have 96% coverage
They may even let the kids out of school for it

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I remember when I was in 6th or 7th grade there was an eclipse. We didn't get out of school for it. We only got to leave the classroom and go outside to view it. :shakehead:
And now you are blind and your teachers have been sued and fired.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
And now you are blind and your teachers have been sued and fired.
Well, I was blind but I never thought to sue the teachers. It's too late now because they are all either dead or have dementia...

FWIW, I really was legally blind but didn't know it. Had Lasek surgery and now see almost perfectly at distances. Near vision is horrible...

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
View attachment 68222

In Lexington we will have 96% coverage
They may even let the kids out of school for it
Let the kids out of school? WTF?

I remember an eclipse when I was in elementary school. The science teacher got us all glasses and we all made those viewing boxes. It was a great day doing science outdoors AT school.

Edit: see I wasn't the only one!

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020

I remember an eclipse when I was in elementary school. The science teacher got us all glasses and we all made those viewing boxes. It was a great day doing science outdoors AT school.

Our science teacher didn't get us any glasses but she did try to get us to make viewing boxes. It wasn't very effective for me that I can recall...

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Our science teacher didn't get us any glasses but she did try to get us to make viewing boxes. It wasn't very effective for me that I can recall...
Well, you were blind. Just sayin'.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

The concern that the district is saying is that the eclipse will happen around 3pm in our area. They didn’t want the kids on the buses where they would either miss it or be unsupervised viewing it. Makes sense if you look at it through that lens, so to speak. We will have 96% coverage in our area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.