Total Eclipse USA

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
The concern that the district is saying is that the eclipse will happen around 3pm in our area. They didn’t want the kids on the buses where they would either miss it or be unsupervised viewing it. Makes sense if you look at it through that lens, so to speak. We will have 96% coverage in our area.
So they can't just have an early dismissal - or a late start/late dismissal. Just take the day off. Fuching school admins and teachers will do anything for another day off!

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
So they can't just have an early dismissal - or a late start/late dismissal. Just take the day off. Fuching school admins and teachers will do anything for another day off!
OR keep them in school until the eclipse is over.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Getting on the road to AR Early sat morning.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Getting on the road to AR Early sat morning.
Where in AR?

We'll have 100% coverage for 3 min where I live. Schools are cancelled for the day because we're expecting tons of visitors. Traffic, especially during pickup times, would be ridiculous.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Where in AR?

We'll have 100% coverage for 3 min where I live. Schools are cancelled for the day because we're expecting tons of visitors. Traffic, especially during pickup times, would be ridiculous.
Hurricane wilderness.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hurricane wilderness.
Nice. I've actually never been there, but I've been several places around that area. That part of the state is really pretty. I hope the weather is good for you and your crew.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nice. I've actually never been there, but I've been several places around that area. That part of the state is really pretty. I hope the weather is good for you and your crew.
I drove through there quickly about 3 years ago. Went to the Walmart art museum. Always wanted to spend time in the Bostons. Thanks. Will get a little wet but that’s ok.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Our local weather guy was saying this morning that most of the affected areas will be covered with clouds for the most part. Not sure I would want to drive 350+ miles to experience totality with the cloud cover if he was correct...

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Going to be just north of Russellville.

If you have not experienced a full solar eclipse I suggest you put it in your bucket list.

I’m thinking about getting in the car/truck and driving north to see the aurora if there is a storm this next winter. Would love taking a week + trip way up there.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Houlton, Maine has the best forecast. Sunny skies. Totality down to just over 3 minutes, but still longer than the 2017 eclipse.

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I’m about 70 miles east of Kerrville.
And of course I’ll be in Seattle next week

homer simpson doh GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.