Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No way Jose. The colts have no intention of having him playing QB. Don’t you know they aren’t impressed with his “ pitching of pigskin”? He will make a fine fourth team tight end .

As for Billy, you saw his offense without the terrible Richardson in the wretched bowl game performance . It didn’t find the end zone against the beavers for gods sake . The knuckleheads like Daryl try to pimp sally Miller over AR despite what everyone can see with their own two eyes . It’s shameful
Your IQ seems to get lower with every post. This may be the dumbest group of words ever spilled out on the Chatter. I'm still a big fan of yours, however.

Dude, don't watch the games this year. You won't enjoy them if we lose (obviously), but the fact is you won't enjoy them if we win either, as you hate Billy and don't want his stay extended. Pull the ripcord and bail out.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
On the AR issue, we will see what Indy runs, but I think it is hard to deny AR would have been better in a more traditional spread concept last year. I expect the Colts to lean into that as NFL teams rise or fall based on the QB, who they hope to have for 5-10 years if successful. Whereas, the long-term future of UF's program is not tied to running what AR does best, even if last season would have had better results. AR goes pro either way, and until the NIL fiasco, Napier had back to back highly rated QBs coming in to the system he was showing on the field.

Napier chose system over player in what he likely saw as a wasted year. He apparently loves and believes in that system. If he misplaces that belief, he will be fired. Right now the results are not great. Playing the tighter splits, running play action, and having one receiver so far behind the line on those deep motions, all crowd the middle of the field in a way that is not helpful to a mobile QB. Limited receiver options (often just 2-3 receiver plays), also hurts AR as it requires less DBs to cover and permits easier spying/coverage to protect against the scramble. But, the same concepts can help when you get better WRs and an experienced QB. Those tighter splits can result in greater isolation on the outside for WRs that can create separation. To that point, more than a Mertz v Lagway v AR comparison, it is possible the WRs make a larger impact in the offense than the QBs over the next two years.

Ultimately, I think NFL teams could see, just like us, that the scheme did not help AR. AR also had his own seeming emotional/mental toughness issues to work through that could have existed even in a more tailored system.

Whether the decision to push his offense instead of tailor it to AR is a good decision long-term, will play out over the next 2 years. If it doesn't show up by then, year 4 will be a brutal waiting period even with Lagway being on campus for a year. Lagway shows amazing flashes, but also some real consistency and accuracy problems too, without being as good of a runner.

Last point - if Simmons shows up first, I don't think Lagway ever plays at UF. Simmons looks very legit on film.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If the system stays similar to last year, I don't see us having the old school difference between a SS and a FS. Plus, teams motion so much now to switch those asisgnments if we do play that way. The Nickel/star is part of the lack of a distinction too. Can this guy fit into 1 of those 3 spots.

Yeah, I have no idea. Hoping.

Also, did you really leave that last statement hanging out there? At close to 11 at night, no less? :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No question. The Colts spent a top 4 draft choice with the plan of turning Anthony into the next Dwayne Allen or lesser version of Dallas Clark. They aren't the least bit impressed of his potential at QB or his ''pigskin pitching''. Pinhead take Daryl, Pinhead take

Live look at Gatorbait25’s Rageaholics meetings.

1683129277667.gif

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Yeah, I have no idea. Hoping.

Also, did you really leave that last statement hanging out there? At close to 11 at night, no less? :lol:
I haven't seen a minute of his film. Size and being called a tweener by Scouts suggest he could be a Star, as do his supposed plus coverage skills. But, the write ups and reviews also suggest he is a poor tackler. If that is true, I'm not sure how we play him so close to the line as a key run stopper. Star is where we are thinnest and is crucial, so maybe that is the intent. None of the beat guys are suggesting that though, so perhaps he is being told he'll compete for one of the safety spots.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
On the AR issue, we will see what Indy runs, but I think it is hard to deny AR would have been better in a more traditional spread concept last year. I expect the Colts to lean into that as NFL teams rise or fall based on the QB, who they hope to have for 5-10 years if successful. Whereas, the long-term future of UF's program is not tied to running what AR does best, even if last season would have had better results. AR goes pro either way, and until the NIL fiasco, Napier had back to back highly rated QBs coming in to the system he was showing on the field.

Napier chose system over player in what he likely saw as a wasted year. He apparently loves and believes in that system. If he misplaces that belief, he will be fired. Right now the results are not great. Playing the tighter splits, running play action, and having one receiver so far behind the line on those deep motions, all crowd the middle of the field in a way that is not helpful to a mobile QB. Limited receiver options (often just 2-3 receiver plays), also hurts AR as it requires less DBs to cover and permits easier spying/coverage to protect against the scramble. But, the same concepts can help when you get better WRs and an experienced QB. Those tighter splits can result in greater isolation on the outside for WRs that can create separation. To that point, more than a Mertz v Lagway v AR comparison, it is possible the WRs make a larger impact in the offense than the QBs over the next two years.

Ultimately, I think NFL teams could see, just like us, that the scheme did not help AR. AR also had his own seeming emotional/mental toughness issues to work through that could have existed even in a more tailored system.

Whether the decision to push his offense instead of tailor it to AR is a good decision long-term, will play out over the next 2 years. If it doesn't show up by then, year 4 will be a brutal waiting period even with Lagway being on campus for a year. Lagway shows amazing flashes, but also some real consistency and accuracy problems too, without being as good of a runner.

Last point - if Simmons shows up first, I don't think Lagway ever plays at UF. Simmons looks very legit on film.
Thank you for the post.

I really just do not understand Napier's apparent infatuation with the motion man. It seems like a waste, and looks silly. What other successful offenses use that prank? If all the motion ever does is dance around behind the line, why would a defense react? To me, it's dumbfounding. Do something with it so it's taken seriously.

Who is Simmons, a transfer? If Lagway gets lured away(or scurred) by another QB that's fine. But where else would he go that has a QB room so bare there is less than one legitimate player to compete with?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
No question. The Colts spent a top 4 draft choice with the plan of turning Anthony into the next Dwayne Allen or lesser version of Dallas Clark. They aren't the least bit impressed of his potential at QB or his ''pigskin pitching''. Pinhead take Daryl, Pinhead take
Lmao. You literally just agreed with me that they drafted him on “potential” givin his athleticism, not his actual production in college.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Yep, zook and muschamp and all the rest of em got fired bc of those dang sorry players.
Coaches coach, players play, the team wins and loses together. And those losses get the Coach fired at the college level. In the pros the coach gets fired and the player gets cut.

Really not that difficult. But with you two, maybe it is

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Thank you for the post.

I really just do not understand Napier's apparent infatuation with the motion man. It seems like a waste, and looks silly. What other successful offenses use that prank? If all the motion ever does is dance around behind the line, why would a defense react? To me, it's dumbfounding. Do something with it so it's taken seriously.

Who is Simmons, a transfer? If Lagway gets lured away(or scurred) by another QB that's fine. But where else would he go that has a QB room so bare there is less than one legitimate player to compete with?
Billy didn’t invent motion, it serves a purpose just like playaction ect.

Coaches call it pulling the string, like you’re playing with a cat and you pull a string to distract him while you set your plan in place around him.
Also motion is a good way to make the defense tip their hand in what coverage they’re in as well as moving a defender away from where you’re trying to go.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Coaches coach, players play, the team wins and loses together. And those losses get the Coach fired at the college level. In the pros the coach gets fired and the player gets cut.

Really not that difficult. But with you two, maybe it is
Oh no, you don't get to spin it now. Your post put the blame solely on the players.

"Coaches get fired when players lose games."

I hope Napier works out for your sake bc you won't be able to come back here if he doesn't. You've buried your tongue so far up his @sshole you're tasting his lunch.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Oh no, you don't get to spin it now. Your post put the blame solely on the players.

I hope Napier works out for your sake bc you won't be able to come back here if he doesn't. You've buried your tongue so far up his @sshole you're tasting his lunch.
Your buddy said I don’t go against the team but I want the HC fired. Please explain how that happens without the team losing unless the HC gets caught doing blow off strippers asses

Which is highly unlikely

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017

You’re always quick with the gay

I know this is a safe place? But Does your Dad know?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
If motion isn’t used or respected, it is a waste of time.
If it’s not respected that’s when you hit that player for a big gain

If my guy motions and you don’t move, I just overloaded one side of your defense for a run that way or put more guys to that side where I’ll have your backer on my receiver in coverage. That’s money to me.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If motion isn’t used or respected, it is a waste of time.
You'd think that point would be obvious bc it was literally the entire point of the post. But instead we get a generic google search definition of football pre snap motion as if no one on this board has ever seen or understands the concept.

I wonder if the google search mentioned that if the motion never ends up being involved in the play, after a few snaps it becomes useless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator