Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Billy didn’t invent motion, it serves a purpose just like playaction ect.

Coaches call it pulling the string, like you’re playing with a cat and you pull a string to distract him while you set your plan in place around him.
Also motion is a good way to make the defense tip their hand in what coverage they’re in as well as moving a defender away from where you’re trying to go.
Mmm, yes. We've got them right where we want them, :)

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You’re the one thinking of tongues n men’s asses while talking football.
You're the one ramming yours up into potater's backside and waving it in all our faces. Frankly I'm confused as to how you think I or anyone else wouldn't notice?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
You're the one ramming yours up into potater's backside and waving it in all our faces. Frankly I'm confused as to how you think I or anyone else wouldn't notice?
The rest of us are just talking football. Don’t be ashamed that you’re alone in going to your inner happy place where men Fk each other

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
QB still has to hit the pass tho
So, there's a catch? I don't often remember details. So, the man in motion would have otherwise been a receiving target, most of the time. Correct? It's just that I do not remember the decoy being in on a play after the snap. Am I wrong? But if that's the sacrifice, a man that's never in the play after the snap, a defense, regardless of what they then give away, disregards the motion after the snap. Motion once in a while seems reasonable.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
So, there's a catch? I don't often remember details. So, the man in motion would have otherwise been a receiving target, most of the time. Correct? It's just that I do not remember the decoy being in on a play after the snap. Am I wrong? But if that's the sacrifice, a man that's never in the play after the snap, a defense, regardless of what they then give away, disregards the motion after the snap. Motion once in a while seems reasonable.
I can’t say why Billy ran motion, Id assume he ran it like we did to move defenders either for a numbers advantage or to move that guy covering him who’s a stud tackler away from where we wanted to run or in the passing game it was to flood one side of the field or hit a quick screen ect

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I can’t say why Billy ran motion, Id assume he ran it like we did to move defenders either for a numbers advantage or to move that guy covering him who’s a stud tackler away from where we wanted to run or in the passing game it was to flood one side of the field or hit a quick screen ect
I will need to pay better attention. I just don't recall it helping, But, this season is a new season so maybe we see it pay off or perhaps even used less.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Who is Simmons, a transfer? If Lagway gets lured away(or scurred) by another QB that's fine. But where else would he go that has a QB room so bare there is less than one legitimate player to compete with?
Simmons is the 2025 QB commit that is supposedly considering reclassifying for the 2023 class. He is home schooled and done with HS courses, plus he is an older sophomore, who would be 17 at enrollment. He's also bigger today than Rashada. My point is I think Simmons would start the first two years Lagway would be on campus (barring injury) and most 5 Stars like Lagway aren't excited about sitting out now that they can transfer freely. So, if Simmons comes in 23, plays in 24 over a newly arriving Lagway, and seems like he is still ahead in 25 (I think he will be based on film of the two), I think Lagway leaves for 2025 to play immediately somewhere else.

To the motion discussion, motion can have a lot of great benefits, though having the very deep orbit motion where we are often snapping with the motion guy still in the box as our regular motion package (opposed to an occasional gimmick) is perplexing and reduces the typical benefits of motion (forcing isolated and more favorable matchups and reading the defense pre-snap). My issue with it last year is it further tightened the middle of the field and added guys to the box at the snap, which could be helpful for something Napier is trying to do schematically, but is not helpful for AR's skillset.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Simmons is the 2025 QB commit that is supposedly considering reclassifying for the 2023 class. He is home schooled and done with HS courses, plus he is an older sophomore, who would be 17 at enrollment. He's also bigger today than Rashada. My point is I think Simmons would start the first two years Lagway would be on campus (barring injury) and most 5 Stars like Lagway aren't excited about sitting out now that they can transfer freely. So, if Simmons comes in 23, plays in 24 over a newly arriving Lagway, and seems like he is still ahead in 25 (I think he will be based on film of the two), I think Lagway leaves for 2025 to play immediately somewhere else.

To the motion discussion, motion can have a lot of great benefits, though having the very deep orbit motion where we are often snapping with the motion guy still in the box as our regular motion package (opposed to an occasional gimmick) is perplexing and reduces the typical benefits of motion (forcing isolated and more favorable matchups and reading the defense pre-snap). My issue with it last year is it further tightened the middle of the field and added guys to the box at the snap, which could be helpful for something Napier is trying to do schematically, but is not helpful for AR's skillset.
Thanks for the information on motion, Re Lagway, if the scenario is that we have a good QB and Lagway transfers, so be it. I was perceiving that because of Simmons, Lagway does not sign, which would be a loss. If he signs and loses out to an objectively better option, then leaves, we still have a QB.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lmao. You literally just agreed with me that they drafted him on “potential” givin his athleticism, not his actual production in college.
Potential is a big part of any draft choice . Especially at that position. I’m not agreeing with you as much as it is standard operating procedure and common sense .

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Your buddy said I don’t go against the team but I want the HC fired. Please explain how that happens without the team losing unless the HC gets caught doing blow off strippers asses

Which is highly unlikely
I see the writing on the wall with Billy bob . It doesn’t mean I’m not going to pull like hell for our guys and by that I mean FOOTBALL PlAYERS. Hopefully I’m wrong and Billy actually lifts a crystal football here for our gators ,but dude looks like Mac 2.0 at best .I hope that is clear enough .

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Thanks for the information on motion, Re Lagway, if the scenario is that we have a good QB and Lagway transfers, so be it. I was perceiving that because of Simmons, Lagway does not sign, which would be a loss. If he signs and loses out to an objectively better option, then leaves, we still have a QB.
Yeah, I seriously doubt Lagway would be scared off by Simmons. Like most excellent QBs, he seems pretty sure of himself - which is a good thing!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On AR, image Doug Johnson, only he’s athletic and throws worse, which is a low bar

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I see the writing on the wall with Billy bob . It doesn’t mean I’m not going to pull like hell for our guys and by that I mean FOOTBALL PlAYERS. Hopefully I’m wrong and Billy actually lifts a crystal football here for our gators ,but dude looks like Mac 2.0 at best .I hope that is clear enough .
I would never respond this way if your post was about any of the three previous HCs, but I think CBN is going to turn out fine and in the end we’ll be happy we hired him. I fully agree there were a lot of things we saw on the field last fall that were totally unacceptable, but there seems to be a lot of positive changes occurring in every aspect of the program. Unfortunately, the last place we’ll see the results is the one place we care the most about. (I fully expect a serious beat down if I’m wrong and will take it like a man.)

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I would never respond this way if your post was about any of the three previous HCs, but I think CBN is going to turn out fine and in the end we’ll be happy we hired him. I fully agree there were a lot of things we saw on the field last fall that were totally unacceptable, but there seems to be a lot of positive changes occurring in every aspect of the program. Unfortunately, the last place we’ll see the results is the one place we care the most about. (I fully expect a serious beat down if I’m wrong and will take it like a man.)
Off field stuff - infrastructure, crootin, staffing, etc. are all much better positioned and trending positively, but none of that addresses the woeful game plans we saw from week to week, the lack of any in game adjustments, the absolutely dreadful use and non use of timeouts to our detriment and the opponents advantage, the complete void of special teams coaching and woefully basic offensive plays and play calling. About the only positive I can point to for in game improvements is toney being mercifully fired. That just has to be a net positive, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator