Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So is this the thread where we patty cake fight for the next 5 months? Checking for a friend.
Pumpers vs dumpers is bad now, wait until the season starts. After every first down, the pumpers will taunt the dumpers. After every failed first down, the dumpers will mock the pumpers. Should be a hoot.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
No sane person would ever try to argue Sally Miller over Anthony Richardson. Sally should be playing for Miami of Ohio, but sure playing him over a top 5 draft choice makes perfect sense.
Yeah because he went high on his pitching of the pigskin prowess and not his freakish athletic ability.

None of it helped him put the ball on target tho

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
View attachment 57178

No he was passed up because he isn't great. Probably better than what we have. Michigan wasn't concerned with losing him, that should tell you all you need to know.
Well regarding the position he plays and what I feel are the relevant stats on the grid, given his Coverage grade and his missed tackle %, he fits in perfectly with the long lineage of Safeties post RFN.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, so our LBs/Safeties being exposed in coverage only matters in our losses? Gotcha. No way should that game had been a tale of what was to come later, because we won. Wow
I called out our LBs in pass coverage and our slow a s s Safeties. Who covers RBs and TE's again in most zone coverages?

Just stop, this is embarrassing .. I almost feel bad for you
You brought up our LB ability to cover (not safety play) in the last post. I disputed that with Burneys athleticism, game tape and his verified numbers. Also Im well aware how you feel about Torrence/Dean. You've posted on it about 5000 times. It doesn't change the fact it was irrelevant in the previous post , but you are now pivoting to it. I don't care. They are both gone now and it's hard to imagine a worse tandem this year. That said, the safeties will get much better coaching now with Patty four eyes out the door. You better believe that.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017

What are the disadvantages of playing man coverage?​

The most significant disadvantage is that it is easier to get burnt. Since man coverage is tighter, it takes less to get past a defender when running a route. This can lead to big touchdown plays. Since it is easier to get burnt, many teams opt to play zone coverage more often.
----------------------------
Yeah, slow safeties with zero passrush, what could possibly go wrong playing press man? lol

Last edited:

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
You brought up our LB ability to cover (not safety play) in the last post. I disputed that with Burneys athleticism, game tape and his verified numbers. Also Im well aware how you feel about Torrence/Dean. You've posted on it about 5000 times. It doesn't change the fact it was irrelevant in the previous post , but you are now pivoting to it. I don't care. They are both gone now and it's hard to imagine a worse tandem this year. That said, the safeties will get much better coaching now with Patty four eyes out the door. You better believe that.
DL as a group (with hardly any depth) had 12 sacks in 12 games, linebackers got exposed by every TE we faced, we had the slowest safety tandem in the combine
-------------
My post called out both positions.
-------
Dans boys are mostly gone and we have better team speed with some quality depth. ofcourse the Defense will be better this yr
Capt Fkn Obvious over here lol

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
DL as a group (with hardly any depth) had 12 sacks in 12 games, linebackers got exposed by every TE we faced, we had the slowest safety tandem in the combine
-------------
My post called out both positions.
-------
Dans boys are mostly gone and we have better team speed with some quality depth. ofcourse the Defense will be better this yr
Capt Fkn Obvious over here lol
I will tell you this.. Armstrong would have got more of that bunch than Patty did.
The new DC is a huge improvement.. Unfortunately I expect our offense to be among the worst in the league though.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I will tell you this.. Armstrong would have got more of that bunch than Patty did.
The new DC is a huge improvement.. Unfortunately I expect our offense to be among the worst in the league though.
Sure. Thats your opinion that cant be proven or otherwise. So whatever.

Unlike you I root for all our guys. I hope he is the next great DC for UF.
Where's Toney again? Oh yeah, the pros. So obviously ppl who do football for a living disagree with you.

Go Armstrong, Go Gators!

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Seems like a pretty good résumé. I think/hope that Wilson emerges as the starter at FS, but this kid appears to be a starter already on a good defense. You see him behind a current player at SS here?
If the system stays similar to last year, I don't see us having the old school difference between a SS and a FS. Plus, teams motion so much now to switch those asisgnments if we do play that way. The Nickel/star is part of the lack of a distinction too. Can this guy fit into 1 of those 3 spots.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This thread delivers! Reading this has been the most fun here in a while. I'm trying to figure out where Daryl came from all of a sudden aggressively defending Billy Naps. Lol

I thought he was Itraz or Sas reincarnated. Thank for the read fellas! This is the gatorchatter I love. Funny, banter, passionate positions, random rantings, etc

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Attacking first yr HCs is ridiculous to me. Guy really walked into a full blown sh itshow. That and I do want it to work out, hiring a new HC every 2-3 yrs fkn sucks.

That said, I will be less forgiving if I dont see an arc of improvement on this team with mostly his guys out there.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Oh, so our LBs/Safeties being exposed in coverage only matters in our losses? Gotcha. No way should that game had been a tale of what was to come later, because we won. Wow
I called out our LBs in pass coverage and our slow a s s Safeties. Who covers RBs and TE's again in most zone coverages?

Just stop, this is embarrassing .. I almost feel bad for you
I would say the defensive player assigned to the zone the offense player, regardless of his position, is travelling through. That is the philosophy of the zone, right?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah because he went high on his pitching of the pigskin prowess and not his freakish athletic ability.

None of it helped him put the ball on target tho
No question. The Colts spent a top 4 draft choice with the plan of turning Anthony into the next Dwayne Allen or lesser version of Dallas Clark. They aren't the least bit impressed of his potential at QB or his ''pigskin pitching''. Pinhead take Daryl, Pinhead take

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No question. The Colts spent a top 4 draft choice with the plan of turning Anthony into the next Dwayne Allen or lesser version of Dallas Clark. They aren't the least bit impressed of his potential at QB or his ''pigskin pitching''. Pinhead take Daryl, Pinhead take
You said the key word: potential. AR's 13 starts at Florida were mediocre at best. You of course will completely blame the staff for that, but I'm not sure if it's their fault he couldn't complete 5 yard passes. I think there's a reason the "QB whisperer" Mullen also had him on the bench in favor of a terrible Emory Jones.

I'm willing to give Billy more than 13 games of a hideous rebuild before I demand his public execution.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You said the key word: potential. AR's 13 starts at Florida were mediocre at best. You of course will completely blame the staff for that, but I'm not sure if it's their fault he couldn't complete 5 yard passes. I think there's a reason the "QB whisperer" Mullen also had him on the bench in favor of a terrible Emory Jones.

I'm willing to give Billy more than 13 games of a hideous rebuild before I demand his public execution.

Please don’t use Mullen’s decisions on who plays as proof of AR’s deficiencies :lol:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

No way Jose. The colts have no intention of having him playing QB. Don’t you know they aren’t impressed with his “ pitching of pigskin”? He will make a fine fourth team tight end .

As for Billy, you saw his offense without the terrible Richardson in the wretched bowl game performance . It didn’t find the end zone against the beavers for gods sake . The knuckleheads like Daryl try to pimp sally Miller over AR despite what everyone can see with their own two eyes . It’s shameful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.