Recruiting Transfer Portal - Stewart Reese shows up a year late, just like this title change

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I dont consider going to a Little League conference impressive or "playing well".

Well If a guy transfers to say La Tech (probably a "little league conference" to you) plays enough to get drafted and have a so far 3 year NFL career, then it worked out well for the person involve even if you are not impressed. I think the goal of the transferring player is to get on the field or get on the field more and maybe have a shot at the NFL. I do not think the goal of the transferring player is to impress SD.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
I've said this many times:

I think any player should get 1 "Free" Transfer (Any reason)...Especially in the first year or if the coach leaves.

That said, I think a commitment made any time in a HS Senior Year should be binding…No verbals…you sign then and there.

Once you sign…you owe one full season except in the first year BEFORE the first game…No quitting mid- season.

And every player must play the entire season (even BOWLS) before he can declare for the draft. IMO

lol

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I dont consider going to a Little League conference impressive or "playing well".

I agree that transferring to a lower division and doing well isn't "impressive" - because they were recruiting to a top tier Power 5 and essentially failed...but I was just pointing out a few who did see the field at their new school. We could add Treon to that same list! Didn't he get moved to WR at Tennessee State/Tech or wherever it was?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Who was the player under Spurrier that tried to stab another player at the team meal? I think he transferred to South Carolina, can't remember if he stayed out of trouble there and became anything.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I agree that transferring to a lower division and doing well isn't "impressive" - because they were recruiting to a top tier Power 5 and essentially failed...but I was just pointing out a few who did see the field at their new school. We could add Treon to that same list! Didn't he get moved to WR at Tennessee State/Tech or wherever it was?

And the lower tier need good players also...Or do we need to seperate the the Lower Tier into another Div?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Who was the player under Spurrier that tried to stab another player at the team meal? I think he transferred to South Carolina, can't remember if he stayed out of trouble there and became anything.

Darren Hambrick possibly? He did ok his first year at SoCar but was injured his SR year. He played in the NFL for a bit getting in trouble some during that time too:

Darren Hambrick - Wikipedia

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
And this makes you laugh...WHY?

A player can make them-self ineligible any time. All they need to do is:

1. Drop their classes.

2. Take cash from a runner and tell everyone.

3. Develop an "injury."

So there is no way to force them to stay eligible through any game bowl or not.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A player can make them-self ineligible any time. All they need to do is:

1. Drop their classes.

2. Take cash from a runner and tell everyone.

3. Develop an "injury."

4. Take STEROIDS and COCAINE.

So there is no way to force them to stay eligible through any game bowl or not.
FIFY

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I was not trying to limit it to those 3. There are probably 25 more ways for a player to not play in a game.
4. Steroids
5. Get lost on the way to the bus to the bowl game
6. Get caught on camera by TMZ sodomizing a goat
7. Let any one see you wearing a MAGA hat
8. Drink Bleach
9. Date a Kardashian

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Kids should be forced to play in meaningless bowl games instead of prepping for the NFL Draft? It’s a funny statement.

No it's about commitment...a concept that is quickly forgotten today.

If the bowls are meaningless stop having them.

I'm sorry but if I say I'm coming to do something I darn sure try to do it...maybe I'm drunk or stoned...I guess I'm too old school.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
No it's about commitment...a concept that is quickly forgotten today.

If the bowls are meaningless stop having them.

I'm sorry but if I say I'm coming to do something I darn sure try to do it...maybe I'm drunk or stoned...I guess I'm too old school.
You do what you say you are going do and in the situation would play in the bowl. All of last year’s Gators did too even when guys like Chauncey were taking a risk. Given the dollars involved I understand, and truthfully can’t really blame, a player who skips a bowl game and expect someday someone will actually skip a playoff or a championship game. It also makes me really appreciate the guys who do play.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You do what you say you are going do and in the situation would play in the bowl. All of last year’s Gators did too even when guys like Chauncey were taking a risk. Given the dollars involved I understand, and truthfully can’t really blame, a player who skips a bowl game and expect someday someone will actually skip a playoff or a championship game. It also makes me really appreciate the guys who do play.

If the Bowls are meaningless why not drop them...I am in favor of an expanded playoff but many on here are totally against it.

Another approach might be more opening games like UF vs U. Everyone is dying for Football in August. Have the Bowl Cities have Kickoff Classics. Just a thought

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Not sure what the fuss is ... we cant swing a dead cat in our locker room without hitting a 220lb defensive guy these days.
Interesting phrase "swing a dead cat." Parallel to "more than one way to skin a cat." Of course the PETA folks should be investigating for possible animalism. Maybe it would help to know there should be an apostrophe behind cat' 'cause both expressions are concerned with catfish. Apropos of nothing; I just needed to post something today.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Some of you have low standards on what classifies as "good." Nyan Boateng wasn't good at Cal. Morhinweg was straight garbage at Columbia. Mason Halter might be the worst offensive lineman in Gator history. Who cares if he was a starter. Kid sucked ass and his bench press at his pro day was comedy gold.

I should have checked stats before posting Boateng. I saw him playing in a game for Cal and assumed he’d done ok out there. Very little.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kent Taylor went to the NFL and so did his stable mate Colin Thompson.

If that is the same one I am shocked he was even put on the practice squad that year in the NFL because he did hardly anything at lesser schools after leaving the Gators.

I see he got nailed for PEDs also in that offseason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator