Transfer Portal: TJ Moore transfers

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
4* DT Corey Durden has entered the portal. UF is already talking with him.

Newberry kid I think.

Mentioned this in another thread, but I met him a few years ago while he was a senior in high school. Do not want. It’s one thing to pick the wrong school. It’s another thing to spurn your home team and go to an arch rival. And I know JM was a bad recruiter, but this kid was too arrogant to even look at us. And with all the talk of a toxic culture at fsu, if he hasn’t left until now, he would be completely steeped in it and bring it with him. Not to mention the bad coaching he’s received over four years that would have to be untaught in a single off-season. Just all-around no thanks.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I was saying he would fit in well with WT in Boca...awful presumptuous of you to assume I wanted him...he needs to go underachieve with his buddy

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Mentioned this in another thread, but I met him a few years ago while he was a senior in high school. Do not want. It’s one thing to pick the wrong school. It’s another thing to spurn your home team and go to an arch rival. And I know JM was a bad recruiter, but this kid was too arrogant to even look at us. And with all the talk of a toxic culture at fsu, if he hasn’t left until now, he would be completely steeped in it and bring it with him. Not to mention the bad coaching he’s received over four years that would have to be untaught in a single off-season. Just all-around no thanks.
While I never met the kid as you did, I really can’t blame anyone who wanted no part of Butters. And once we allowed a dwag to transfer in, can we really suddenly turn our nose up at a Null? I have no problem being mercenary about this; is he any good at being a DT? Fact is we may need one next year who’s got some experience. (FTR-If there’s somebody better in the portal, I’ll happily take them instead!).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
While I never met the kid as you did, I really can’t blame anyone who wanted no part of Butters. And once we allowed a dwag to transfer in, can we really suddenly turn our nose up at a Null? I have no problem being mercenary about this; is he any good at being a DT? Fact is we may need one next year who’s got some experience. (FTR-If there’s somebody better in the portal, I’ll happily take them instead!).

I think the difference to me is that Cox immediately seemed to regret things and changed even when things at uga were good. Plus he wasn’t even from here, and it’s not a Bowman/Clemson scenario. As I said I can handle the wrong decision. But Durden is just using us because he hitched himself to a train wreck and can’t even get in TV for draft purposes. That’s a different animal in my book.

But my biggest concern is that he was perfectly content there until recently. So all that toxicity is engrained already. Is one year of possible play(he’s had injury concerns) worth all that risk? I say no.

I like that we’re becoming a destination for talent that went elsewhere initially. But we need to send a message with this one. Bring him in for a visit, and then whisper in his ear, “enjoy Boca, get lost.”

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen one transfer that I really hope the staff is after. And that’s the DT from Virginia. Itraz i believe is who mentioned him. I'm not too high on taking guys from tally right now, especially one that had every opportunity to come here in the first place.

But we are definitely going to have to add some bodies on that Dline this off season. We're gonna have to take atleast 1 or 2. Especially if Campbell and Slaton leave. We don't have anyone playing behind em that looks like they're ready to contribute.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I've seen one transfer that I really hope the staff is after. And that’s the DT from Virginia. Itraz i believe is who mentioned him. I'm not too high on taking guys from tally right now, especially one that had every opportunity to come here in the first place.

But we are definitely going to have to add some bodies on that Dline this off season. We're gonna have to take atleast 1 or 2. Especially if Campbell and Slaton leave. We don't have anyone playing behind em that looks like they're ready to contribute.

What about that DT at LSU from Utah. Big somoan dude. He brought his whole family to Gainesville before committing to LSU. Itu or something like that. Where is he transferring to?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What about that DT at LSU from Utah. Big somoan dude. He brought his whole family to Gainesville before committing to LSU. Itu or something like that. Where is he transferring to?

He's rumored to be going back west.

There's a transfer DT from West Virginia who transferred to Washington State. He was a all-conference freshman team at WVU, originally from Florida. I'm not sure if we're talking to him or not, but he's kind of 'meh'. He'd probably start though with what we have returning.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

The Virginia kid is going to Cincinnati, which is where he's from:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
4* DT Corey Durden has entered the portal. UF is already talking with him.

Newberry kid I think.

I don’t want no null. Speaking just football, he was really good last season. He was good enough to get on the nfl’s radar. Then, NorveLLLLLL happened. He simply didn’t give much effort. I see that from a lot of those players. NorveLLLLLL is a complete loser who never even got the team to buy in. If he can return to his previous form, he will be better than anything on our roster right now.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Virginia kid is going to Cincinnati, which is where he's from:

Ok, I guess that clears that up lol. We're gonna have to find somebody . I'd expect more once the season ends.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's rumored to be going back west.

There's a transfer DT from West Virginia who transferred to Washington State. He was a all-conference freshman team at WVU, originally from Florida. I'm not sure if we're talking to him or not, but he's kind of 'meh'. He'd probably start though with what we have returning.

Is he transferring again? As in leaving wsu? I'd sure as hell hope we're talking to him

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is he transferring again? As in leaving wsu? I'd sure as hell hope we're talking to him

Yeah, he's in the portal w/ one year of eligibility left.

There will be a ton of transfers starting in about 3 or 4 weeks. But quality DL's are hard to come by.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We're gonna have to take atleast 1 or 2. Especially if Campbell and Slaton leave..
I don't know how we're going to have any seats unless we drop some people out of the current class.... which I guess is possible.

I can't imagine Campbell grading well enough to get it recommendation of going pro "early". that being said he is apparently very woke and wanting to protest stuff, so maybe he wants out of college regardless of what projection he gets.

Slaton has graded as our best defensive lineman for three years. I can't imagine him staying.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
FSU is trying to land McKenzie Milton (UCF QB transfer). Milton is looking at FSU, Miami, and Arkansas. FSU is going to take at least 8 transfer this off season. Their roster is a dumpster fire. They likely play with less than 70 scholarship players (plus 15 walk ons who will be awarded a scholarship).

We're gonna have to take atleast 1 or 2. Especially if Campbell and Slaton leave.

Like Donk said, I'm not sure if we will have the counters to take more than 1 transfer (total). I'm guessing the only senior DL that returns is Dunlap. He'd likely be a starter too. Carter could come back. Slaton almost left last year. Campbell is probably a late round pick.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Their roster is a dumpster fire. They likely play with less than 70 scholarship players (plus 15 walk ons who will be awarded a scholarship).
:mac:

They gon be Three Star Whisperin.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
FSU is trying to land McKenzie Milton (UCF QB transfer). Milton is looking at FSU, Miami, and Arkansas. FSU is going to take at least 8 transfer this off season. Their roster is a dumpster fire. They likely play with less than 70 scholarship players (plus 15 walk ons who will be awarded a scholarship).

Like Donk said, I'm not sure if we will have the counters to take more than 1 transfer (total). I'm guessing the only senior DL that returns is Dunlap. He'd likely be a starter too. Carter could come back. Slaton almost left last year. Campbell is probably a late round pick.

Has the ncaa clarified the rules on the 85 limit regarding the extra year of eligibility they announced a while back?

Oh, and of the 3, I think Milton would be insane to pick f$u.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
How long before we see Dee Beckwith make his debut in this thread? Perfect example of recruits getting swept up in stupidity and going against their first instinct, and obvious choice. He has to be seeing Pitts and thinking that could be him in a year or two. What a waste.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
How long before we see Dee Beckwith make his debut in this thread? Perfect example of recruits getting swept up in stupidity and going against their first instinct, and obvious choice. He has to be seeing Pitts and thinking that could be him in a year or two. What a waste.

They've had Beckwith playing RUNNING BACK this year! True story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator