Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

NICE...Thanks...AS long as they can get any kind of PUSH

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I think we'll have better luck in the portal with kids closer to the state, although we did have luck w/ WVU & Louisville kids. Some of these under-ranked kids from lesser programs turn out great (Greenard, for example).

I'm curious if we'll add anyone before the new semester starts or if they want to wait until after spring. Often some good players transfer after their spring practice ends (unhappy for one reason or another).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Maybe they're waiting to see if Dunlap and/or Carter plan to return? But if they can find one who wants to enroll in January that they like, sure. I wonder if they want any other positions (WR, ILB, OL?). With taking Barber and possibly one of Rucker or Strickland, we only have two counters (I think), maybe 3 - for transfers.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I think we'll have better luck in the portal with kids closer to the state, although we did have luck w/ WVU & Louisville kids. Some of these under-ranked kids from lesser programs turn out great (Greenard, for example).

I'm curious if we'll add anyone before the new semester starts or if they want to wait until after spring. Often some good players transfer after their spring practice ends (unhappy for one reason or another).

Mullen said he's looking for more OL

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
You guys are looking at the inflow this creates....we need to also use it to flush out some lower quality players, IMO. Then again, wtf do I know.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You guys are looking at the inflow this creates....we need to also use it to flush out some lower quality players, IMO. Then again, wtf do I know.

It doesn't matter how many we flush out, we can only take 25 "initial counters" and we're down to 2 or 3, max - depending on how many more HS kids we take.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It doesn't matter how many we flush out, we can only take 25 "initial counters" and we're down to 2 or 3, max - depending on how many more HS kids we take.

Grad Transfers?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is also why getting Dunlap and/or Carter to come back is big - they aren't initial counters. Dunlap's not great, but he's good for 20+ snaps a game and he'd likely start next year (depending on who returns among such as Carter, or who we can get in the portal).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.