Transfer Portal: TJ Moore transfers

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But if we could replace 1 for 1?
as always, that's not the way it works. just because someone transfers out doesn't mean you get an extra counter for the next season.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I have no idea why Dunlap ever gets mentioned for anything. Correct me if I am wrong but did he not transfer here? Secondly, I have not seen him make a significant single play his entire time here. And I am not talking about sacks, TFL's, etc., but I do not think he has even held his ground and caused a stalemate at the LOS.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have no idea why Dunlap ever gets mentioned for anything. Correct me if I am wrong but did he not transfer here? Secondly, I have not seen him make a significant single play his entire time here. And I am not talking about sacks, TFL's, etc., but I do not think he has even held his ground and caused a stalemate at the LOS.

Go look at the snap count posts. Dunlap plays about as much as any other DL. Sure, he's not that good. But him coming back is a free body - who likely starts if Carter doesn't return. Other than a transfer DT, none of the returning DT's will play in front of him. I understand the complaining about him, sure - he's not very good. But getting a free DT to return to give us 20+ snaps a game? I'll take it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Season snap count totals for DL's:

DL Snaps %
Brenton Cox 467 (66.9%)
Zachary Carter 428 (61.3%)
Tedarrell Slaton 357 (51.1%)
Marlon Dunlap 235 (33.7%)
Jeremiah Moon 190 (27.2%)
Kyree Campbell 189 (27.1%)
Khris Bogle 179 (25.6%)
Gervon Dexter 162 (23.2%)
Andrew Chatfield 116 (16.6%)
Dante Lang 82 (11.7%)
Princely Umanmielen 38 (5.4%)
Jalen Lee 25 (3.6%)
Jaelin Humphries 7 (1.0%)
Lloyd Summerall 4 (0.6%)

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Go look at the snap count posts. Dunlap plays about as much as any other DL. Sure, he's not that good. But him coming back is a free body - who likely starts if Carter doesn't return. Other than a transfer DT, none of the returning DT's will play in front of him. I understand the complaining about him, sure - he's not very good. But getting a free DT to return to give us 20+ snaps a game? I'll take it.

I get your point. But do you want Stiner back for any snaps? You want Wilson back for any snaps? Not every player is going to be a star, a great player or even a good player, but if you are hoarding trash, the garbage cans overflow quickly.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Stiner coming back is my nightmare.

Or English.

tenor.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I get your point. But do you want Stiner back for any snaps? You want Wilson back for any snaps? Not every player is going to be a star, a great player or even a good player, but if you are hoarding trash, the garbage cans overflow quickly.

I think Dunlap is serviceable, especially on third and long downs. He's a free body, and the positions (DT vs. Safety) are in completely different situations (no depth w/ DT vs. a crowded DB room). He's certainly better than going after a DT transfer from a JUCO or unproven player who you're rolling the dice with. Again, if he comes back it's a free body. And Humphries, Lee, Goods, Watson, or Thomas are not starting in front of him unless they have a miraculous off season and spring.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Why not Slaton or Campbell coming back? Neither of them are getting drafted. Slaton would've if he went pro last season. This season he grades out as a PFA or priority free agent. Why are we thinking of just Dunlap?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why not Slaton or Campbell coming back? Neither of them are getting drafted. Slaton would've if he went pro last season. This season he grades out as a PFA or priority free agent. Why are we thinking of just Dunlap?

Dunlap is the only one who realistically comes back. That's it. Of course we'd take Campbell & Slaton back, but they're most likely to enter the draft. Same with Carter. Hell, let's get Trask, Pitts, Toney, and Grimes back while we're at it.

"It's the first quarter of the big game and you wanna toss up a hail mary? I'd like to be pimps from Oakland or cowboys from Arizona but it's not Halloween. Grow up, Peter Pan! Count Chocula!"

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Dunlap is the only one who realistically comes back. That's it. Of course we'd take Campbell & Slaton back, but they're most likely to enter the draft. Same with Carter. Hell, let's get Trask, Pitts, Toney, and Grimes back while we're at it.

"It's the first quarter of the big game and you wanna toss up a hail mary? I'd like to be pimps from Oakland or cowboys from Arizona but it's not Halloween. Grow up, Peter Pan! Count Chocula!"

There's a difference between Trask and Toney versus Slaton, a PFA, and Campbell who has no prayer of getting drafted. I don't even think Campbell gets a combine invite. That's why I mentioned them returning. Slaton had a 3-5 round grading heading into the season. He could come back to see if he can get that back instead of just being a camp body which is what he is right now.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There's a difference between Trask and Toney versus Slaton, a PFA, and Campbell who has no prayer of getting drafted. I don't even think Campbell gets a combine invite. That's why I mentioned them returning. Slaton had a 3-5 round grading heading into the season. He could come back to see if he can get that back instead of just being a camp body which is what he is right now.

Hey if they come back it's a bonus. But if you want to live in reality, don't expect those three to return (Carter, Campbell, Slaton). We all know Dunlap's not going anywhere (NFL). He can conceivably have a solid off season in the S&C program, get up to 300+, improve on his deficiencies during spring ball and come back a much better player. I'd rather have a 5th year senior in Dunlap than any of the 5 I mentioned in the previous post - Lee would be the best of that 5, for now. All I'm saying is: Dunlap is a free body if he comes back - he's not an initial counter (like a transfer would be) and he doesn't count against the 85 scholarship limit....and if Slaton, Carter, and Campbell don't return...he's a starter. That's the kind of shape we're in at the position - thanks to the irresponsible recruiting in 2018 & 2019.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Slaton will get drafted. Not Campbell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator