Trask has to be in the driver's seat for the Heisman, right?

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
3k in the air 600 on the ground. Somewhere around 35 total TD's. AR eventually gets passed on the depth chart by little Kitna.
So a guy that Dan still doesn't trust to throw after 3 years in the program is going to throw for 3,000 yards in year 4? Our last 3k QB was Tebow in 07. I love the way you think, but I just don't see it.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So a guy that Dan still doesn't trust to throw after 3 years in the program is going to throw for 3,000 yards in year 4? Our last 3k QB was Tebow in 07. I love the way you think, but I just don't see it.
I think he might have been facetious.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Voting for Fields would be like giving the batting title to some schlepp who had 25 hits in 65 at-bats. That’s not enough field of work to merit the award.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Trask is a great story and the voters know it - they are going to WANT to give it to him. No one likes Fields because he's a whiny asshat; not his teammates, not his MOTHER. He lied to weasel his way out of UGA and everyone knows that, too. He's pond scum.

It's Trask's to lose, even with him having the audacity to be white.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s a little silly when white guys b!tch about race issues. Especially anticipatory b!tching. Nothing has happened yet, my man. Just relax and think about the good and positive.

Really?

You don't face any race issues being white?
Where do you live? It sounds nice.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Trask deserves to win the Heisman.

Trask will, most likely, NOT win the Heisman.

I want Trask to win the Heisman.

The reason he will not is exactly similar to our Nation's voting...popular vs electoral, in that the Heisman is regional. The Southeast voters will split their votes between three candidates: Trask, Alabama's QB and their WR.
The Northeast will cast ALL their votes to an undeserving QB at Ohio State. ( not quite sure how his race will play into this but it's starting to grow legs that that's a thing :wink: ).
The Midwest will split their votes between Ohio State's QB and BYU's QB
The West will...I don't care what they do.

The only hope is that enough 2nd place votes for Trask puts him over the top.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trask deserves to win the Heisman.

Trask will, most likely, NOT win the Heisman.

I want Trask to win the Heisman.

The reason he will not is exactly similar to our Nation's voting...popular vs electoral, in that the Heisman is regional. The Southeast voters will split their votes between three candidates: Trask, Alabama's QB and their WR.
The Northeast will cast ALL their votes to an undeserving QB at Ohio State. ( not quite sure how his race will play into this but it's starting to grow legs that that's a thing :wink: ).
The Midwest will split their votes between Ohio State's QB and BYU's QB
The West will...I don't care what they do.

The only hope is that enough 2nd place votes for Trask puts him over the top.

Lawrence and Fields been getting all the national pub since last year (so they will represent nationally). The Southeast will be split like you said. The winner of the SEC Championship game Trask or Jones will get a bump because that will be a defacto playoff for the playoffs and the Heisman. Fields will get a lot of that mid west/northeast love that isn't going to Lawrence due to National love and NFL love. West of that will be a mixed bag because of that kid from BYU (Late games help his candidacy). No candidate coming from a Big 12 or Pac-12 school. If a Pac-12 school does pick up BYU as a playin game (which is being talked about) that will only help the BYU kid, but only if BYU wins.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
If everyone continues at their current pace, Trask's stats will dwarf everyone else's. Also his back story will be compelling. Personally, I don't think he has to beat Bama; he just needs to have a big game. Say we lose to Bama 49-35, but Trask throws for 400+ yds and 5 TD's. I believe that would be enough.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He won't get enough to win, but he will get enough to disrupt the vote similar to the voting in 2008.
No he won't. Very few, if any, will give him a Top 3 vote, even in Mormon country. Sober up. He's not that good and they may have the biggest joke of a schedule in the nation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator