Trask has to be in the driver's seat for the Heisman, right?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Has anyone taken a look at Trask and Jones side by side with their respective stats along with the minutes played in each game? I haven't but can't help but wonder how that shines the spotlight on either.

You had me until you got to minutes played. That brought visions of Billy Packer.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Let me guess......you think Jones is better, right? :shocked:
Actually, I have no idea which is the better QB. Both have their good points in their favor.

Trask: TD passes, total yards, Yards per game...

Jones: Completion %, Yards per attempted pass, interceptions, QB Rating...

Both will undoubtedly make their mark in the NFL in due time. But when it comes to the Heisman, I don't believe either of them deserve to win it. My pick would go to Devonte Smith.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, I have no idea which is the better QB. Both have their good points in their favor.

Both will undoubtedly make their mark in the NFL in due time. But when it comes to the Heisman, I don't believe either of them deserve to win it. My pick would go to Devonte Smith.
I think Jones is a good QB. However, he also had the easiest QB job in college football, and it's not close. If you'd put Jones on the Gators this year I think he would have had about half the numbers Trask had.

There are also rumors swirling that he's a closeted gay.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I think Jones is a good QB. However, he also had the easiest QB job in college football, and it's not close. If you'd put Jones on the Gators this year I think he would have had about half the numbers Trask had.

There are also rumors swirling that he's a closeted gay.
Speculation, nothing more. And if Jones is gay, does that mean that he doesn't deserve accolades from his play in football?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

That is the stupidest thing I have read on this site in a long time. And I have been on the political forum a lot lately so that is really lowering the floor for stupid.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Smith has had a great year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets an invite to NYC. I don’t think he wins it. Call me biased, deluded, whatever. I think Kyle Trask wins it.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Smith has had a great year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets an invite to NYC. I don’t think he wins it. Call me biased, deluded, whatever. I think Kyle Trask wins it.

Did Pitts get an invitation too?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So if Trask were to come out as a tranny would that also make him ineligible for football awards?

Are you kidding?
Given the current climate this revelation would guarantee the Heisman as well as the Arthur Ashe Courage Award and Time magazine person of the year

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Trask named....SECOND team all SEC. With the best stats in the country lol
giphy.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Now he HAS to win the Heisman, as a second-team All-SECer no less. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No one is going to NYC. It's a friggin' Zoom call this year.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is this a serious inquiry?

Yes

I am suggesting that Smith is like several other receivers in the college game today that can use their speed to get wide open against defenses that must protect against a running game that features one of the very best tailbacks in the game and most likely the best O Line in the game. His Heisman moment is a one handed catch not unlike ones that Pitts and Grimes have made for UF this year.

I used the Jaylen Waddle example to prove my point because it does just that.
When Waddle was injured the prevailing response was that Bama just lost their best offensive weapon which further validates my point.

Serious enough for you?

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Yes

I am suggesting that Smith is like several other receivers in the college game today that can use their speed to get wide open against defenses that must protect against a running game that features one of the very best tailbacks in the game and most likely the best O Line in the game. His Heisman moment is a one handed catch not unlike ones that Pitts and Grimes have made for UF this year.

I used the Jaylen Waddle example to prove my point because it does just that.
When Waddle was injured the prevailing response was that Bama just lost their best offensive weapon which further validates my point.

Serious enough for you?
Smith isn't just any other receiver in the college game. He leads the nation in receiving yards, and receptions and 2nd nationally in touchdowns, receptions per game and yards per game. He also leads the nation in yards after contact. Many of his catches were in double coverage and not just simple screen passes either. He has had the benefit of having an excellent QB throwing to him who was protected by the best offensive line in college but that should only help him anyways, right? When Waddle went down I'm sure if you were Saban you would have just thrown in the towel and gave up on the season rather than proceeding with utilizing the next man up, right?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn’t say any other receiver, I said one of many.

You listed a bunch of stats that He collected mostly after Waddle was injured that only supports what I said such as most receiving yards due to long bombs where he was wide open.
Who said anything about screen passes other than you?

Who said anything about anyone throwing in the towel?
Smith’s success is just another example of what a team looks like when you have the best players in the game.
As you said, no matter who gets hurt it IS next man up at Bama and Devonte Smith immediately went from the #2 receiver for Bama to the Heisman leader

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.