Trask has to be in the driver's seat for the Heisman, right?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever you say Toolbox....Perception is everything and when Mullen sh!t the bed against LSU a large national audience was getting a chance to see Trask....what would his numbers have looked like with Pitts playing that night...nevermind alot of that same national audience have watched his team come up short 2 weeks in a row despite his efforts.
His numbers were still huge that night without Pitts.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Trask actually has a chance due to Jones & Smith splitting votes.

I said exactly the same thing in another thread. I actually agree with Ox. This is deeply disturbing.

I did say it was a long shot put still possible.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
All they can talk about is the two picks and his fumble 1 pick wasn’t his fault and the fumble was a line breakdown...do the talking heads even watch games?
An interception is an interception. A fumble is a fumble. There is NEVER a time when fault is determined in the stats.

Also, do you REALLY think every Heisman voter watches all of the games played?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
An interception is an interception. A fumble is a fumble. There is NEVER a time when fault is determined in the stats.

Also, do you REALLY think every Heisman voter watches all of the games played?
It's a shame your Bammers won't win this Heisman. A damn shame.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Uh, 2017?
Hence the “back in the day” part! Just pointing out people are running with it, seems it was quietly swept under the rug per the Bama football player usual!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why couldn’t they have run with it 10 days ago?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jones has no chance at the award, but he'll serve his purpose with a few asshats taking votes away from Smith by voting for him. He'll finally have some value as a human.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All they can talk about is the two picks and his fumble 1 pick wasn’t his fault and the fumble was a line breakdown...do the talking heads even watch games?
Which of those picks wasn’t his fault? The one he hit the guy in the numbers and was returned for a TD or the one he forced instead of throwing it away on the sideline?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJM cannot stand Trask. He wants to see him gone almost as much as Mullen. He doesn’t believe his boy Emory will ever make a mistake.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJM cannot stand Trask. He wants to see him gone almost as much as Mullen. He doesn’t believe his boy Emory will ever make a mistake.
I’m just being realistic. The LSU game was his worst of the year and it was prime time on national television. I honestly think that performance cost him the Heisman. Fair? Absolutely not but it’s reality.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
It's a shame your Bammers won't win this Heisman. A damn shame.
Mmm, perhaps. IMO though, the Heisman has become a popularity award in recent years. Just whomever can put up enough stats to be the most impressive usually wins. Also IMO, it should go to the player who exemplified being the most valuable to their particular team's success. i.e., the player on the team that without him the team wouldn't have been as successful.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m just being realistic. The LSU game was his worst of the year and it was prime time on national television. I honestly think that performance cost him the Heisman. Fair? Absolutely not but it’s reality.
Do you honestly believe that many people were watching that game? You act like it had the audience of the Super Bowl.

Most of the asshat voters for this award don’t even watch the damn games. They look at the stats and cast a vote. Trask has the best stats and is a tremendous story and is going to get a lot of votes, much to your chagrin. If he wins this thing you’re going to have the meltdown of the century.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Do you honestly believe that many people were watching that game? You act like it had the audience of the Super Bowl.

Most of the asshat voters for this award don’t even watch the damn games. They look at the stats and cast a vote. Trask has the best stats and is a tremendous story and is going to get a lot of votes, much to your chagrin. If he wins this thing you’re going to have the meltdown of the century.
So how does one's "story" play into winning the award?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator