Trask has to be in the driver's seat for the Heisman, right?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, I don't agree that "stats" defines the best player necessarily. Specifically at the QB position. The QB gets the benefit of total passing yards but in most cases, there are more yards after the catch that he gets the benefit of that he has absolutely no control/influence on. Do some research to figure out how many passing yards Jones and Trask actually have to the point the ball is caught and stop right there. Don't give them credit for yards after the catch. Then compare that. I have no idea which QB would have the most yards or even TD's. Of course pass attempts, completed passes, completion %, and QB ratings would obviously stay the same but then you would get a better idea of what the two QBs actually did passing-wise.

:facepalm: Then I demand a recall of every pass play to determine how well Jones led the receiver vs. Trask and how many hands and fingers were in their face while they did it. Now we’re getting down to some real science.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like it's time to remove Nalt from this thread. Nothing personal.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It is an individual award, 100%! The rest is just speculation though and can not be proven. But...Franks is a good QB no doubt. Imagine what he could have accomplished behind UF's O-line... :rotfl: And yes, I do know that he transferred FROM Florida...

We've all seen what happened when Trask took over for Franks last year. The difference was night and day and it's why Franks transferred. He knew he'd never start again at UF. Trask is 1000 times more efficient. Even with the right side of his OLine unable to block girl scouts with consistency.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You seem to be hung up on Jones "passing" Trask in the Heisman race. Since you obviously have your head in the sand, it is Smith, after the SECCG performance, that is now leading in the Heisman race, not Jones.

It really is rigged if he wins it. He’s not even the best receiver in the draft.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
:facepalm: Then I demand a recall of every pass play to determine how well Jones led the receiver vs. Trask and how many hands and fingers were in their face while they did it. Now we’re getting down to some real science.
No need to get that granular IMO but you do you. Let me know what you find out.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lol, so you're gonna go the same route as facebook and twitter by censoring honest discussion? Not surprised.

It was honest until you moved the goalposts to where they were in 1965.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting. Who, in your opinion, is the best receiver this season?

Pound for pound, Kyle Pitts hands down. NFL teams are frothing over that 6-foot-6 frame and those sticky fingers. The guy’s gonna make $50m more than Smith in the NFL.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Pound for pound, Kyle Pitts hands down. NFL teams are frothing over that 6-foot-6 frame and those sticky fingers. The guy’s gonna make $50m more than Smith in the NFL.
Lol, I should have seen that one coming... :headslap:Even though he barely even broke the Top 25 in the nation in receiving 13 spots BEHIND UF's Toney... smh. IMO I think that Miss' Elijah Moore will do better in the NFL than Pitts unless the NFL changes him to a WR. If they leave him as a TE then he'll be lucky to play 5 years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
“No, I don’t agree that “stats” defines the best player necessarily.”

— the Naltster

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
“No, I don’t agree that “stats” defines the best player necessarily.”

— the Naltster
Outside of Gronkowski, what TE has been highly successful in the NFL? Now, if Pitts is used as a WR then he may just do what you said. But not as a TE.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

If Pitts didn't miss 3 games, he would at least be a finalist.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Outside of Gronkowski, what TE has been highly successful in the NFL? Now, if Pitts is used as a WR then he may just do what you said. But not as a TE.

I posted that re your comment on Pitts being behind Toney.

Re his playing tight end, surely you know that the position is filled by two types of athletes nowadays, a blocker or a pass catcher. Pitts was a much improved blocker this year. He may be convinced by an NFL team to put on extra weight to aid in that capacity, but I think his future is as an elite receiver. He has elite hands, is elusive running routes, and his height makes him unstoppable. He may be the most important athlete in the draft.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I posted that re your comment on Pitts being behind Toney.

Re his playing tight end, surely you know that the position is filled by two types of athletes nowadays, a blocker or a pass catcher. Pitts was a much improved blocker this year. He may be convinced by an NFL team to put on extra weight to aid in that capacity, but I think his future is as an elite receiver. He has elite hands, is elusive running routes, and his height makes him unstoppable. He may be the most important athlete in the draft.
I'm not arguing that he can't catch a pass. He can. If he gains weight to become an NFL blocking TE then his career will likely be short relatively speaking. If he is used as more of a receiver then yeah, he will probably be successful. But he won't be as successful as Julio Jones, Odell Beckham Jr. or any of the big-name WRs of late. See? I can speculate too... ROFL...

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nalt, we all love you, ...

hMB5vpX.gif

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
Has Saban ever had a first round QB? Time will tell if Trask or Jones is the best. You can't hide behind superior talent as much in the NFL.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Has Saban ever had a first round QB? Time will tell if Trask or Jones is the best. You can't hide behind superior talent as much in the NFL.

First round? They just discovered the position a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.