• Will never sniff an NFL roster

Votes: 15 8.0%

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Two titles in six seasons is pretty tall odds to bet against. Even with the great Spurrier in the mix.

Really should have been three. Meyer allowed the '09 team to get away from him. The effort in Atlanta, or lack thereof, was nothing short of an embarrassment.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Two titles in six seasons is pretty tall odds to bet against. Even with the great Spurrier in the mix.

Really should have been three. Meyer allowed the '09 team to get away from him. The effort in Atlanta, or lack thereof, was nothing short of an embarrassment.
Carlos Dunlap wins that game.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I think so, and that's not a swipe at Spurrier.
Maybe he doesn't win 2 more, but it's a stretch to say he wouldn't have won his 2nd. No guarantee, but I think it would've been within reach... especially by inheriting Zook's roster, which included a jr QB who would've blistered SEC defenses and passing records.

Oh, and the clowns and voles were wilting, bamuh was good not great, uga still had rev richt, lsu our one major challenger and SOS+Leak score 65 on the nuts in AZ.

That said, SOS probably wouldn't get Timmy, so life's weird that way.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Had we rehired Spurrier, we'd still be sitting on one NC. That may be fine with you, but I enjoy the titles.

You're a jilted lover, nothing more. There's no reason to harbor such hate for the man at this point.

Now that he's not coaching I don't have to hear about him every weekend, so that's definitely a positive I'll agree. As far as SOS goes...had we hired him we wouldn't have had to hire Chump and Butters. And we would have won a few more SEC titles at the very least. And I think he'd have taken Chris Leak all the way to a natty...without asking him to run the ball.

But we wouldn't have had Tebow...thats true.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Maybe he doesn't win 2 more, but it's a stretch to say he wouldn't have won his 2nd. No guarantee, but I think it would've been within reach... especially by inheriting Zook's roster, which included a jr QB who would've blistered SEC defenses and passing records.

Oh, and the clowns and voles were wilting, bamuh was good not great, uga still had rev richt, lsu our one major challenger and SOS+Leak score 65 on the nuts in AZ.

That said, SOS probably wouldn't get Timmy, so life's weird that way.
Timmy wouldn’t have fit a SOS offense well. But Brantley would’ve. So who knows?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Timmy wouldn’t have fit a SOS offense well. But Brantley would’ve. So who knows?
In this alternate reality, we wouldn't realize what we were missing... but knowing what we know, can you imagine UF without Timmy?

Brantley coached by the HBC would've been fun, though.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Now that he's not coaching I don't have to hear about him every weekend, so that's definitely a positive I'll agree.
I think you're drunk. Without him coaching, we now hear about him every DAY, instead of every week, as he's linked to every school with a coach on the hot seat, college or pro.

Just say what you really feel: You wish Urban Meyer was dead.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think you're drunk. Without him coaching, we now hear about him every DAY, instead of every week, as he's linked to every school with a coach on the hot seat, college or pro.

I think the right thing to do would be to give back the trophies he won us, either to the BCS committee or the teams he'd beaten to get them. Considering the elaborate ruse he deployed in his quest to jilt us and go to Ohio State, which involved his family members, tattoo parlors, sports memorabilia peddlers in Ohio, multiple doctors at Shands, etc., perhaps we should destroy them. That option would be easiest, as they are made of glass.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think the right thing to do would be to give back the trophies he won us, either to the BCS committee or the teams he'd beaten to get them. Considering the elaborate ruse he deployed in his quest to jilt us and go to Ohio State, which involved his family members, tattoo parlors, sports memorabilia peddlers in Ohio, multiple doctors at Shands, etc., perhaps we should destroy them. That option would be easiest, as they are made of glass.
You know you've got a point. The 2006 trophy needs to head to OSU, where it can reside right next to Troy Smith's Heisman. The 2008 trophy can head to Oklahoma and reside next to Sam Bradford's Heisman.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018

Nope. I just want him humiliated and to never coach again.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So if Calipari continues college coaching, Meyer should be able to coach CFB.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Urban the lightning rod.

In a perverse way, this is kind of refreshing. I recall making observations about Meyer on GSMB around the time of his UF meltdown. I even cited remarkably candid comments Machen made about Meyer and his "health" in front of Bull Gators at the Sugar Bowl.

Good God, did I get taken to task for even suggesting Sir Urbs be questioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator