• Will never sniff an NFL roster

Votes: 15 8.0%

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can't wait to see him in the Orange and Blue instead of that Orange and Green. Go Bobcats!
Bobcats? I thought Eastside was the Rams.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They are. I'm a bobcat. So is Aaron.
Home of Vernon the Mad Max and the Slinger. Remember covering a Buchholz hoops game Maxwell's freshman year. Might have been his first game. Kid was hugely hyped.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Home of Vernon the Mad Max and the Slinger. Remember covering a Buchholz hoops game Maxwell's freshman year. Might have been his first game. Kid was hugely hyped.

Don't forget the great Billy Latsko.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't know he was a Bobcat. They had a great baseball program way back when.

They never were much good at anything when I was in school. We did get our butts whipped bad in a playoff game one year when Palatka had John L. Williams.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They never were much good at anything when I was in school. We did get our butts whipped bad in a playoff game one year when Palatka had John L. Williams.
They were a relatively new school when I was at the Sun. Rich kids school. They were seen as pampered.

That changed with all the growth on the west side. They got good at just about everything. That's a pretty big school now I would imagine.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That Maxwell game was the only Buchholz game I got assigned to. The game finished around 9:45 p.m., maybe 10. We didn't have laptops and certainly not cell phones back then. If you had a fax, you were high tech.

You either phoned in the copy from a pay phone or drove back to the newsroom. Buchholz is probably the furthest away of the Gainesville high schools from the old location of the Sun, next to the Hippodrome.

Anyway, I'm driving east on some desolate two-lane road when the car in front of me moves into the left lane. I assumed it was preparing to turn left. Nope. It swerved right. I had already committed to pass. Boom. My car was undrivable.

I missed the first deadline but made the second.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That Maxwell game was the only Buchholz game I got assigned to. The game finished around 9:45 p.m., maybe 10. We didn't have laptops and certainly not cell phones back then. If you had a fax, you were high tech.

You either phoned in the copy from a pay phone or drove back to the newsroom. Buchholz is probably the furthest away of the Gainesville high schools from the old location of the Sun, next to the Hippodrome.

Anyway, I'm driving east on some desolate two-lane road when the car in front of me moves into the left lane. I assumed it was preparing to turn left. Nope. It swerved right. I had already committed to pass. Boom. My car was undrivable.

I missed the first deadline but made the second.

Ouch. Glad we still have you with us.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Trask has a better shot at success in the NFL than The Liar does.

*insert meme of ox sweating and staring at two red buttons: 1) Defend Trask. 2) Defend Liar. *

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, I think it's safe to state this now: Kyle Trask, #1 overall pick.

Actually, the problem is that if the NFL scouts think Trask is ready "enough", he could choose to leave at the end of the year.
He has to leave. He cant take the chance of getting hurt again, splitting time or replaced.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Trask has a better shot at success in the NFL than The Liar does.

*insert meme of ox sweating and staring at two red buttons: 1) Defend Trask. 2) Defend Liar. *
I don't know who would have the better chance, I think both would be successful.

And Back Alley, I want you to go on record denouncing the 2006 and 2008 titles. You have 24 hours or face a ban.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I don't know who would have the better chance, I think both would be successful.

And Back Alley, I want you to go on record denouncing the 2006 and 2008 titles. You have 24 hours or face a ban.

How can I denounce a title? Its an object. It has no sentience. Its not evil nor good. Its just a thing. Denouncing a thing is kinda like lecturing a chair. Its pointless.

I will happily denounce the coach that was in place when they were won. And I will happily say I wish we would have rehired Spurrier rather than Liar. That good enough for you?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
How can I denounce a title? Its an object. It has no sentience. Its not evil nor good. Its just a thing. Denouncing a thing is kinda like lecturing a chair. Its pointless.

I will happily denounce the coach that was in place when they were won. And I will happily say I wish we would have rehired Spurrier rather than Liar. That good enough for you?
Stupid Foley. Should’ve welcomed Spurrier back with open arms.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Had we rehired Spurrier, we'd still be sitting on one NC. That may be fine with you, but I enjoy the titles.

You're a jilted lover, nothing more. There's no reason to harbor such hate for the man at this point.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Had we rehired Spurrier, we'd still be sitting on one NC. That may be fine with you, but I enjoy the titles.

You're a jilted lover, nothing more. There's no reason to harbor such hate for the man at this point.
You really think so? I bet Spurrier would’ve added another - he took consist loser USC to 3 straight 11 win seasons. He still had it.

That said, I loved Meyer here too. Billy D and UM made my college time at UF way better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator