Treon Harris to start Saturday

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I just want the guy that Mac and Nuss think can do the best job at QB to start and lead the team.

What I don't want is somebody's daddy throwing a fit and trying to yank his kid out of here because he can't accept that Div I football is COMPETITIVE. Ya gotta earn it.

And I wouldn't be surprised like others if this is a case of easing Will into things.

If Treon really overtook Will after having missed some of the spring and starting behind him then he must really be doing well.

But I'll bet this has more to do with the makeshift nature of the OL and the fact that the coaches feel they'll need more mobility from the QB early on as the linemen settle.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n270083 said:
Yep... So much for Grier consistently getting to his 3rd or 4th options while Harris "runs well." :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone can get to their 3rd and 4th options with a red jersey on. Remember how JD was one of best QB's in CFB last year according to our players.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Both will play, but, as Mac said, someone has to take the first snap. I bet Grier still eventually wins the job.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have confidence that the staff is going to make the best overall call here. As much as I'min the camp that we need a true passing QB, which would be Grier, I also can respect the fact that Harris was a Fr and playing in a garbage system, and still looked ok. The fact that he finished the season as the starter may be the incentive to give it to him first and see if he can handle it. And from a confidence standpoint, that may be the right move.

As others have said, they'll both play, and maybe they feel the pressure of starting might be too much for a kid that's never taken a real snap. It's also possible TH just turned it on in camp and won the job.

My only hope is that this isn't an indication that our OL is just completely garbage, and we're going with the more athletic of the two. Other than that, until proven otherwise, I'm good with whatever JM thinks is best.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This news is inconsequential. Both Treon and Will are going to probably play an equal amount of minutes in each of the first few games before the season starter is decided by the time SEC play rolls around. Even if Treon starts the rest of the season, I have confidence that we can win with him. As others have said, he had no business playing last year and he'll be much improved with better coaching and a superior system. We have a REAL head coach now that has a track record of choosing the right QB and I believe both QBs will play well this year.

I'd be much more concerned if Muschamp was starting the season opener.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Ah, he sandbagged just so he could get him some consoling from that chicka.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I wonder if it has anything with attitude and perceived commitment to the team. I would bet the distraction of Grier posting dooshy selfies of his new tat and 30 y/o skank on her knees don't impress Mac nearly as much as they seem to impress some of you guys. This might have been Grier's equivalent of Driskell's "Bored" tweet. Harris already has the experience edge and has stayed out of the news and presumably in the film room, while Grier maybe a little too much time in the bedroom. Hopefully he takes it as motivation rather than a slight. And hopefully Dad sees it as that as well. .

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n270111 said:
while Grier maybe a little too much time in the bedroom.

Dang them older women. Always getting ya in trouble...

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps it has more to do with flipping a coin that anything else? Someone had to start and Treyon is the logical one to do so. Nobody will whine that he did not get a fair chance especially when he actually has some starts under his belt.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n270111 said:
I wonder if it has anything with attitude and perceived commitment to the team. I would bet the distraction of Grier posting dooshy selfies of his new tat and 30 y/o skank on her knees don't impress Mac nearly as much as they seem to impress some of you guys. This might have been Grier's equivalent of Driskell's "Bored" tweet. Harris already has the experience edge and has stayed out of the news and presumably in the film room, while Grier maybe a little too much time in the bedroom. Hopefully he takes it as motivation rather than a slight. And hopefully Dad sees it as that as well. .

You may be more right than you realize. Things like being a little late to offensive meetings and maybe a little too nonchalant in general. No official source or facts on this, just some guys close to the program who have seen and heard things. Nothing earth-shattering but a minute or two late to a meeting is still late, especially when you're the last one walking in.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If they based their decision on him posting a couple pics on the internet then they aren't cut out to coach here. Hopefully they picked the guy that's moving the offense the best.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The Original DC;n270114 said:
You may be more right than you realize. Things like being a little late to offensive meetings and maybe a little too nonchalant in general. No official source or facts on this, just some guys close to the program who have seen and heard things. Nothing earth-shattering but a minute or two late to a meeting is still late, especially when you're the last one walking in.
And your beard reeks of skank taint:banana:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n270102 said:
Both will play, but, as Mac said, someone has to take the first snap. I bet Grier still eventually wins the job.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
I agree. I do think Grier will wind up being the starter eventually. Mac maybe felt that TH was a starter last year so why not let him. Grier will play. What concerns with TH is the downfield passing. We'll see. Just win Dammit!

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Doesn't matter. The starter is just the first guy that gets killed by our porous line. After Treon is dead we'll get chants of racism and how Black Lives Matter. Of course then Grier will be in line to get killed.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n270127 said:
Doesn't matter. The starter is just the first guy that gets killed by our porous line. After Treon is dead we'll get chants of racism and how Black Lives Matter. Of course then Grier will be in line to get killed.

Really??? You expect our line to be bad against this wimp? I sure don't, but soon we will know. Unless this is sarcasm if so forget my post!!!

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n270127 said:

Nice job having faith in the team ;)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Like I said, I'm cool with whoever the coaching staff rolls with. I still feel Harris has limitations but I'm not gonna question personnel decisions without seeing us play.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Crucial;n270071 said:
Hey 812, I got news for you:
You the dumbest sucka in da whole Chatta crew.
I'll take yo cash tho Jack,, and add it to my stack.
Now take your LG and shove it up yo crack.

Hahaha. The odds were on my side...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator