Treon Harris

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Black quarterback under siege by white message board hacks.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n305117]Black quarterback under siege by white message board hacks. [/QUOTE]

I'm not sure he would have played any better if he was white.​

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n305119 said:
I'm not sure he would have played any better if he was white.​

:lol2:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Treon Harris. Starting QB for the University of Florida football team. Quick as a snake. Slippery as an eel. Can't see wide open receivers until he gets flushed out of the pocket and has to scramble and somehow pull off miracle after miracle of ridiculously circus act plays. Opposing teams would be wise to keep him in the pocket.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As I said in my podcast, why not just roll him out every play? He's faaaaar more dangerous that way. Quit trying to make him a pocket passer.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's weird. We're so opportunistic on either side of the ball that we could still win out in spite of his inadequacies. With Grier? Holy crap.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He scored more points against Ugly and LSU than Grier did against UK or Mizzu. People keep forgetting that Grier was only good for one quarter vs. Tinerc and one game vs Ole Miss. The problem for both is the OL letting quick pressure through on every play,

That being said he was pretty bad tonight.

It would be nice to Grier back unfortunately he is dumber than the other 200,000 NCAA athletes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n305128 said:
As I said in my podcast, why not just roll him out every play? He's faaaaar more dangerous that way. Quit trying to make him a pocket passer.
Because it's basically changing the whole playbook and we have an OL full of freshmen who can't yet run the real playbook and certainly can't add another yet. I don't even know if Mac has a running type spread playbook with a bunch of roll out run pass options.

Early on Mac mentioned having pieces for a spread, pieces for power running game, pieces for passing game, a few here a few there. This is a manifestation of that. We did run a few read looks tonight but I'm not sure if they were truly reads.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n305134 said:
He scored more points against Ugly and LSU than Grier did against UK or Mizzu. People keep forgetting that Grier was only good for one quarter vs. Tinerc and one game vs Ole Miss. The problem for both is the OL letting quick pressure through on every play,

It would be nice to Grier back unfortunately he is dumber than the other 200,000 NCAA athletes.

HE score more points? How about those defensive turnovers?

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Agree, not great, but serviceable backup. I'll give him credit he has a knack for pulling out the big plays, especially the desperation rollouts to wide open guys down the field. He'll miss 3 short or intermediate passes that are entirely makeable, then twice a game make a completely improbable big play for a TD or sets up a TD.

I feel like with Grier this team would be a real SEC title and maybe even playoff contender. With Treon, maybe we contend for the SEC title if we get really lucky and everything goes right.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n305137]

HE score more points? How about those defensive turnovers? [/QUOTE]

Grier never benefited from those did he?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n305134 said:

^This. He's the best we've got...thanks to Grier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.