Treon Harris

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n309506]Grier's not going to get trashed for probably multiple reasons, but mainly for this one: The season didn't fall apart when he left, which would have made him the convenient scapegoat. And though I see the extreme paradox, Zambo, it boils down to whether or not the substance gives you an edge on the field. No one's going to argue that Treon being a stoner helps him in the pocket.[/QUOTE]

I think you'd have to have a very high opinion about how much benefit one can get from weight gain powder or whatever it was to make that sort of distinction. If he were getting the Mark McGuire/Jose Canseco program then sure. I don't have any sympathy for those guys. Y'all really think this is the same thing? I don't.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n309519 said:
I think you'd have to have a very high opinion about how much benefit one can get from weight gain powder or whatever it was to make that sort of distinction. If he were getting the Mark McGuire/Jose Canseco program then sure. I don't have any sympathy for those guys. Y'all really think this is the same thing? I don't.

True, but where is the NCAA if they allow one guy to use a PED because it's perceived as only marginally effective? They have a draw a line in the sand insofar as any PEDs are concerned. As MJM said, what made this kid think he could get away with any PED use, no matter the effectiveness? The only logical guess is he's young and stupid.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n309524]

The only logical guess is he's young and stupid.[/QUOTE]
Yup, which is exactly why after he serves a very harsh penalty he should be welcomed back. I can only imagine what my life would be like today if some of the stupid things I did at Grier's age weren't forgiven.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n309529 said:
Yup, which is exactly why after he serves a very harsh penalty he should be welcomed back. I can only imagine what my life would be like today if some of the stupid things I did at Grier's age weren't forgiven.
All kidding aside, he'll be welcomed back with open arms. :grouphug:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n309529 said:

Not only will he be welcomed back, he'll take on the added weight of being looked on as a sort of messiah, fair or not. This team showed us it's not about one player, but that one player being the quarterback, there are going to be some very lofty expectations going into next season. It'll be fun.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
I just want to know what happened with Treon since the LSU game. For 3.5 quarters, he played quite well. I have to admit that during the game, I was defending him in the chatterbox saying that he can be an above average quarterback. But since the last 2 drives of that game, it's gone downhill . . .

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n309538]

Not only will he be welcomed back, he'll take on the added weight of being looked on as a sort of messiah, fair or not. This team showed us it's not about one player, but that one player being the quarterback, there are going to be some very lofty expectations going into next season. It'll be fun.[/QUOTE]
True statement. He showed a lot of promise before the suspension but he's hardly a man among boys out there. The expectations for him will be off the charts.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Grier probably took testosterone supplements to boost his sex life with that girl. It's all her fault .. what's her name ?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n309544 said:
Grier probably took testosterone supplements to boost his sex life with that girl. It's all her fault .. what's her name ?

Mrs. Stiffler.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n309524]

True, but where is the NCAA if they allow one guy to use a PED because it's perceived as only marginally effective? They have a draw a line in the sand insofar as any PEDs are concerned. As MJM said, what made this kid think he could get away with any PED use, no matter the effectiveness? The only logical guess is he's young and stupid.[/QUOTE]

Why do you assume he knowingly took a PED? The whole point of the appeal is that he didn't know he took a PED.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n309550 said:
Why do you assume he knowingly took a PED? The whole point of the appeal is that he didn't know he took a PED.

I didn't. That's why I hedged by noting what an idiot he must be to have done so. An either or. The players are told unequivocally to avoid any supplements without the consent of the training staff. He did so. He's young and stupid.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n309458]

Of course he wasn't guaranteed, but he held a huge experience edge over Harris and Grier and you can't argue that the coaching staff held a bias against him. I'll never understand the mindset that brings a kid to bail for a smaller environment because he thinks he can play more. If I believe in myself and this is where I want to be, I stay put.[/QUOTE]
He was pretty surprised he got no better offers. However, honestly, it was the best place for him. Latech has ibe maybe two future NFL receivers and the best QB coach no one has ever heard of.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n309550 said:
We know what his dad said. We havent even heard what his defense liars say.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law, considering that he had to go down a level, what better offers were there going to be? Or was he a grad student like Ryan Smith?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n309541 said:
I just want to know what happened with Treon since the LSU game. For 3.5 quarters, he played quite well.
Maybe you should go back and make a timeline. Compare the number of points we scored w Grier before we moved Ivie into the rotation at LG, and after. Then do the same w Treoff before and after Sharpe and Ive got hurt. See what you find.

Im sure its totally a coincidence though.

Also go back and compare Wuerrfel with and without his starting center in 96. Probably also just a coincidence.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n309562 said:
Law, considering that he had to go down a level, what better offers were there going to be? Or was he a grad student like Ryan Smith?
He is a grad student and could have played anywhere. We couldnt have stopped him from going to fsucks or any place else.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n309290]

I've wondered all along why he bailed so quick after Muschamp left. You know the family. Why didn't Driskel stay and fight for the job? He knew he was gonna get better coaching and at least a shot. Or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Suppose you had been promised the same ******** year after year regarding the NEXT coach (offensive coordinator) being THE ONE to get it done. What would make you think that your 4th(!) offensive coordinator would be different? His time at Florida had become poisoned. He was becoming the sole blame for all the ineptitude. I don't blame him one iota for moving on to a better situation. And it appears that he made the correct decision. He's thrown for almost as many yards at LaTech in 8 games as he did in 4 years at Florida. And just look at the way Harris is treated even though he hasn't played very well. Driskell would have been crucified if he'd had a game like the one on Saturday.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
divits;309990 said:
Suppose you had been promised the same ******** year after year regarding the NEXT coach (offensive coordinator) being THE ONE to get it done. What would make you think that your 4th(!) offensive coordinator would be different? His time at Florida had become poisoned. He was becoming the sole blame for all the ineptitude. I don't blame him one iota for moving on to a better situation. And it appears that he made the correct decision. He's thrown for almost as many yards at LaTech in 8 games as he did in 4 years at Florida. And just look at the way Harris is treated even though he hasn't played very well. Driskell would have been crucified if he'd had a game like the one on Saturday.
Can't argue with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.