Treon Harris

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I Have No Friends :(;n305193 said:
Reading this thread reminds me of the year Muschamp went 11-2 here. A lot of excuses being made for pitiful play out of the QB.

Not exactly true. There is no way that Driskel hits as many receivers downfield while on the run, such as Calloway's TD this game and against LSU, as well as the 3rd and forever this game in the 3rd or 4th quarter. Driskel also was less effective when he did run the ball. Give Treon at least a little bit of credit with a worse offensive line to boot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They regularly draft kids who had no development in college or kids who do nothing much more than run the ball. Will's arm and lightning quick release will make him a first day pick regardless. It all boils down to whether he wants to win a ring before his big payday.

He hasn't impressed me so far with his cognitive processes. We'll see how it goes.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's a WR or DB. He's essentially Tyler Murphy. We shouldn't **** on him for that though.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
T REX;n305208 said:
The issue with rolling him out it literally cuts the field in half and takes away a lot of areas to throw to.
Great point, I hoped we would try some throw back screen passes to keep the defense from cheating. We got away with not doing it against UGA but Treon will struggle against faster and better defenses(FSU) if we don't figure a way to make the left side of the defense stay home.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Theologator;n305244 said:
Treon has an uncanny ability to evade trouble and make plays with his feet or arm. No sooner did Gary Danielson point out an 0-9 passing streak then BOOM he floats a sweet pass down the sideline for Callaway's long TD. He makes enough plays to win games and almost beat LSU in Baton Rouge. Let's see how he develops. I thought he started the game today very rattled and unsteady. He was much better in the second half, in command except for that fumble. This team can win with him.

I'm thrilled he's a Gator. And is he is the guy for the rest of this season.

And I still think Grier is better. But I'm not going to be upset if he proves me wrong.

I think the aspect of Treon's game that tends to be overlooked is that ability to evade trouble. If Grier had been out there we'd have a thread about the o line instead whining about how Grier was running for his life all night.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;305359 said:
Great point, I hoped we would try some throw back screen passes to keep the defense from cheating. We got away with not doing it against UGA but Treon will struggle against faster and better defenses(FSU) if we don't figure a way to make the left side of the defense stay home.

No way that FSU's defense is better than Georgia's.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n305362 said:
No way that FSU's defense is better than Georgia's.
I hate clown town as much are the next orangeblooded Gator, but ugly had a true freshman starting at DT, an undersized UAB player at Mike, and a moron at DC.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n305367 said:
I hate clown town as much are the next orangeblooded Gator, but ugly had a true freshman starting at DT, an undersized UAB player at Mike, and a moron at DC.

I thought I had gotten all of my dislike for Muschamp out of my system until I watched some of the FSU game yesterday and realized how much DEFENSIVE talent he let the Noles lock onto over the last 3 or 4 years. Their defensive starters are made up of almost strictly 5 star players and about half of their starters were top 20-25 overall players by multiple services......How their coached now will be the determining factor if we win but on paper their defense should be twice as talented as our.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Need to bash someone for our QB's inadequacies? Try bashing the dumbass who's fault it is that Treon is now our starter...Mr. Will Grier.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
jmskjrgator;n305225 said:
Foley needs to get a long term contract drawn up asap.

Hell no! We had to pay Muschamp over $6 mil to leave and the dude is still laughing his can off at us. As ecstatic as I am about what Coach Mac has done this year, let's hold off on long term contracts till we make sure that Coach Mac is not a "flash in the pan".

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TH is our guy right now and we have to back him. It was not a stellar performance but it was what we needed to win. I do think we played differently with WG at QB, no doubt. I am perfectly fine with what Mac is doing and how he's going about it. Roll Treon out, let him see the field. Perhaps the next two weeks he'll get some good deveolpment. All we need right now is for him not to screw it up. Just manage the game. I think we have a chance in every game we play the rest of the way. Remember he did QB us against LSU, who we'll probably see in ATL and were a fake FG away from winning. BTW LSU is a much better team that FSUck.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's the QB that is taking us to Atlanta and beyond. The ability is there, he seemed to regress some, not sure why, maybe not having the pressure of competing against WillyG has him slacking off. The one good thing, he isn't throwing INT's, yes he holds the ball too long, doesn't go through this progression too well, but he's serviceable. With our defense we've all said we just need an average offense, well we got it har har.

If you go through a chart of his throws per game, he actually has a higher percentage of deep ball completions than short one. Maybe something psychological about being short that he secretly detests and so anything associated with short triggers it and he can't make those throws. Roll him out and let him heave it, the Treon-Callaway Connection legend has begun.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n305128 said:
As I said in my podcast, why not just roll him out every play? He's faaaaar more dangerous that way. Quit trying to make him a pocket passer.
I agree. I don't think he can see from the pocket and it makes him nervous. He seems to throw much better on the move.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
His running is limited due to not wanting him hurt. If we had an entire run package in there for him, including zone reads, etc., it would likely make him more comfortable as a whole.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
stephenPE;n305341 said:
Only in the 21st century do you BITCHHHHH after a beating jawja's of ass cause the QB did NOT LIVE up to YOUR expectations...........Go read some fckn history about the Fla Ga series. ANYTIME you can humiliate Uga you have had a FANTASTIC saturday..........but wallow in your "our QB sucks, he is a backup, he throws in the dirt, he blahfckn blah." He has QB'd fla to TWO WINS over UGA. That is a good thing no matter how wadded your undergarments are. :doh: All you need to know is the genius now called the UF HBC likes Treon very much and talks about their unique relationship. The boy child with the golden arm and all those skills you drooled over is NOT THE QB NOW and will not be for awhile. If you are gonna break rules do NOT break those kind..........So support the guy.........your whining and crying just makes us looks like the the idiots our rivals are and wish we were..........

Yes daddy.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
...could have run for 150 yards and have scored 2 rushing TD had we needed it. Relax, we'll be fine.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n305390 said:
He's the QB that is taking us to Atlanta and beyond. The ability is there, he seemed to regress some, not sure why, maybe not having the pressure of competing against WillyG has him slacking off. The one good thing, he isn't throwing INT's, yes he holds the ball too long, doesn't go through this progression too well, but he's serviceable. With our defense we've all said we just need an average offense, well we got it har har.

If you go through a chart of his throws per game, he actually has a higher percentage of deep ball completions than short one. Maybe something psychological about being short that he secretly detests and so anything associated with short triggers it and he can't make those throws. Roll him out and let him heave it, the Treon-Callaway Connection legend has begun.

There was one play yesterday where TH and McGee (I think) rolled out to the left. McGee was only 2 yards in front of TH, looking back at TH and had 2 Defenders waiting for him. TH chose the short pass when he could have gotten more yards if McGee turned around to block and TH run the ball. Made no sense.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
NVGator;n305436 said:
There was one play yesterday where TH and McGee (I think) rolled out to the left. McGee was only 2 yards in front of TH, looking back at TH and had 2 Defenders waiting for him. TH chose the short pass when he could have gotten more yards if McGee turned around to block and TH run the ball. Made no sense.

Maybe the coaches are telling Harris to try to limit the amount of hits he takes. I'm not sure, but if he goes down we're dead in the water.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you need to lighten up. Acknowledging that Treon played poorly doesn't diminish the win or the fact that we all want to see him succeed. The coaches have just under 4 weeks to adjust the offense and to coach up Treon so that this offense will be a legit threat against fsu and either Lsu or Bama. I expect Treon to look much better a month from now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.